Retirement visa without the 800,000 baht

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Are you really suggesting that such an out of province extension would not be valid,?

It should not be issued in the first place if the applicant does not live in the province. Here's an idea, get one from another province, then go into your real immigration office and ask them!

Edited by proton
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If it's an established agency, it's probably ok, it's a very common business and if an Immigration officer gives you an extension of stay in your passport, it is a legitimate visa extension.

No its not legal. There are legitimate agencies that take all the proper paperwork and proof of the 800000 baht in the bank and process it for you. Im pretty sure doing an extension thru an agent where they fake your money is technically illegal although not enforced. Big difference. Pay your money and take your chances in the current climate at Imm. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, proton said:

If they ever get a decent government here I fully expect them to clean the immigration corruption up, cries of it can't happen as too much money is made will fall on deaf ears.

Your rants in many threads crying wolf regarding the use of agents is very boring in the extreme.

Folk can make their own choices based on research without some posters boring rhetoric. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your rants in many threads crying wolf regarding the use of agents is very boring in the extreme.

Folk can make their own choices based on research without some posters boring rhetoric. 

Opinions are rants now then if you don't agree? The question is whether an extension from another province is legal or not, my suggestion is if in doubt ask at your local immigration office, rather than know it all's on forums and those actually doing it with their fingers crossed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dan O said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If it's an established agency, it's probably ok, it's a very common business and if an Immigration officer gives you an extension of stay in your passport, it is a legitimate visa extension.

No its not legal. There are legitimate agencies that take all the proper paperwork and proof of the 800000 baht in the bank and process it for you. Im pretty sure doing an extension thru an agent where they fake your money is technically illegal although not enforced.

Did I say that it was legal?  No, I did not (I didn't say that it was illegal, either), I said that the extension would be legitimate.  What I did say was that if an IO (acting in his official capacity) authorises an extension, then that extension is a legitimate extension.    

"Im pretty sure doing an extension thru an agent where they fake your money is technically illegal although not enforced".

Why are you pretty sure of that, what do you base that on?

"Fake your money"?  Are you saying that when those extensions are issued there was no money in those accounts?  You're wrong, it's real money and that money is in the account when the extension approval is given.

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Opinions are rants now then if you don't agree? The question is whether an extension from another province is legal or not, my suggestion is if in doubt ask at your local immigration office, rather than know it all's on forums and those actually doing it with their fingers crossed.

As I stated you are naive.

"Up country" extensions based on retirement have been around since Adam was a boy.

The stamps are from immigration offices. 

You imply by some rogue immigration officer.

Seriously nonsense.

Clearly agent extension is not for you. No problem. 

Just get off the soap box.

BTW: I do my own extensions using 800k+ all hear round.

Perhaps when mobility becomes an issue I will use an agent. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Did I say that it was legal?  No, I did not (I didn't say that it was illegal, either), I said that the extension would be legitimate.  What I did say was that if an IO (acting in his official capacity) authorises an extension, then that extension is a legitimate extension.    

"Im pretty sure doing an extension thru an agent where they fake your money is technically illegal although not enforced".

"Fake your money"?  Are you saying that when those extensions are issued there was no money in those accounts?  You're wrong, it's real money and that money is in the account when the extension approval is given.

Your talking nonsense.  Its illegal. Saying "it legitmate" is bs. Trying to play word semantics. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As I stated you are naive.

"Up country" extensions based on retirement have been around since Adam was a boy.

The stamps are from immigration offices. 

You imply by some rogue immigration officer.

Seriously nonsense.

Clearly agent extension is not for you. No problem. 

Just get off the soap box.

BTW: I do my own extensions using 800k+ all hear round.

Perhaps when mobility becomes an issue I will use an agent. 

Rubbish

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, proton said:

... definitely illegal if it's from a province you do not live in. 

What do you base that on if the application shows a local address (which they do)?  When I say what's the basis for that I don't mean that it's just your opinion that it should be.

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Your talking nonsense.  Its illegal.

Is it?  Based on what?  Where is it laid down that it is illegal for a senior IO to use his discretion when issuing extensions? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Rubbish

Be specific rather than type mindless reply.

I can help....." The stamps are genuine" 

Just one example ....how is that "rubbish" 

It's either correct or not. 

Edited by DrJack54

Thank you OP for opening a can of worms again.  As you know this issue has been flogged more times than 10 dead horses. 

If you want the visa then just pay it and do the process,  if you are too worried then don't get the visa and go and get your 800,000 and put it in the bank,  it's that simple  !! 

Edited by steven100

1 hour ago, proton said:

It should not be issued in the first place if the applicant does not live in the province. Here's an idea, get one from another province, then go into your real immigration office and ask them!

You have evaded the question.

What an Immigration office(r) will say (should you be stupid enough to approach them) is irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Thank you OP for opening a can of worms again.  As you know this issue has been flogged more times than 10 dead horses. 

If you want the visa then just pay it and do the process,  if you are too worried then don't get the visa and go and get your 800,000 and put it in the bank,  it's that simple  !! 

+1

• Thanks 1