If you were looking for a new relationship today what age gap would you aim for and why?

1 minute ago, thailandsgreat said:

Topic well covered. But maybe better to head out of BKK, Pattaya etc and to the slightly smaller places where farlang are less common.  But you must also be prepared to live that life.

Where she lives is maybe more important than her age.

Her family, is the most important for you and your happiness ???? as well here of course

8 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Topic well covered. But maybe better to head out of BKK, Pattaya etc and to the slightly smaller places where farlang are less common.  But you must also be prepared to live that life.

Where she lives is maybe more important than her age.

Where I live is up to me. And she has two options: Live with me where I want to live or leave me.

There are so many stories out there from guys who moved to the village of their wife. And then they build a house, on her land, and then life is over. Or at least it is limited to what she wants.

I find it hard to understand why guys do this again and again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I have to assume sometimes people just click. Also, sometimes there might be daddy or grand daddy issues. Not for me to say or judge. If it works for them, great.

I agree.

By now I know the story how my gf grew up. Her mother died when she was maybe 5, and later her father didn't really take care of her. I am sure when I met her and told her I will take care of her, that that resonated with what she wanted. And I still take care of her.

Lots of what we do has a lot to do with how we grew up. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where I live is up to me. And she has two options: Live with me where I want to live or leave me.

There are so many stories out there from guys who moved to the village of their wife. And then they build a house, on her land, and then life is over. Or at least it is limited to what she wants.

I find it hard to understand why guys do this again and again.

True. You probably have to buy/rent some condo in a reasonably civilized place but away from BKK, Pattaya. But I don't rule out finding non-bar girls in e.g. Pattaya. There is life outside the bar areas too.

Building on wife's land is a real killer in Philippines too.

1 hour ago, bignok said:

No it isnt. 45yo women dont really want a 75yo husband. Most of these age gap ones are about $

Did his reply indicate 45 year old women and 75 year old men or did you just make that up to suit your argument? Ludicrous…

7 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

True. You probably have to buy/rent some condo in a reasonably civilized place but away from BKK, Pattaya. But I don't rule out finding non-bar girls in e.g. Pattaya. There is life outside the bar areas too.

Building on wife's land is a real killer in Philippines too.

I love Bangkok. I've been here since almost 30 years and I don't plan to move anywhere else, ever. 

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I love Bangkok. I've been here since almost 30 years and I don't plan to move anywhere else, ever. 

I guess many girls you see there are working in shops, happy to be relieved of their 9 to 5 work to marry. Bangkok girls maybe high maintenance?

15 minutes ago, bignok said:

Strange response to age gaps.

Not at all. It’s only you who mentioned 75 years old. My first age gap relationship when I was the older one was 31 to 18. Money wasn’t involved nor has it ever been in my relationships. The issue is that many have started relationships where finance is the main issue and subsequently see that as the norm. But many have relationships based on mutual attraction… unbelievable to some it seems. 

4 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I guess many girls you see there are working in shops, happy to be relieved of their 9 to 5 work to marry. Bangkok girls maybe high maintenance?

Such crazy assumptions ????

21 minutes ago, NextG said:

Not at all. It’s only you who mentioned 75 years old. My first age gap relationship when I was the older one was 31 to 18. Money wasn’t involved nor has it ever been in my relationships. The issue is that many have started relationships where finance is the main issue and subsequently see that as the norm. But many have relationships based on mutual attraction… unbelievable to some it seems. 

Posting nonsense. Most here are 50 to 80yo.

On 7/28/2023 at 9:32 PM, GinBoy2 said:

Well my ex wife is dealing very well with her toy boy boyfriend, doesn't seem to worry them.

But again, he is I 'think' about 10 years younger than her

When I lived in phuket there was an Italian guy with a Thai wife. He definitely did his part for her and her family but you could feel it wasn't exactly a family filled with love.  The wife confessed to my gf at the time that she made regular trips to a Thai gigolo bar in Patong to get her bell rung.  I had never heard they had those here but I can't say I was surprised either.. Bunch of alley cats the lot of them.

45 minutes ago, bignok said:

Posting nonsense. Most here are 50 to 80yo.

So from a male age range of 50 to 80, you came up with 75 & 45 ???? Impressive.

Of course you are referring to a certain demographic.. 

4 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

When I lived in phuket there was an Italian guy with a Thai wife. He definitely did his part for her and her family but you could feel it wasn't exactly a family filled with love.  The wife confessed to my gf at the time that she made regular trips to a Thai gigolo bar in Patong to get her bell rung.  I had never heard they had those here but I can't say I was surprised either.. Bunch of alley cats the lot of them.

Maybe he was not able to make her happy. So she could have left him of stay with him and get the satisfaction somewhere else. Possibly he was happy that she stayed with him.

Strictly depends on how much money you have in Thailand, Philippines.. 

Example 1:  million up 18-30 years old

Example 2:  500K and up. 18-30 years old

Example 3:  100K and up.  18-30years old

Example 4:  50K and up.  18-30 years old

Example 5: Old age pension 18-30 years old

If I left anyone out then it defaults to 18-30 years old ????

Edited by Gknrd
  • Haha 1

Such an interesting Topic and a subject I often think about.

If I were to have a GF again...which I will not.

I would search for one with an age difference of about 20 years.

I like older women.

Always have.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, bignok said:

Few 30yos here champ

How do you know? Don’t be ridiculous. 
Quite a jump from 30 to 75… make up your mind. You are all over the place. First 75, then 50 to 80 and now “few 30yos”

You are just throwing mud and hoping it sticks. Try making sense. 

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

How do you know? Don’t be ridiculous. 
Quite a jump from 30 to 75… make up your mind. You are all over the place. First 75, then 50 to 80 and now “few 30yos”

You are just throwing mud and hoping it sticks. Try making sense. 

You obviously dont know much about the average age on here.