Thai deodorants.

up2you2

18 hours ago, NextG said:

They are probably running stocks down. It has disappeared off the shelves here, and wasn't on the shelves in the UK either last time I was there.

I don't know why, maybe trends, but a lot of these deodorants, antiperspirants seem to come and go. Sanex was one.

Rexon here seems to be the same as Sure in the UK. Has the same blue tick on the spray can, but seems to be smaller here.

Nivea Black and White is OK.

19 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Not a fan of the anti-antiperspirant's myself... they don't work very good.

Goodness me, of course they work.

Some foreigners walking around in bkk, in the malls and on trains obviously not using deadorant, oblivious to and leaving a wafting trail of stink behind themselves.

Edited by freeworld
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

I can recommend one that you SHOULDN'T buy:

https://www.deoklear.com

This Thai stick deodorant is the first deodorant that I have ever bought that simply cannot be applied. It's just a solid block of something that just doesn't go on. They really need to rework their formula.

You are supposed to wet the area first before it is applied or wet the top of the alum deodorant stick.

Edited by freeworld
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, freeworld said:

Yuck, should be shower before going to bed.

What's the life of a deodorant, 8 hours? You get up and mix with other people during the day, with body odor getting worse as time passes. Yuck indeed.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Deodorant should be applied in the evening, after shower/before sleep, in case you didn't know.

19 hours ago, NextG said:

Then your assertion that deodorant should only be worn in the evening ????????‍♂️

Read Khun's post again. Key word "applied". 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, freeworld said:

Yuck, should be shower before going to bed.

I shower before bed. I don’t want to get the sheet dirty from the sweat of the day. For some reason though I don’t need deodorant before bed. I never smell in bed.

Oh yeah, can you help me find a deodorant? I can’t find one and don’t know which kind to buy. Please help me, sir.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I use an Alum stick, they are cheap and last 6-12 months+

Check out Deodorant stick (Alum)!฿150.00 only!Get it on Lazada now! | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.9GiIJ

Probably will be able to find cheaper options

Totally agree, though 150 baht is about 3 times what I pay at the local pharmacy....My inlaws used to just buy checks of potassium alum and use that....much better than all the chemical crap. 

2 hours ago, freeworld said:

Goodness me, of course they work.

Some foreigners walking around in bkk, in the malls and on trains obviously not using deadorant, oblivious to and leaving a wafting trail of stink behind themselves.

An anti-antiperspirant works ?

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

EXIT Ultra Blue about half the price of Nivea and works as good or better.  Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the same production line.

Deodorant should be applied in the evening, after shower/before sleep, in case you didn't know.

image.png.a8c74d597caf4edf24c8c85078cfc473.png

Can you use KY to insert them?

Edited by Ben Zioner

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

NONSENSE & garbage .. ..... you just copy paste from what you read ......

ZERO PROOF   !!!

I've tried this and it doesn't work ...     I've tried bi-carb and vinegar, I've tried Vanish , I've tried soaking, I've tried lime juice,  I've tried scrubbing with every product ....  I bought some small bottle stuff from the UK and it worked a little ....  but the bottle only did 4-6 shirts.    haha

image.png.1ed3c42f3051b4e2de4008214ee086e9.png

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

It is from Nivea .. there's that of course.

So nothing on the internet is true ... got it.

So I'll copy and paste the below ... it's probably not true ????

"  I've tried this and it doesn't work ...     I've tried bi-carb and vinegar, I've tried Vanish , I've tried soaking, I've tried lime juice,  I've tried scrubbing with every product ....  I bought some small bottle stuff from the UK and it worked a little ....  but the bottle only did 4-6 shirts.    haha"

You're probably correct, and probably not true.

Very stubborn stain to remove.

Pro Launderers would usually attempt to  use a steam gun or ammonia.

Once built up, I can attest, the only recourse is usually a new shirt.

• Thanks 1

PLease let USA men know that copying BW in his action movies isnt cool! Nobody should have sweat soaked armpits in this day and age, Anti pers, deo or at least talc to keep them dry, plus, while in Thailand, getting out of bed in the morning and going out after having only a shower the night before, is also not cool. At least 3 showers a day, will keep you fresh, cleaner and better company!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

PLease let USA men know that copying BW in his action movies isnt cool! Nobody should have sweat soaked armpits in this day and age, Anti pers, deo or at least talc to keep them dry, plus, while in Thailand, getting out of bed in the morning and going out after having only a shower the night before, is also not cool. At least 3 showers a day, will keep you fresh, cleaner and better company!

I shower about every other day. All this washing destroys the bodies natural oils. It washes huge amounts of rubbish chemicals into the waste water system unnecessarily in the shapes of shampoo, gel, soap whatever. Just money for old rope in the pharmacies. People scream about big pharma and pandemics. Look in your local pharmacy or supermarket. It's 99% chemical crxp. The beauty industry. Complete rubbish. Vanity of vanities. All is vanity!

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I shower about every other day. All this washing destroys the bodies natural oils. It washes huge amounts of rubbish chemicals into the waste water system unnecessarily in the shapes of shampoo, gel, soap whatever. Just money for old rope in the pharmacies. People scream about big pharma and pandemics. Look in your local pharmacy or supermarket. It's 99% chemical crxp. The beauty industry. Complete rubbish. Vanity of vanities. All is vanity!

Have a quiet word with your friends ask them if you stink

• Like 2

I have been here a very long time and it is amusing to see this topic pop up every few years.  It is in the same league as the perenial "are you gay if you have sex with a ladyboy" and "should I lend my GF money" threads.

This is what I do.  It is safe, environmentally friendly (no spray or gasses to harm the ozone) the cheapest option, and it gives you the greatest degree of flexibility on how you smell.

Go to any old school Thai mom and pop store.  Ask if they sell "san som".  Motion like you are putting deodorant under your arms when you ask this.

San som is a large clear aluminium oxide crystal.  It looks just like a large rough piece of ice.  It is also the active ingredient in all anti perspirants.  It is getting harder to buy now....but it is still available...just go store to store until you find it.

Last time I bought a bag was about five years ago....it cost me 20 baht....and I still have about half of the crystals remaining.  

The bags are probably by the kilo I think.  The last one I bought had five or six big crystals each a bit smaller than my fist.

Rat through the bags of san som to find one that does not have a lot of little broken pieces in it.  You want just a couple of good big blocks.

After you shower and your pit is still damp you just rub under your arm with a crystal.  I keep one in a double soap dish (next to my soap) in the shower.  After a few days the crystal with wear smooth to the contours of your arm.  Take care not to drop the crystal because it will shatter into smaller shards, which can still be used, but not as convenient as a nice hand sized block.

After you have dried off you then just spray your favourite cologne under your arms as well and on your body.

The aluminium oxide stops you from sweating and your cologne gives you the smell that you like....and you can apply as much or as little of your cologne as you like.

I also have fun trying new scents that I buy if I travel to countries or more recently that I buy online.  I have just found a very nice smelling and remarkably cheap cologne and am now using that as well as my oxide crystal.

I should just mention that if you do not drop and break the crystal it will last indefinitely. 

In fact I have never used one up entirely, they always meet their demise humpty dumpty style.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Like 2