Thai deodorants.

up2you2

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

isn't it the aluminium that makes your shirt underarm go yellow ?  as I have some.  And it's impossible to remove.

AFAIK aluminium salts are all colorless, it is probably organic components in the deodorant that causes a yellow coloration.

I get the same effect on my shirt collars with sunblock, which does not contain aluminium.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

AFAIK aluminium salts are all colorless, it is probably organic components in the deodorant that causes a yellow coloration.

I get the same effect on my shirt collars with sunblock, which does not contain aluminium.

If you are sick of unsightly yellow stains, it might be worth switching your anti-perspirant to a natural deodorant. These yellow stains are often caused by a chemical reaction between your sweat and the aluminium in your anti-perspirant, which causes your sweat to turn yellow and stick to your clothes.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

isn't it the aluminium that makes your shirt underarm go yellow ?  as I have some.  And it's impossible to remove.

Hard to believe adults need to be told how to use deodorant or how to wash their clothes.

image.png.482afa3baecfd7588ad71983bf308be2.png

image.png.118889a721636a32f582df2f77ba1f67.png

image.png.76fbbafd77d3e6080c3ba04af9bd0c39.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

If you are sick of unsightly yellow stains, it might be worth switching your anti-perspirant to a natural deodorant. These yellow stains are often caused by a chemical reaction between your sweat and the aluminium in your anti-perspirant, which causes your sweat to turn yellow and stick to your clothes.

There are organic compounds in sweat. A proper test of the hypothesis would involve using antiperspirant on one armpit, and not the other, then observing if there is a difference.

When I read these types of assertions that have no authoritative link or reference, I question it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Hard to believe adults need to be told how to use deodorant or how to wash their clothes.

NONSENSE & garbage .. ..... you just copy paste from what you read ......

ZERO PROOF   !!!

I've tried this and it doesn't work ...     I've tried bi-carb and vinegar, I've tried Vanish , I've tried soaking, I've tried lime juice,  I've tried scrubbing with every product ....  I bought some small bottle stuff from the UK and it worked a little ....  but the bottle only did 4-6 shirts.    haha

image.png.1ed3c42f3051b4e2de4008214ee086e9.png

Edited by steven100

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Seems to me Nivea assumes everyone showers before they go to bed. AFAIK most people in Australia shower in the morning before going to work or school.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hard to believe you just copy paste and believe it is true.

It is from Nivea .. there's that of course.

So nothing on the internet is true ... got it.

So I'll copy and paste the below ... it's probably not true ????

"  I've tried this and it doesn't work ...     I've tried bi-carb and vinegar, I've tried Vanish , I've tried soaking, I've tried lime juice,  I've tried scrubbing with every product ....  I bought some small bottle stuff from the UK and it worked a little ....  but the bottle only did 4-6 shirts.    haha"

You're probably correct, and probably not true.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Hard to believe adults need to be told how to use deodorant or how to wash their clothes

Hard to believe you feel adults don't know how to wash their clothes,  and you think they need to be told to use a deodorant

are you smoking something ...  haha

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

There’s a certain subset of guys that like being nagged to do it. Like a mother figure telling you to clean your room, go potty, or whatever.

I have seen these types in real life and find them pretty repulsive. Look for guys that are real unkept or acting kind of dorky and not very mature. They rarely act serious, are usually outgoing, vocal and loud and just seem like slobs basically. Kind of like a Homer Simpson.

• Haha 1

G7

The answer is right in front of us. G7. The seventh letter of the alphabet. G, What has this got to do with smelling nice? Well 'G' is for three essentials. Garlic, ginseng and ginger. Use these and you will never have any worries. No problem getting the ladies either.

Ditch the chemical stuff. Get into natural like nature intended. G7!! You know it makes sense.

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

EXIT Ultra Blue about half the price of Nivea and works as good or better.  Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the same production line.

Deodorant should be applied in the evening, after shower/before sleep, in case you didn't know.

image.png.a8c74d597caf4edf24c8c85078cfc473.png

Edited by XB12X
This is my choice, too.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

G7

The answer is right in front of us. G7. The seventh letter of the alphabet. G, What has this got to do with smelling nice? Well 'G' is for three essentials. Garlic, ginseng and ginger. Use these and you will never have any worries. No problem getting the ladies either.

Ditch the chemical stuff. Get into natural like nature intended. G7!! You know it makes sense.

How much ginseng, Owl? I wouldn't want to get toooo horny.

15 hours ago, NextG said:

Do you apply water to the stick before the application?

I think you misunderstand the product. It’s anti-bacterial and will have a cumulative effect over time. But you need to wet the stick and apply it after you shower. 

A better way is to apply it after shower and BEFORE you wipe your armpits dry. If you wet the stick directly it will dissolve faster and might break

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I use an Alum stick, they are cheap and last 6-12 months+

Check out Deodorant stick (Alum)!฿150.00 only!Get it on Lazada now! | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.9GiIJ

Probably will be able to find cheaper options

I use an alum stick as well. Other big brand deodorants (with antiperspirant function) often contain aluminium and from my understanding this can be a cause for cancer.

I prefer showering every time I go out wearing a fresh shirt each time. No need for deodorant. 
Nothing worse than passing a sweaty tourist wearing a 100B fake designer shirt he bought 2 days ago, still wearing it, uses loads of deodorant to mask the smell of new shirt chemical and BO. The combo is like a wmd (weapon of mass deterrent). One reason Thais don’t like non-Thais, many of my Thai friends here often talk about it. 

• Love It 1

18 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Not a fan of the anti-antiperspirant's myself... they don't work very good.

They work much better than B O 

But you do need to use SOAP and water first

Edited by Grumpy one
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

They work much better than B O 

But you do need to use SOAP and water first

Surely an anti-antiperspirant (as the OP mentioned) is counter productive to combatting BO... might as well use nothing.

47 minutes ago, wolf81 said:

I use an alum stick as well. Other big brand deodorants (with antiperspirant function) often contain aluminium and from my understanding this can be a cause for cancer.

Does the Alum stick which you use not contain aluminium?

I seem to remember that trumpet players rubbed alum on their lips to strengthen them.

Edited by KannikaP