Question Regarding 90 Day Report and New Passport

23 hours ago, mokwit said:

They have the passport number as a requirement.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/#

The online service do NOT support if:
– There have been a change of new passport.
The foreigner have to make the notification in person or authorizes another person to make the notification at the immigration office located in the locality in which the foreigner have taken residence. After that, the foreigner can make the next 90 days notification by online service.

Having a passport number on the TM30 doesn't make it from the passport holder or mean the TM30 and TM47 are linked in the database. The TM30 in my passport was done long before any 90 day online system. If you want to believe they dug out all old TM30s and fed them into the system that is up to you, but it wouldn't make it true.

Ref your link, yes indeed. I suggested in another post why the online system wouldn't work with a new passport obtained in Thailand.

15 hours ago, sandyf said:

Having a passport number on the TM30 doesn't make it from the passport holder or mean the TM30 and TM47 are linked in the database. The TM30 in my passport was done long before any 90 day online system. If you want to believe they dug out all old TM30s and fed them into the system that is up to you, but it wouldn't make it true.

Are you filing TM47 online, and were you able to do so without first doing it in person?

Edited by mokwit

On 8/11/2023 at 5:01 PM, sandyf said:

As far as the online system is concerned I would be surprised if it cross checks the passport numbers against TM30s. It is not out of the question but a questionable exercise in database linking and TM30s are not actually from the passport holder.

There have been recent reports on here of people having their online TM47 rejected due to no TM30 on file. This is very recent, months not years and coincides with CW getting excruciatingly pedantic about TM30 amongst other things* and TM30's being needed for literally everything now before they will proceed (some posters it seems have special exemption but that seems not to be the majority experience).

*e.g. having to show your bank book to change passports at L section if on 800k method.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

What did they ask for when you went? I have to go to CW and do an in person 90 day report for new passport soon. 

No requirement for a new TM30, and 90 day same as usual, just told me to make copies of all pages of old passport and new passport for next extension, then no need for the old passport after that point. This was at Nonthaburi IO.

Edited by lordgrinz
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 10:18 PM, DrJack54 said:

The TM30 has nothing to do with with op situation or TM47 

DrJack I hope you don't mind if I tell you something for your own good. Feel free to ignore me or insult me even. You have a great knowledge of things related to Imm, but unfortunately from a very narrow perspective which is your own IO. Thailand is a bit bigger than Bangkok. When you post curt and authoritative statements like the above, you may mislead more junior readers. Sorry, but TM30 is often required, recently, to process a 90 day report aka TM47, e.g. in Chiang Mai. Yes yes I know CM is a rogue IO that you despise, yet a lot of us live here and have experiences different from yours.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

. Sorry, but TM30 is often required, recently, to process a 90 day report aka TM47, e.g. in Chiang Mai.

Indeed.

There are approx 75 immigration offices in Thailand.

Read the OP.

It is CW specific.

CM is off the chats regarding TM30.

They have ave ignored changes to TM30 made in June 2020.

There are always immigration offices playing their own game.

For example Jomtien wanting 800k in bank for 2 months prior to application for a non O from visa exempt or TV.

When in fact only required on day of application 

Another rogue office. 

Folk are always advised to check with own immigration office as indeed there is no set rule book in Thailand. 

On 8/11/2023 at 4:35 PM, DrJack54 said:

Been in Thailand 10 years on non O extensions retirement.

10 years and you still can't get the terminology correct?

You are getting extensions of stay based on being over 50, your initial Non-O has nothing to do with that,(now after 10 years)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:44 PM, DrJack54 said:

Whatever.

I'm dealing with CW .

I did not provide TM30 when I had stamps and visa info transfered.

Along with all the other things I mentioned in earlier post.

COR, TDL, annual EXTENSIONS etc

Very strange, because CW is very pedantic about TM30's being filed, I wonder why they singled just you out to be lenient with?

On 9/6/2023 at 10:45 AM, bigt3116 said:

You are getting extensions of stay based on being over 50, your initial Non-O has nothing to do with that,(now after 10 years)

The Non O is relevant to a temporary extension of stay application based on retirement.
Being 50+ is only one requirement, the other is initially having a Non Immigrant type visa, which grants you Non Immigrant status, as opposed to a Tourist.
The TM7 form specifically requires you to note your 'Type of Visa' for a reason.

The letter 'O' on a Non Immigrant visa stands for 'Other'.
It merely depicts you entered or intend to stay in Thailand for activities not listed under 1-14 of section 34 of the Immigration Act.

Edited by Liquorice