Hunter Biden's former business partner tells Congress about Joe Biden calls

Social Media

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What's the crime that Archer's testimony provides evidence for?

Wasn't it something about a company paying to have one of the Bidens on the board to allow them to benefit in some way?  I don't think the president/vice president can hire himself out like that.

4 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The allegation that Joe and Hunter Biden sometimes exchanged remarks over the phone with Hunter Bidens business associates in the room means "the net is tightening" in what way, exactly?

I'm not sure why you're ignoring what the article actually said and substituting the above fiction.  I presume you like this version better as it is less damming than the actual facts?

Unfortunately, you won't be the judge and won't get to choose how the evidence is presented to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Simply proves that Joe lied when he said, “I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,”. The onion is being peeled one layer at a time. 

No, it absolutely does not prove that at all. 

Let me give you a concrete example from my own life. I have a grandson who runs a business with partners (though for the purposes of the argument he could just as easily be my son). I have met most (if not all) the partners that he runs his business with. Yet I can assure you that I have never discussed his business dealings with him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Let me give you a concrete example from my own life. I have a grandson who runs a business with partners (though for the purposes of the argument he could just as easily be my son). I have met most (if not all) the partners that he runs his business with. Yet I can assure you that I have never discussed his business dealings with him.

But some other person could have done all this and very much discussed his grandson's business dealings with him.  Your example is meaningless.  :blink:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Wasn't it something about a company paying to have one of the Bidens on the board to allow them to benefit in some way?  I don't think the president/vice president can hire himself out like that.

Hiring himself out? So, you're claiming Joe Biden was paid? As for Hunter trading on his father's name, it's sleazy but it's not a crime.

50 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It sounds like the net is tightening...

"Don't cry, Joe..."

Ya'll should be hoping that Biden faces Trump. It would be Trump's best chance. Don't imagine that if Biden withdraws that his VP pick would get the nod either.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Hiring himself out? So, you're claiming Joe Biden was paid? As for Hunter trading on his father's name, it's sleazy but it's not a crime.

I think, as the chap says in the article, allowing himself to be hired to provide support to a company sounds pretty slimy of Biden Sr.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

But some other person could have done all this and very much discussed his grandson's business dealings with him.  Your example is meaningless.  :blink:

It's hardly meaningless. Various people have been arguing that meeting with your son's business partners is proof that you discussed your son's business dealings with him.

My example and my personal experience shows that meeting your son's business partners is absolutely no proof whatsoever that you have discussed business dealings with your son.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Don't imagine that if Biden withdraws that his VP pick would get the nod either.

That's the one and only reason why they don't retire this old dement fellow yet, although they know very well what is going on.

Expect they put him in old mens home a week before the elections

• Sad 1

Did you actually read the article? There's nothing in it that shows Joe and Hunter Biden ever did anything other than exchange casual remarks when there were other business partners of Hunter in the room and they were on speakerphone, or that they ever discussed Hunter's business dealings.

Isn't this from the article:

"House Oversight Committee chairman James Comer said Archer testified that the value of adding Hunter Biden to Burisma's board was "the brand" and said that the then-vice president brought the most value to "the brand." He also testified that Burisma would have gone under if not for "the brand," Comer said, adding that the elder Biden was put on the phone to sell "the brand.""

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Ya'll should be hoping that Biden faces Trump. It would be Trump's best chance. Don't imagine that if Biden withdraws that his VP pick would get the nod either.

I think people being held accountable for their wrongdoings would be the best outcome.  ????‍♂️

It's hardly meaningless. Various people have been arguing that meeting with your son's business partners is proof that you discussed your son's business dealings with him.

My example and my personal experience shows that meeting your son's business partners is absolutely no proof whatsoever that you have discussed business dealings with your son.

Did you actually read the article?

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

"House Oversight Committee chairman James Comer said Archer testified that the value of adding Hunter Biden to Burisma's board was "the brand" and said that the then-vice president brought the most value to "the brand." He also testified that Burisma would have gone under if not for "the brand," Comer said, adding that the elder Biden was put on the phone to sell "the brand.""

That is in the article and it's all purely Comer's personal opinion and wild conjecture. None of what Comer says there provides any actual evidence that what Joe Biden said on any of the phone calls was anything other than casual conversation.

It's also completely at odds with how other members of the committee characterized Archer's evidence.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, BenStark said:

That's the one and only reason why they don't retire this old dement fellow yet, although they know very well what is going on.

Expect they put him in old mens home a week before the elections

The people who decide who becomes the candidates are voters, not some secret deep state cartel called "they".

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The people who decide who becomes the candidates are voters, not some secret deep state cartel called "they".

Oh really, then why is Biden candidate when MORE THAN HALF of the voters don't want it?

As Biden prepares to announce 2024 campaign, new poll shows many Democrats prefer someone else

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/04/21/2024-election-biden-democrats-poll/11714259002/

Only half of Democrats, or 47%, think Biden should run again in 2024, according to The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll. Overall, just 26% of Americans want him to run.

Edited by BenStark

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Comer says! ????

When will the GOP release the testimony so that we can know what has been exactly said?

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Oh really, then why is Biden candidate when MORE THAN HALF of the voters don't want it?

As Biden prepares to announce 2024 campaign, new poll shows many Democrats prefer someone else

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/04/21/2024-election-biden-democrats-poll/11714259002/

Only half of Democrats, or 47%, think Biden should run again in 2024, according to The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll. Overall, just 26% of Americans want him to run.

That's a poll, not pre-selection vote.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, candide said:

Comer says! ????

When will the GOP release the testimony so that we can exactly know what has been said?

Rep. Dan Goldman said there's no impediment to Comer releasing the transcript. They'd rather continue with the narrative.

“And I would urge Chairman Comer, rather than to continue to send out misinformation about what transpired in the transcribed interview, to actually put out the transcript, which he can do as soon as he wants,” Goldman said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4130162-house-democrat-calls-on-comer-to-release-transcript-of-devon-archer-testimony/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Rep. Dan Goldman said there's no impediment to Comer releasing the transcript. They'd rather continue with the narrative.

That's their usual trick. They are also holding back the FBI agent's testimony which contradicts their darling whistleblowers. Well, apparently, it seems some people fall for it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

True. I guess Joe could have just gone up to some random stranger among the 10 million residents of Beijing, had coffee, and decided purely from the goodness of his big ol' heart to help his kids get into university in the USA.  Sure.  And that random stranger by amazing coincidence just HAPPENED to be his son's business partner in a joint venture with a Chinese firm. 

It's a small world.

“I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,”  but he DID, somehow, manage to meet and speak to so many of his son's business partners.  All without speaking to his son about his business dealings.  

Meanwhile in the real world were rock solid proven facts are delt with the j 6 indictments came down 4 counts real counts not fantasies 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1