Does anyone know where to get an EZ pass in Pattaya

I have asked at some of the toll booths.  So far they have told me SCB, Kasikorn, and Krungthai banks.  Guess what none of them dispense them.  

I was then told I had to register for MFlow online.  I did that but not easily.  It would never allow me to progress through the registration and finally a man from MFlow completed it for me and sent a QR Code I was to print and put in the window.  Guess what, first time to try and it would not open the gate in the EZ Pass lane.  Attendant had no idea what it was or why it did not work. 

I would think that you should be able to purchase an EZ pass here in Pattaya and not have to drive to one of the toll booths that dispenses them.  But then again, this is Thailand. 

We bought ours in Khrung Thai on Khao Talo, but this branch closed some time ago.

One you have it, best to download the MFlow app to check your account and create QR codes to load money. 

Only reason I know, why gate does not open is, if you have less than 200 Baht on the card, happened to me twice. Seems to be the lower limit expected to ensure that you can pay, if you drive all the way to BKK (105 Baht)

15 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

We bought ours in Khrung Thai on Khao Talo, but this branch closed some time ago.

One you have it, best to download the MFlow app to check your account and create QR codes to load money. 

Only reason I know, why gate does not open is, if you have less than 200 Baht on the card, happened to me twice. Seems to be the lower limit expected to ensure that you can pay, if you drive all the way to BKK (105 Baht)

Got mine from KTB on Khao talo too.

Min balance is the cost of an entire motorway trip annoying as my daily commute is Bt55.00 ea way.

Can top up online from your bank if you do not want to faff around with QR codes.

32 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Yes none of the banks apparently sell them.  Just so I understand, the man at Mflow put 100 baht in my account.  I have a QR code.  Is that all that is necessary is to put in the window of my car.  I see something about an EZ pass card that is a small transmitter pasted to the windshield.  

Don't get confused. 

MPass is what you used to get at Krung Thai Bank Pattaya, which is not available anymore. EasyPass is not and has never been available in Pattaya.

EasyPass and MPass tag holders use the same lanes, toll is deducted from a prepaid account.

MFlow uses a camera to read the car registration number and direct debit the toll based on the info you provided when you register in MFlow system. Your account is not prepaid. You can also use MFlow whithout registering on their system, just log on to thier website to pay the toll soon after. Late payment will incur heavy fine.

If you have EasyPass you can log on to EasyPass account to ungrade to EasyPass Plus which will allow you to use all lanes: Easypass/Mpass and MFlow

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2023 at 8:02 PM, Thailand J said:

MPass is what you used to get at Krung Thai Bank Pattaya, which is not available anymore.

I have Mpass and just registered for it.  I was emailed a QR code which I placed in the window of my car.  I went through the EZ Pass lane and the barrier would not lift. 

I gave it to the attendant who had no idea.  Some have suggested that it was because I only had the minimum baht in the account.  

One way or another, I would like to have the automated payment but it sure seems strange that the only way to obtain one is to drive to an expressway in Bangkok. 

I have an MPass tag and last month the battery ran out. I called the toll-free number (1586) and was told that MPass tags are only available now from KTB main branch in Chonburi - even if you live in BKK you still have to go to Chonburi!

I was also told that I couldn't change the battery myself - so I did! Saved myself a 3 hour round trip and a lot of messing about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

I have an MPass tag and last month the battery ran out. I called the toll-free number (1586) and was told that MPass tags are only available now from KTB main branch in Chonburi - even if you live in BKK you still have to go to Chonburi!

I was also told that I couldn't change the battery myself - so I did! Saved myself a 3 hour round trip and a lot of messing about.

Any details on how you did this?  Crack the transmitter open?  Is the MPass tag same as the Kapsch brand tag that Easy Pass uses?  My EasyPass is I think 7 years old now, I'm sure battery is getting low soon.

To the OP, I recently thought I lost my EasyPass...  girlfriend was trying to get another, but apparently the only way now is at the EXAT Admin Office in Bangkapi Bangkok.  I was fortunate that my pass had just fallen into my steering column and found it when cleaning out my car, so saved myself a trip.

@Thailand J  Thanks for the tip about EasyPass Plus!

• Like 1

I live near Pattya and my neighbor had the same problem. There used to be a little shack at the toll booth right outside of Pattaya but it's closed. We used this as an excuse for a trip to Bangkok. We parked at a toll booth right outside of BKK and they did everything but it took at least 30 minutes. I think they transferred the money from his old account into his now new account. The only mistake is he let the lady stick the new device on his window, which was a few cm from where he would have put it.

It is good to get out of town every once in awhile, even if it's for stupid sh_t like this. 

2 hours ago, n8sail said:

Any details on how you did this?  Crack the transmitter open?  Is the MPass tag same as the Kapsch brand tag that Easy Pass uses?  My EasyPass is I think 7 years old now, I'm sure battery is getting low soon.

My tag is made by a Norwegian company called Norbit and the datasheet is on their site. https://norbit.com/media/PS-130003-5U_Norbit_ITS_VTR850-R_datasheet-1.pdf

I've seen a few blogs saying that the transmitters don't work after changing the battery, which probably means the data is held in volatile memory. When I changed mine, I applied an external voltage to maintain the memory and that's where is gets a bit tricky.

You also need to get the right battery with the right chemistry (Lithium thionyl chloride) otherwise it will cook-off when the unit is attached to your windshield in sunlight.

Basically it takes about a half hour to replace if you know what your doing. A month in the burns unit if you don't.

I have an M-pass. I bought it at Krung Thai Bank next to the Big C  Marina Shopping Center on Second Road. It came with a card and a device that you glue to the inside of your windscreen. I last used it in May when I took the motorway from Pattaya to Bangkok round trip. Had no problems. I started my May trip with 1000 baht credit on my account. I last topped up the account with 1000 baht last December. I should have around 700 baht remaining. I think I'll drive to Sattahip just to see if it's still working. Oh, and on that May trip I drove up to Khao Yai and used the M-Flow lanes. I believe you have 7 days in which to pay for unregistered vehicles. I went on the M-flow website and paid with a QR code connected to my Bangkok Bank savings account. Again, no problems.

8 hours ago, bronzedude said:

I have an M-pass. I bought it at Krung Thai Bank next to the Big C  Marina Shopping Center on Second Road.

How long ago did you buy this.  I went to Krung Thai close to Tuk Com and they said they didn't sell the M pass. 

M-flow seems to be the optimal system, no transmitter needed. But that's only on motorway 9, right? Why the hell can't they install that everywhere? On motorway 7 Pattaya-BKK too?

Edited by Odinrex