Has Thailand got a Moral Backbone.

BarraMarra

51 minutes ago, Goat said:

No they didnt. They attacked Iraq because of weapons of mass destruction that didnt exist.

And invaded Ahghanistan because well, a Saudi was hiding out in Pakistan???

He confirm  his own lies !

3 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Firstly this thread is not meant as a Thai bashing thread its about the way Thailand appears to ignore morality when it comes to appeasing aggressive outside Country's. Today we are now seeing Thailand welcoming Russians into their country and and top Russian Diplomats such as Lavrov. Most Country's around the World are condemning Russia for invading another Country and terrorising the Ukrainian people, war crimes have been documented acts of unspeakable attacks on Cinemas, shopping Centres, and now even places of Worship, Children being kidnapped and sent to Russia, yet Thailand is welcoming Russians into Thailand and if we are led to believe there hoping for millions to arrive next year. The question has to be asked is do they realise what sanctions could start happening against a country supporting Russian involvement in Ukraine or are they just doing it for financial gain or simply a lack of backbone and Morality.       

Thailand isn't "a country supporting Russian involvement in Ukraine."

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, freeworld said:

I would surmise that the OP is 100% Thai bashing trying to elicit a response and support the morality question in favour of a certain viewpoint which certain people apply selectively.

Many western countries manufacture and peddle armements to many dubious countries around the world which are used to maim and kill, where is the morality in that.

Wrong freeworld the the Title is Has Thailand got any Moral Backbone. If you dont understand the question google Morality, Basically Thai top brass are happy allowing Russians into Thailand when most Country's have banned Russian Tourists to the extent of not allowing Russian passenger planes into there Airspace its called Morals. I'm not interested in other country's armaments its about allowing Russian tourists being allowed to enter Thailand. Everytime a flight leaves Russia for Thailand its helping Russia's war with Ukraine.

I would surmise that the OP is 100% Thai bashing trying to elicit a response and support the morality question in favour of a certain viewpoint which certain people apply selectively.

Many western countries manufacture and peddle armements to many dubious countries around the world which are used to maim and kill, where is the morality in that.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

I think it was proven that the damage was caused by Ukrainian air defence missiles crashing into buildings after missing their targets

5 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

I think it was proven that the damage was caused by Ukrainian air defence missiles crashing into buildings after missing their targets

Charlie please stay on Topic its not about the war in Ukraine its Thailand's ministers having Moral fibre.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Thailand is welcoming Russians into Thailand and if we are led to believe there hoping for millions to arrive next year. The question has to be asked is do they realise what sanctions could start happening against a country supporting Russian involvement in Ukraine or are they just doing it for financial gain or simply a lack of backbone and Morality.       

Im not a fan of what Russian Govt is doing in Ukraine but that has little to nothing to do with Thailand allowing tourist to come to the country. Tourism isnt supporting the Russian war in any way. The Russians that are coming are by and large people escaping the war. Now if Thailand was welcoming the govt in mass (not a single govt official on holiday) it would be different. Thailand is only concerned with boosting Tourism so they can capture much needed revenue to the country and their own pockets. Morality never cashed a check or paid a bill or made a deposit in a bank in Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Charlie please stay on Topic its not about the war in Ukraine its Thailand's ministers having Moral fibre.

BarraMarra, was it not you who strayed off topic first, with your comment about Hospitals and shopping malls?   

• Thanks 1

Yes because a member tried to convince us most of the civvie deaths in Ukraine are due to accidents. We have another new member at the table saying Thailand got nothing to do with the war in Ukraine. As i have posted earlier every flight leaving Russia for Thailand puts money into Putins war machinery and for reasons he only knows some of these Tourists have dodged call ups into the Russian army and the thai Government is happy allowing Russians into Thailand showing complete disregard for what Russia is doing in the Ukraine, 

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Countries have interests, not friends.

I don't know who said it first.

And obviously that applies to all countries. 

Sometimes some countries pretend they do good things like helping all those people in need. And they do this by selling weapons for billions of USD. Now why do they do that?

I don't think it makes sense for Thailand to pretend everybody from the Ukraine is a good person and everybody from Russia is a bad person. And even for each person there is often no clear good or bad.

