Multiple entry tourist visa.

I am in the process of applying for a METV. In the supporting documents section of the E-visa application, I am not sure about #4

4 . Travel booking confirmation (of the first visit) 

I normally buy return tickets, but from BKK to Denmark, which means that when I come to BKK, the ticket is used. I was going to buy a cheap ticket to SGP or some other cheap destination, just for the application, but now I wonder if it is even neccesary. When asked for booking confirmation of the first visit, it does not sound like a ticket out of Thailand is needed. Perhaps because it is a multiple entry visa?

Anyone can help me out?

47 minutes ago, 7euner said:

I am in the process of applying for a METV. In the supporting documents section of the E-visa application, I am not sure about #4

I normally buy return tickets, but from BKK to Denmark, which means that when I come to BKK, the ticket is used. I was going to buy a cheap ticket to SGP or some other cheap destination, just for the application, but now I wonder if it is even neccesary. When asked for booking confirmation of the first visit, it does not sound like a ticket out of Thailand is needed. Perhaps because it is a multiple entry visa?

Anyone can help me out?

I just went through similar....my flight departing is from viet nam....they wanted to see my flight departure and i told them i was going overland to viet nam so not flying out of thailand...they said ok and that was that...hassled me to death over lots of other stuff as would not accept screen shots etc and did not like the pics of myself that i attached etc ,,also wanted to see confirmation of every hotel for 60 days which of course is absurd as i want to travel around an stay here and there ....finallyt...went on agod and booked a hotel that did not require payment...sent them that confirmation and will now cancel it....all took  two weeks and more BS than can imagine but finally got approved...good luck...

• Thumbs Up 1

OP can buy a throwaway bargain ticket for simplicity of not having to clarify overland route during the application which may get a different reponse in a different country to the poster above.

I wonder the eject rate for METV applications world-wide for those that cannot get over the niggly absurd details with no forum or YT vid walkthroughs..it really is a mess for a newbie applying when they hit thee quirky humps with no tabs where you can tick/check 'not applicable' on some questions.

4 hours ago, 7euner said:

Anyone can help me out?

I concatenated a pdf of both my arriving and departing tickets and uploaded in both #4 travel booking confirmation and flight confirmation document item. Worked fine for my SETV. Issued in less than a week. I think you'd be fine just uploading an itinerary for the ticket out for the #4 item. From me they did request a ticket out of Thailand.  If they want additional docs or a correction you generally will get an email requesting the extra information. As said above if they request additional documents or info you could make an explanation in the email reply .. for instance.. if you will be traveling out of Thailand via land etc..  Or, if one perhaps plans on getting a Non O visa and doesn't plan to leave. Worth a try.. although I have had the best luck just giving them what they request no matter what my actual plans are. I've obtained a SETV 3 times in the last year or so.

Edited by likerdup1

4 hours ago, pomchop said:

,,also wanted to see confirmation of every hotel for 60 days which of course is absurd as i want to travel around an stay here and there ....finally...went on agoda and booked a hotel that did not require payment...sent them that confirmation and will now cancel it....all took  two weeks and more BS than can imagine but finally got approved...good luck...

The original reason for the creation of the 180-days METV was to cater for tourists that wanted to explore South-East Asia and use Thailand as their 'base'.  Hence every METV entry during it's validity was limited to 60 days, after which you had to apply for a one-time 30 day extension or exit the country. 

So it is indeed absolutely ridiculous that the Thai Embassy/Consulate where you apply for that METV requires a fully overview of all hotels you would be staying during the first 60 days given that the main reason for that Visa was to explore Thailand and surrounding countries.

As @pomchop did, to meet that ridiculous additional requirement demanded by a  no-brainer Thai Embassy/Consulate, you could book an on-line 60-day reservation at a Hotel which has a free cancellation policy, and once your METV is approved cancel that reservation.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

The original reason for the creation of the 180-days METV was to cater for tourists that wanted to explore South-East Asia and use Thailand as their 'base'.  Hence every METV entry during it's validity was limited to 60 days, after which you had to apply for a one-time 30 day extension or exit the country. 

So it is indeed absolutely ridiculous that the Thai Embassy/Consulate where you apply for that METV requires a fully overview of all hotels you would be staying during the first 60 days given that the main reason for that Visa was to explore Thailand and surrounding countries.

