Pattaya Business Community Expresses Concerns Over Alcohol Consumption at Jomtien Beach

snoop1130

S__226091014-768x433-1-696x392.jpg

The Pattaya Business and Tourism Association (PBTA) has expressed concern over the uncontrolled alcohol consumption at Jomtien Beach, which has led to several issues.

In an interview with local media on August 10th, 2023, the PBTA president, Mr. Bunanan Pattanasin, said that the excessive drinking at Jomtien Beach has been causing problems for tourists and locals alike. It has led to increased levels of noise and litter, as well as public intoxication, rowdy behavior, and even illegal drug use.

Bunanan went on to say that from Jomtien Beach he has received several complaints regarding firecracker usage, loud music, and some traders reportedly selling alcoholic beverages illegally and even narcotics.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/10/pattaya-business-community-expresses-concerns-over-alcohol-consumption-at-jomtien-beach-suggest-overnight-closing/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-08-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

Yup. I walk it in the mornings and they're still there.

And trust me when I say it's not just booze, drug use is no doubt rampant.

How else are they staying up all night?

Many are still around at 8 am.

I've heard of youthful energy, but this is ridiculous.

And the police cars with their red lights on drive by. That's tellin em!

Thailand is trying to get as many tourists as possible into Thailand to get some cash. You folk are the hosts of these tourists. Stop moaning and complaining and enjoy the fact that they have chosen your country to party in. I'd they are making too much noise for you, move house. And Jomtien should hire an army of cleaners to clear up the rubbish early each morning to keep the beach pristine. Finally put some toilets nearby so they don't poo in the sea.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, retarius said:

You folk are the hosts of these tourists.

Well not really.......

I expect a beachfront hotel would be unhappy that their guests get this yards from their balcony. Perhaps some dedicated zoning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Thailand is trying to get as many tourists as possible into Thailand to get some cash. You folk are the hosts of these tourists. Stop moaning and complaining and enjoy the fact that they have chosen your country to party in. I'd they are making too much noise for you, move house. And Jomtien should hire an army of cleaners to clear up the rubbish early each morning to keep the beach pristine. Finally put some toilets nearby so they don't poo in the sea.

They are not tourists , they are Thais and contrary to  what some are saying here this has not been "going on for years" at this particular beach. I lived just up the road here about 3 years ago. There was some beach parking parties but it was not so many and loud all night. What's going on is there is major increase and counting in the Thai population here. See related Pattaya beach noise topic here. Screenshot_2023-08-11-08-23-15-60.thumb.jpg.843b9322911c11b0c5c136f3534f8106.jpg

Edited by morrobay
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

Yup. I walk it in the mornings and they're still there.

And trust me when I say it's not just booze, drug use is no doubt rampant.

How else are they staying up all night?

Many are still around at 8 am.

I've heard of youthful energy, but this is ridiculous.

And the police cars with their red lights on drive by. That's tellin em!

They probably sleep during daytime hence they can stay awake nighttime.