EV and parkings

24 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Ultracrepidarian is a new word for me, thanks.

Your hypothesis depends on whether EV zealots have any interest in ICE threads. Maybe they prefer the cachet of exclusivity, plenty of cults in America to attest to that.

"reserve is true'? tut tut.

You failed to address my main point:

Why those who don’t own an EV are so obsessed with telling those of us who do, how rubbish EVs are?

Before you accuse EV owners of

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

spurious virtue signalling

Remember that ICE cars spew a toxic cocktail into the air for others to breathe.

I charge from home solar, even if that means being flexible about when I drive the car.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I charge from solar.

I think most of us/AN members, in THs are.   Somehow that hasn't clicked, as they tell us we're part of the problem ????

Hypocrisy - the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

First service for my MG4 yesterday, less than an hour and free.

I told them I would have an MG4 X-Power when they get them. Lady sales manager says it is coming, she didn’t ask for a deposit, in my experience the staff at MG have more product knowledge about banana’s than their own cars.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I think most of us/AN members, in THs are.   Somehow that hasn't clicked, as they tell us we're part of the problem ????

Hypocrisy - the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

You have reliable statistics of EV owners charging from renewable energy, against those getting their electricity from a fossil-fuelled power station?

On 8/8/2023 at 9:55 AM, KhunLA said:

Can't say the same about fossil fuel using machines.

when you say fossil fuels, you mean fossil fuels right?
"natural gas, which in 2018 generated 65% of Thailand's electricity. Coal-fired plants produce an additional 20%"-wiki
????

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

I charge from solar.

Just curious
do you charge your car in daylight hours when the solar is producing electricity
or
do you charge your car at evening/night time like most EV owners do
and then use your solar to spin back your meter in the daytime?
how do you charge it if on a trip?

not many with solar here are off-grid.
most people have jobs etc and would be using their car during the day.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, patman30 said:

when you say fossil fuels, you mean fossil fuels right?
"natural gas, which in 2018 generated 65% of Thailand's electricity. Coal-fired plants produce an additional 20%"-wiki
????

What is it with the reading comprehension of members ... suggest you reread my post.   

Hint: ... 'my machines'

11 minutes ago, patman30 said:

Just curious
do you charge your car in daylight hours when the solar is producing electricity
or
do you charge your car at evening/night time like most EV owners do
and then use your solar to spin back your meter in the daytime?
how do you charge it if on a trip?

not many with solar here are off-grid.
most people have jobs etc and would be using their car during the day.

We have a very weak grid connection, I can't charge more than 2Kw at night, so I choose to charge it during the day at 5.3Kw

I commute every 2-3 weeks to Chiang <ai where my daughters go to University, we have a 7.2Kw charging point there but it's not solar.

I have only ever charged on one trip at any other public or private CS, obviously that is not solar either.

90% of my charging is from my solar system during the day here in Chiang Rai.

I didn't buy EV's or Solar for the greenness they may have, it's purely economic for solar and mostly pleasure for EV, I love the way they drive.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I didn't buy EV's or Solar for the greenness they may have, it's purely economic for solar and mostly pleasure for EV, I love the way they drive.

yep ... savings savings and .... savings.  No trips to petrol station, minimal to dealer for check ups, and they are fast.  Last time, done before I finished my coffee ????

That we don't contribute to the local air pollution is a plus, as I hate being behind ICEV spewing their vile exhaust when on the scooter.

That the govt & grid are at the control of fossil fuel corporations is out of my control.  What I can control, I do, and try to be as eco friendly as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Show me where I have said EV cars are rubbish, please

How about this post of yours linking to article that claimed that airtight sealed EV batteries would spontaneous combust if the car comes into contact with salt water. 

IMG_0409.jpeg.eaf771d96ef8a2378504077e841de9dd.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

How about this post of yours linking to article that claimed that airtight sealed EV batteries would spontaneous combust if the car comes into contact with salt water. 

Strange how some of you EV owners fear questions regarding them, I wouldn't fear questions regarding any of my petrol cars, even the one with a 1000psi gas bottle in the boot.........????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

You use the word rubbish in your response, I don't.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

You use the word rubbish in your response, I don't.

Hmmm, yes, well, I suppose EV owner deniers are now on the back foot not being able to really answer any sensible questions put to them.......????

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Hmmm, yes, well, I suppose EV owner deniers are now on the back foot not being able to really answer any sensible questions put to them.......????

They claim to want an open-minded discussion, as long as it is in positive terms only. One hand clapping.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

No I only smoke the anti-EV’ers silly arguments

I don't have an EV, but I would like to know if they are sold with a portable electric generator on diesel or do you need to buy it yourself,?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

No I only smoke the anti-EV’ers silly arguments

Who are the anti-EV-ers, I see blokes asking questions and putting points forward, it seems you don't like facing questions and go down the anti-rout.

How many times have I said we will ALL be driving electric cars in the future...????

37 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

They claim to want an open-minded discussion, as long as it is in positive terms only. One hand clapping.

I have already proved that you are happy to post fact-free links bashing EVs. 

If you could stick to the facts instead of the FUD we could have a discussion.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bandersnatch said:

I have already proved that you are happy to post fact-free links bashing EVs. 

If you could stick to the facts instead of the FUD we could have a discussion.

Oh, no you couldn't....................:whistling:

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

don't have an EV, but I would like to know if they are sold with a portable electric generator on diesel or do you need to buy it yourself,?

EVs are starting to be sold with solar panels attached so you don’t have to use the ones attached to your house.

IMG_1538.jpeg.10c39992f9334445837ec38e03aac05d.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1