That's reality.

"Countries have interests, not friends.

I don't know who said it first."

"We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow"

Lord Palmerston (1848)

• Thanks 1

What country hasn't been responsible for immoral act/behavior ?  Should the citizens be banned from entry/travel to other countries.

What tourist would be left to visit anywhere ?

People living in glass houses should be throwing stones.

Where was the outrage and moral backbone of countries, when these countries invaded Iraq or supported the war.  Killing & displacing how many ?

From wiki:

Untitled.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Firstly this thread is not meant as a Thai bashing thread its about the way Thailand appears to ignore morality when it comes to appeasing aggressive outside Country's. Today we are now seeing Thailand welcoming Russians into their country and and top Russian Diplomats such as Lavrov. Most Country's around the World are condemning Russia for invading another Country and terrorising the Ukrainian people, war crimes have been documented acts of unspeakable attacks on Cinemas, shopping Centres, and now even places of Worship, Children being kidnapped and sent to Russia, yet Thailand is welcoming Russians into Thailand and if we are led to believe there hoping for millions to arrive next year. The question has to be asked is do they realise what sanctions could start happening against a country supporting Russian involvement in Ukraine or are they just doing it for financial gain or simply a lack of backbone and Morality.       

Lavrov was opening a consulate on the grounds of a Freehold company owned by a British Billionaire.

Bit rich.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

After serving me a cold massaman chicken curry, just water and half a potato, absolutely horrible. The restaurant owner says "Im sorry" when my wife pays the bill. 

• Confused 1

If you're going on about morals, are you one of the many men who are helping the poor prostitutes of this country financially? With no thought for yourself of course.....

Morals are biassed depending on what you are preaching.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't see a goodwill or trade visit by Russian as making Thailand anti-western or immoral suddenly. Mai Lai, anyone? Most people are unaware that Thailand joined the non-aligned movement in 1993. After the United Nations, it is the largest grouping of states (120) worldwide. Membership requires NOT being aligned with or against any major power bloc. It is a way of balancing the polarization of regions.

Thailand is a small country, economically and politically, that does not want all its eggs in one basket. Don't forget, it has been more reliant (regrettably, I feel) on foreign tourists from China and Russia, both enemies of the west, or so I am told. Nevertheless, European and American tourists are also welcome. 

It is their country, and the attitude of my enemy should be Thailand's enemy doesn't make sense for them.

Edited by Purdey

Oh well if your still going on about Iraq and other wars this threads lost.  All i will say is Russian tourists and Russian Aircraft are banned from most European airspace and hitting Russia with Sanctions due to there invasion of another Country. Whats Thailand done ?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 3:20 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Countries have interests, not friends.

I don't know who said it first.

And obviously that applies to all countries. 

Sometimes some countries pretend they do good things like helping all those people in need. And they do this by selling weapons for billions of USD. Now why do they do that?

I don't think it makes sense for Thailand to pretend everybody from the Ukraine is a good person and everybody from Russia is a bad person. And even for each person there is often no clear good or bad.

That's reality.

Exactly correct. Morals and ethics are artificial psychological structures peculiar to humans only in the physical world.

Therefore they exist only in the eye of the particular human viewing them. It's naive to expect such artifice to be the same all over the world, because humans are not the same everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

China and Russia, both enemies of the west, or so I am told.

This is not simply hearsay subject to individual interpretation.

Both Russia and China explicitly state that they oppose western countries whose political/social structures they strive to dismantle or dominate. But even if not stated, to any rational observer their actions make the fact abundantly clear on a daily basis.

Those who do not recognize their sworn enemies will surely succumb to them. Any species lacking this beneficial understanding are doomed to extinction. That is a fact of the natural world, not hearsay.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 3:41 PM, BarraMarra said:

No Fruit pudding they stopped Hussein gassing his own men woman and Kids and stopped Gadaffi putting bombs on Aircraft. and stopping Isis beheading westerners.

You do know where Hussein got his gas from right? And you do now that the US vetoed the UN condemnation of the gassing. Twice. 

Amazing that some people are so blinkered that they actually tripe like your post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1