Bye bye Big-C (Korat)

Confuscious

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Big-c outlet near Terminal 21 was going down the gutter since the beginning of this year.
It started with reducing their products and leaving some parts of their store blank.
Then the prices went up and the trip to big-c was not worth doing it.
Since about 8 months, their discounted products were less available and not worth the price.
Today, I was in Terminal 21 and needed some groceries.
As usual, I went to Big-c.
Everything was rearranged again and the fresh products department was as big as a 7/11 store.
Not many people buying there anymore.
When I went to the cashiers, I could not believe what I saw.
The cashiers were reduced to 3 cashiers line and the customers were lining up to 8 people.
I left my cart at the place and walked away from Big-c.
That was the end of Big-C for me.

Whenever we stay at the Grande Centre Point Hotel at Terminal 21 I always noticed how decrepit that Big C looked.

Definitely a lot of better choices available.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The quality of the stores seems to be very manager reliant.

We use 3 different Makros, Patong (our home branch), Phuket town and Karon.

Patong is very badly run, frequently out of major/basic lines, dirty and smelly but our nearest and most convenient. Only saved by a few good staff that once "befriended" are very helpful.

Phuket town has the best range and availability due to it being much larger.

Karon is well run, clean, reliable range that has never failed me on stock.

BigC has become more pricey, our one, Patong, is also poorly run.

Like I said in a post the other day....I don't understand how Big C makes a profit?

They always have a handful of customers, but huge stores and fully stocked........At least the ones I have been to.....Maybe a "Money Laundering" Oufit??

This is the Samui Outlet....At least they had the good sense to put their store upstairs and rent out the lower floor to the less intelligent "Entrepreneneurs"....:thumbsup:

image.jpeg.940ab1e1497eeb8c56ac8b87e777b95c.jpeg

Edited by Troy Tempest

16 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Big-c outlet near Terminal 21 was going down the gutter since the beginning of this year.
It started with reducing their products and leaving some parts of their store blank.
Since about 8 months, their discounted products were less available and not worth the price.
Everything was rearranged again and the fresh products department was as big as a 7/11 store.
The cashiers were reduced to 3 cashiers line and the customers were lining up to 8 people.

Big C In Nong Khai is going down the Same Road......Getting More Expensive & LESS Products to buy,Just the Same Same Old Crap on the Shelves !!

Edited by 747man
More Added

They closed the Big C in our small town and changed it into a Big C depot like a Makro but crap!

and no customers, they did far better in terms of numbers of customers operating as a Big C supermarket.

Seems to me that most Big C outlets are poorly managed; stock control just one area of concern but it's no surpise to me as having lived here for 16 years i have yet to find any Business well managed .   When Thai's get to managerial status they appear to act like some kind of God, hardly ever 'at work' and more likely to be on the Golf Course or out with the Mia Noi.    When they do pop into 'work' nobody dare say anything or make any suggestions on how to improve all the glaring shortcomings.    Nothing is likely to change in my next 16 years !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pookett said:

The quality of the stores seems to be very manager reliant.

We use 3 different Makros, Patong (our home branch), Phuket town and Karon.

Patong is very badly run, frequently out of major/basic lines, dirty and smelly but our nearest and most convenient. Only saved by a few good staff that once "befriended" are very helpful.

Phuket town has the best range and availability due to it being much larger.

Karon is well run, clean, reliable range that has never failed me on stock.

BigC has become more pricey, our one, Patong, is also poorly run.

While most of the outlet stores can blame Covid for their difficulties, big-c seems to be causing their own demise.

Long before Covid they got rid of their fine meat (salami, etc) department.

The same with many other departments.

But cutting the amount of available cashiers was the final drop for me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Confuscious said:

The cashiers were reduced to 3 cashiers line and the customers were lining up to 8 people

seems like the scene at every 7-11 and Lotus express by me.....a huge line and 5 staff standing behind the counter looking at me like im crazy with 1 register open the sign on the other 2

1 hour ago, Myran said:

I was just there and all the employees would talk about was your departure. They're absolutely devastated.

Let me guess.....

You are the stand-up comedian in service and try to make everybody laugh with your stupid joke from the barstool somewhere in Pattaya?

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, brianburi said:

unlikely... they sold up and pulled out of LOS months ago.........   Try to keep up

Us Brits know it as Tesco, a touch of home........????

Tesco sold their "share" in Lotus, ol' chap...????

21 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Let me guess.....

You are the stand-up comedian in service and try to make everybody laugh with your stupid joke from the barstool somewhere in Pattaya?

Ooof, 3 out of 3 incorrect. Now I'm starting to think Big C might be better off without you.

On 8/3/2023 at 9:00 PM, Confuscious said:

Big C will miss you so much:cheesy:

7 hours ago, Confuscious said:

While most of the outlet stores can blame Covid for their difficulties, big-c seems to be causing their own demise.

Nonsense, it's all in your head. My local Big C is as busy as ever. They don't really need salami buyers to survive.

I never liked that BigC.  Cheaper at Makco, and (when they were there) Krang Plaza. I still go to Makco when in Korat but since they opened a big Hokkey in Phimai I don't have a need to go into the city. I think there is so much competition now with smaller stores the old brick and mortars are having troubles.