Thai deodorants.

up2you2

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I try and bring as many as I can from the UK on my bianual trips.. 

150ml Rexona in Thailand is about B 163 / £3.70....  [B108/100ml]

250ml Sure (UK brand for Rexona) in the UK is £1.99 / B 88... [B34/100ml]

The deodorant in Thailand is 3x more expensive and I go through a lot as I do plenty of sport and shower 2-3 times on most days.. I bring about 10 tins back with me from the UK on each visit. 

Recently I switched to using the womens Rexona simply because I'm cheap and object to paying more for the mens one for ultimately the same product. 

Worthy of a thread: Hardly, but the additional expense of deodorant here is something that has always struck me as strange, particularly for a very warm and humid nation.

Personally I find it quite offensive those people who stink out the changing rooms with their ‘deodorant’ sprays. 
Perspiring is normal. It’s the bacteria that raise a stink. So just eliminate the bacteria; don’t stink the place out with your perfumes ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i guess you could, don't need to though based on my experience 

Actually the instructions on their website. But either way, water is the solvent. So as long as water is involved, it will work. 

deodorants make more need for deodorants.  Easy to dust armpit with bicarbonate of soda. For parfum buy a nice one. Or not. Bicarb works real. And no aluminium (Aluminum for a few )

Edited by RanongCat
Extra extra
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, up2you2 said:

I have been using Boots anti-antiperspirant here in Thailand.
Seemingly it is no longer going to be available.
I would be interested to hear from others, as to what their preferences are, ideally ones that work and don 't cost a lot.

Nivea for men silver protect.  It's pretty good as far as stopping sweat or smell.  It doesn't leave masses of residue on clothes, but it can have a build up over time.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whoever reacted to my post with a confused face - name yourself.

Do you just not want to believe that there are anti-perspirant sticks that are harmful? Go research it yourself, dummy.

Your entire world view regarding anti-perspirant sticks got shattered and now you're going through the stages of grief, and right now you are in denial. You are in denial that countless peer researched studies exist that show that aluminum based sticks should be avoided forever.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Confused 7
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

If you actually looked at the products featured here, you might note that the specifically exclude Aluminium Chlorohydrate. 
Best you take note before scaremongering. 

Yeah the silver based ones are apparently OK to use - those seem newer and don't actually block sweat gland pores.

The aluminum based ones though need to be avoided. 

• Confused 6

19 minutes ago, Myran said:

That's alum and it works amazingly well (coming from someone who stinks like an Indian curry shop). You need to wet it before applying (or apply to a wet armpit). It's pretty much the only deodorant I've found that actually works for me.

the other good thing about these alum sticks is they seem to last for ever

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Whoever reacted to my post with a confused face - name yourself.

Do you just not want to believe that there are anti-perspirant sticks that are harmful? Go research it yourself, dummy.

Your entire world view regarding anti-perspirant sticks got shattered and now you're going through the stages of grief, and right now you are in denial. You are in denial that countless peer researched studies exist that show that aluminum based sticks should be avoided forever.

I have similar reaction to my post.  Non beleive  bicarb of soda works? Is cheap and harmless. My wife allergic to many thing. Now she use  dry powder bicarb. I use a sprayer of bicarb an water. Both work so well.

And ALUM stick is salts of aluminium ! Dementia Stick ?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-lm&q=Baking+soda+as+a+antiodorant

Edited by RanongCat
prove
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

I have similar reaction to my post.  Non beleive  bicarb of soda works? Is cheap and harmless. My wife allergic to many thing. Now she use  dry powder bicarb. I use a sprayer of bicarb an water. Both work so well.

And ALUM stick is salts of aluminium ! Dementia Stick ?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-lm&q=Baking+soda+as+a+antiodorant

It works but how long does it last?

I just use old spice stick deodorant. Smells good, and doesn't have any aluminum ????????

I prefer deodorant only to antiperspirant .... I think trying to stop sweat is a challenge in Thailand (and possibly inadvisable?), but stopping odour is my key aim.  

Boots currently have a clearance offer on Ted Baker deodorant.

1 minute ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

It works but how long does it last?

I just use old spice stick deodorant. Smells good, and doesn't have any aluminum ????????

24 hour up ! An after use a few days no problem to forget a day or some. If get a bit itch water down and dry off. I spray straight from shower beforew hole  drying body.

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

EXIT Ultra Blue about half the price of Nivea and works as good or better.  Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the same production line.

Deodorant should be applied in the evening, after shower/before sleep, in case you didn't know.

image.png.a8c74d597caf4edf24c8c85078cfc473.png

Why? I use deodorant after showering in the morning.

I would have thought it's preferable to avoid being smelly during the day.

In any case, people do a lot of farting while they sleep, which tends to defeat the purpose of deodorant.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

I once bought a deodorant that smelled like a buffalo dung,  i hated it but my Issan GF loved it.

Water buffalo dung? Or north American buffalo dung? I hate to ask, but how do you know what buffalo dung smells like?