low wattage kitchen water heater tank

gamb00ler

I want to put a water heater under our kitchen sink but the available circuit doesn't have thick enough wires (so I've been told ).

I think I read an old AN post saying that there are water heaters with small storage tanks intended for use with low amperage circuits.  The AN search function is not being helpful.  I don't think we would need more than 4-5 l of warm water at a time.

Any one know of that type of heater?

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Who and how do "they" know the cable isn't thick enough, without facts is all guess work. 

Our home builder was the source.  However, I'll be checking the wire size myself to be sure.  I'll snip off a short piece since the wire is still accessible.

20 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually size it is normally marked on the wire insulation.  Suspect you want a tank water heater - something like this?  

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/40l-i4733600447-s19611129784.html?

image.png.0f7a2ed839609622af6d887868907adc.png

Thanks, but that one is 40 liters.... we want one about 6-10 liters to fit in cabinet under kitchen sink.  I've found several in that range on Laz and AliExpress.  

3 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I want to put a water heater under our kitchen sink but the available circuit doesn't have thick enough wires (so I've been told ).

Virtually any stored water heater will be OK. It is the instant heaters that need high amp circuits. The stored water heaters chug along taking half an hour to get you to 80C or lower if you want.

I have found a few now on both Lazada and AliExpress.  Some are as small as 6l but more often 8l and bigger.

@PR3, that one looks good and Rheem is a better known brand.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Thumbs Up 1