Aren't all farangs required to have a TM-30 attached to their passports? I'm going through a TM-30 problem with the condo I rent. The managers/condo owner haven't made a TM-30 happen for me, and I wonder what problems this may make for me down the road.

Are the other occupants foreigners?

What is a TM30 in Thailand?
What is TM30 notification? The TM30 notification and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (housemaster, possessor, or manager) to report the stay of a foreigner (non-Thai national) in his/her property.

The problem comes into play that as the owner I must include a copy of the rental contract with the tm30 application... as aforementioned we have no rental agreement... they are guests of the person that we have the rental agreement with.  They are all farang... I am farang... my wife is Thai

It's a tricky one. Technically you are responsible for the tenant named on the lease. If your tenant then allows others to stay in their leased property it would be down to the tenant to complete the TM30 (However some immigration offices might not accept this).

In reality, as a landlord, the most important thing is getting paid your rent money. If doing the extra TM30s enables the tenants at the property to stay then that's what you should fucus on.

You can be right in theory, and not help. Or you can keep the tenants legal and the rent money flowing in your direction.

2 minutes ago, blackcab said:

It's a tricky one. Technically you are responsible for the tenant named on the lease. If your tenant then allows others to stay in their leased property it would be down to the tenant to complete the TM30 (However some immigration offices might not accept this).

In reality, as a landlord, the most important thing is getting paid your rent money. If doing the extra TM30s enables the tenants at the property to stay then that's what you should fucus on.

You can be right in theory, and not help. Or you can keep the tenants legal and the rent money flowing in your direction.

Thanks... one thing tho... it's not about keeping the rent money flowing... we have a 2 year lease for an amount that does not change with or without the 2 additional "guests"... and we do not mind doing tm30's for the guests even if it is an additional pita... but we cannot supply a rental agreement as required because we do not have one.

32 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Aren't all farangs required to have a TM-30 attached to their passports? I'm going through a TM-30 problem with the condo I rent. The managers/condo owner haven't made a TM-30 happen for me, and I wonder what problems this may make for me down the road.

Depends on which Immigration Office you use but I found Jomtien & (IIRC) Bangkok require a TM30 for anything you need to do with them so at worse on your next visit to Immigration you'll be fined (Can't remember how much - 1,500b rings a bell). 

If you plan on travelling outside of the country anytime soon then just ignore it & do a TM30 when you get back, if not then probably best to visit your immigration office to file a new one/pay the fine. 

FWIW I'm moving Condo next month & asked the agent (Not really, it was the Condo Management Office who found the unit for me) about doing my TM30 as my last one did it automatically for me every time I returned to Thailand (even though I didn't need to file a new one).. She said cannot do but knows a lady that will do it for me for 500b... Turns out the Owner is registered for the TM30 online service so will do it for free. 

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Depends on which Immigration Office you use but I found Jomtien & (IIRC) Bangkok require a TM30 for anything you need to do with them so at worse on your next visit to Immigration you'll be fined (Can't remember how much - 1,500b rings a bell). 

If you plan on travelling outside of the country anytime soon then just ignore it & do a TM30 when you get back, if not then probably best to visit your immigration office to file a new one/pay the fine. 

FWIW I'm moving Condo next month & asked the agent (Not really, it was the Condo Management Office who found the unit for me) about doing my TM30 as my last one did it automatically for me every time I returned to Thailand (even though I didn't need to file a new one).. She said cannot do but knows a lady that will do it for me for 500b... Turns out the Owner is registered for the TM30 online service so will do it for free. 

I find it disturbing that I can be fined for the condo's negligence, but TITS. And I fully understand the need for a TM-30 for just about anything to do with immigration. I tried to get a certificate of residence from Chanthaburi. I had a TM-30 from Jomtien but had moved to Chanthaburi, even brought my lease agreement with me, and they gave me an absolute "HELL no."

Thankfully, I'm not needing to leave the country this year. I wonder if I tried getting a re-entry at Swampy if they'd deny me for not having a TM-30? THAT would negate my retirement visa stamp and would be costly to start THAT rigmarole all over again upon returning to LOS.

Heavy sigh . . .

There is no need for someone to be a long stay resident of a property for a TM30 notification to be necessary. Foreign overnight guests must be notified, and no one expects them to have a lease agreement.

The person specified on the lease is a householder under the meaning of the law. They, logically, ought to be the one responsible for notifying Immigration about short term foreign guests (or, in your case, additional residents).

• Thanks 1