Trying to pay for a beIN sports TV package with a Kasikorn Debit card - no joy!

Previously downloaded a form, went to local Big C or Lotus's, paid cash there, got a receipt, and system was live when I got home. Worked great, so of course they had to change things.
Now can only pay with a Debit or Credit card, tried several times with both myKasikorn Debit card, and Thai wife's card, keeps getting refused by the Bank. Of course today the Banks are closed, (someone at beIN really needs to give their head a shake). Anyone have any advice?
The fee is only 950 Baht the funds in the Bank are way in excess of that.

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Have you checked if online payments have been enabled in the banking app?

Don't have a Banking app, never used the Debit card except as an ATM card, before.
I was trying to pay by using the card number and 3 digit code on the back. beIN don't take Bank transfers from Android phones!

On 8/2/2023 at 5:20 PM, MrMuddle said:

Previously downloaded a form, went to local Big C or Lotus's, paid cash there, got a receipt, and system was live when I got home. Worked great, so of course they had to change things.
Now can only pay with a Debit or Credit card, tried several times with both myKasikorn Debit card, and Thai wife's card, keeps getting refused by the Bank. Of course today the Banks are closed, (someone at beIN really needs to give their head a shake). Anyone have any advice?
The fee is only 950 Baht the funds in the Bank are way in excess of that.

Perhaps you are choosing the wrong option: https://www.beinsports.com/en-my

Try the option for 980 baht. 

It seems that in order to use a Kasikorn Debit Card, one has to register it, via a Kasikorn ATM machine.They didn't tell us this when we first got one, many years ago! It takes 24 hours to register, before one can use the card, as a debit crd and buy things, so I'll see what happens this afternoon, when the 24 hours finishes. Never had this problem before with UK debit cards, had one for around 40 years, over there!

Just now, NextG said:

Were there not more payment options available under the 980 baht option?

Only PayPal, which I don't have/ won't use, or a credit card, again don't have, won't use.
Was much simpler previously, they sent out a form, I printed it, took it to local Big C / Lotus / lots of other retailers, they scanned the code, I paid, and beIN was up and running when I got home.

On 8/2/2023 at 7:09 PM, MrMuddle said:

Don't have a Banking app, never used the Debit card except as an ATM card, before.
I was trying to pay by using the card number and 3 digit code on the back. beIN don't take Bank transfers from Android phones!

As aforementioned, is the card enabled for online transactions? If it’s linked to the account from which you would make the ‘bank transfer’, check!

5 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Banks moving totally to cashless transactions.

Expect it to get worse.????????

I find it astounding that there seems to be no opposition to this. Once cash goes the Banks will have total control.

On 8/2/2023 at 7:09 PM, MrMuddle said:

If you don’t have a ‘banking app’ then how would you make a bank transfer from an Android phone?

1 minute ago, MrMuddle said:

I find it astounding that there seems to be no opposition to this. Once cash goes the Banks will have total control.

Total control of what? Who put their money in the bank in the first place? There are other options that you refuse to utilise; not that you could anyway. Adapt or die, remember?

Just now, MrMuddle said:

My wife has one from another Bank.

So why not use that one(checking in the Settings that it is enabled for online transactions beforehand)? Or is there no debit card or virtual card linked to the other bank account?