Visa exit to Cambodia

This will be an old topic to many but first time for me.

I need to exit at end of 30 day tourist visa and considering driving to Sa Kaeo and across the border into Cambodia.

Does one have to stay overnight? Even if you don't have to, is it a better idea before the re-entry to Thailand?

Does anyone know of a nice place to stay, not too far across the border in that area?

Edited by BJEinTH
typo

30 day visa exempt?
MAX 2 visa exempt entries /land borders/year
you need pay for a Cambodian visa, $30 and most land borders, the Cambodian immigration will charge you 3-500 baht for same day return>

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

First, you have the option of a 30-day extension of your visa exempt entry at the immigration office at IT Square, Laksi Plaza.

Second, if planning an in/out for a fresh visa exempt entry, avoid the Aranyaprathet/Poipet crossing which superficially seems the most convenient from Bangkok. It is a rogue crossing as far as Thai immigration is concerned with many experiencing problems.

+1.

Poipet is worst crossing there is on both sides of the border.

The Surin border is a dream in comparison and that is the one I always use for land travel with a group.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Scouse123 said:
18 hours ago, BritTim said:

First, you have the option of a 30-day extension of your visa exempt entry at the immigration office at IT Square, Laksi Plaza.

Second, if planning an in/out for a fresh visa exempt entry, avoid the Aranyaprathet/Poipet crossing which superficially seems the most convenient from Bangkok. It is a rogue crossing as far as Thai immigration is concerned with many experiencing problems.

Expand  

+1.

Poipet is worst crossing there is on both sides of the border.

The Surin border is a dream in comparison and that is the one I always use for land travel with a group.

Good advice from @BritTim & @Scouse123. The whole place (Aran/Poipet border crossing) is dodgy IMHO and I'm not just talking about immigration. 

Edited by Mutt Daeng