how to put a file on phone desktop?

Hello folks. I have just bought a second hand car and I need an instruction manual in English language. I have found a pdf file on a Google search and want to be able to place it on my smartphone desktop for easy access, but cannot find a way to do that. If I download it I don't know where it goes to. Could somebody please help me with instructions on how to place an icon for it on my desktop ? Regards, thoengthaied.

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

If Samsung phone it goes into My Files under the Samsung App.

And in MyFiles there is a three-dots menu with Add to desktop (or similar, mine is in German).

51 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

If I download it I don't know where it goes to. Could somebody please help me with instructions on how to place an icon for it on my desktop ?

You need a file explorer app installed on Android with short cut options or just a short cut app. I use Total Commander but there are many. Just select the file, probably in the download folder, select show on desktop/home screen.

43 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

smartphone desktop for easy access,

You should get the terminology right, I think you mean Home Screen, which would be the equivalent of the desktop on a PC.

You should have a File Manager on your phone and you should learn to use it or you will never be able to find anything.

Try and locate the File Manager and open it, there should be a folder named "Downloads" and every chance it will be in that folder, if not, there should also be a folder named "Documents" and it may be in there.

Phones are a nightmare. There are 2 basic systems, Iphone and Android. Android,although developed by Google is open source and every phone manufacturer tailors the Android to suit their device. Makes it very difficult for people to suggest solutions when they don't know the phone model.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thoengthaied said:

Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro Zoom

I went through a couple of file managers/explorers.

This one did the job:

https://www.rsfile.net/

On my phone it comes in German as "RS Datei Manager".

But you find it in playstore searching "RS File Manager".

It has quite annoying adds. I had to close it once to get around.

Edited by KhunBENQ