Honda HR-V 2023 alternatives

4 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Thanks again for the information. Very useful. I’ve just been looking at the MG VS X, and it does look to be a very nice vehicle. I think it’s been around for about a year or so now. I’m particularly interested in the total (combined) power of 177PS, whereas Toyota and Honda equivalents are down around 120-130PS, which is a bit low for me. I currently drive a Civic RS which has around 180. I’m not a fast driver, but I do like to have a bit of power when overtaking or even getting out of a situation. Definitely food for thought. 

No problem I hope this is helpful. I really enjoyed the VS X test drive, you're right the 177PS is amazing, I think it was all due to the 200Nm electric engine, which drains pretty fast when pushed hard..but charges back up pretty fast as well. I wonder how much that battery weighs? I believe most HEV car batteries are around 50kg but could be double?

Regardless the VS X is impressive, I thought it was a little small when compared to the HS, but I don't need a big vehicle. I actually prefer smaller anyway, esp. since we're in Thailand. The X lists for 919 but you can get it for 800, not bad at all. 

23 minutes ago, Furioso said:

No problem I hope this is helpful. I really enjoyed the VS X test drive, you're right the 177PS is amazing, I think it was all due to the 200Nm electric engine, which drains pretty fast when pushed hard..but charges back up pretty fast as well. I wonder how much that battery weighs? I believe most HEV car batteries are around 50kg but could be double?

Regardless the VS X is impressive, I thought it was a little small when compared to the HS, but I don't need a big vehicle. I actually prefer smaller anyway, esp. since we're in Thailand. The X lists for 919 but you can get it for 800, not bad at all. 

It’s very helpful. It’s always good to get information first-hand.

The extra power might do it for me. I’m going to take a test drive in the Toyota Cross, but I think I’ll book one for the MG as well. You can get it for 800k? 

10 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

It’s very helpful. It’s always good to get information first-hand.

The extra power might do it for me. I’m going to take a test drive in the Toyota Cross, but I think I’ll book one for the MG as well. You can get it for 800k? 

No problem, I'm glad to share the info. Yes, the sales lady did offer 800k with free tint(all windows) and 1 year free insurance. Their website has a bunch of promos too but I think you have to finance to get those.

MG is pushing their inventory hard, lot's of deals to be had. 

• Like 1