As @pomchop did, to meet that ridiculous additional requirement demanded by a  no-brainer Thai Embassy/Consulate, you could book an on-line 60-day reservation at a Hotel which has a free cancellation policy, and once your METV is approved cancel that reservation.   

Yep what a pain in the butt..i did one last year and if anything it has gotten worse..so absurd that they seemed surprised that i was leaving thailand by land like i was first ever to do that...i did figure out the hotel thing last year after big hassle and booked 90 days no $$ til check in, got the confirmation send them screenshot...they say no screenshots so take a pic with camera of screen and send them that and they say ok though not nearly as clear as screenshot...and the pic of me standing in front of white wall...my wall is white but lightly textured and they would not accept after five attempts...go stand in garage and take a pic not nearly as clear and it works...and of course there is the take  a pic of your passport page showing last year or so....but of course it is not all on one page and requires two pics but they only allow download one pic...

.whoever designed the whole thing is a sadistic SOB...but yet day after day people have to deal with it...i am reasonably ok with computers but some older guy not so inclined would NEVER be able to figure out all the downloads etc...now i have to cancel my agoda booking...can u even imagine if you are traveling all over thailand for 60 days  (u know like a TOURIST applying for a tourist visa might do) that u would have a different booking for couple dozen hotels to give them and how many pics downloads of confirmations that would take....i wonder if the people in the thai embassy have ever been on a trip in their lives but u would think that after a few years of dealing with same questions over and over day after day they might actually say OH so that is how this tourist thing works...wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, freedomnow said:

OP can buy a throwaway bargain ticket for simplicity of not having to clarify overland route during the application which may get a different reponse in a different country to the poster above.

I wonder the eject rate for METV applications world-wide for those that cannot get over the niggly absurd details with no forum or YT vid walkthroughs..it really is a mess for a newbie applying when they hit thee quirky humps with no tabs where you can tick/check 'not applicable' on some questions.

but who wants to BUY a fake ticket...ultimately i told them i am leaving overland and all of a sudden they said oh ok....i think it depends on which clerk handles your application as seems it is up to them and some are easy some are pain in the butt....best advice is to start the process early, take several deep breaths and a valium,  and don't be surprised if u have to go back and forth on several pics or questions til u ultimately get it... 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Thank you all.

I will try to apply without a ticket out of Thailand.

I was under the impression that my application would be rejected, and I would have to start all over again. If they contact me when they need more documents, I might as well try that first.

Thx

1 hour ago, 7euner said:

Thank you all.

I was under the impression that my application would be rejected, and I would have to start all over again. If they contact me when they need more documents, I might as well try that first.

Thx

Not sure if this interests you but there used to be a site where you bought a ticket for around 10 USD. You get a real confirmed flight booking via email that can be checked online by any embassy staff

I think the booking company then cancels the ticket after 48 hours so make your booking as close to your appointment as possible 

Sorry I can't remember the name of the site 

The issue with onward tickets is that most sites only provide a booking with 24-48 hours of validity, after that it gets cancelled.

This may be fine for "proving" an onward flight when checking in for your flight without a visa, and it's probably just about usable for applying for a visa at an embassy. But it's not suitable for an e-visa application that could take several days.

I'm sure somebody will come along and say "who's going to check", but if you have that attitude then there's no need to pay money for an onward ticket at all...

8 hours ago, pomchop said:

but who wants to BUY a fake ticket...

No-one said buy a fake ticket.

Far enough ahead - a real one is same price as 48-hour reserved slots.

Different country different result on no outward ticket.

Then a person can be screwed time-wise over that one detail.

Edited by freedomnow

2 hours ago, travelerjim said:

This question comes up often on Thai Visa Advice forum. Tod Daniels has posted this and if you follow his advice, you will get the METV multiple entry tourist visa.

It's ONLY available in your home country. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/thaivisaadvice/permalink/3671998313124011/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Do you have any link or suggestion that is not farcebook related? 

51 minutes ago, JayClay said:

The issue with onward tickets is that most sites only provide a booking with 24-48 hours of validity, after that it gets cancelled.

This may be fine for "proving" an onward flight when checking in for your flight without a visa, and it's probably just about usable for applying for a visa at an embassy. But it's not suitable for an e-visa application that could take several days.

I'm sure somebody will come along and say "who's going to check", but if you have that attitude then there's no need to pay money for an onward ticket at all...

No one who checks your info for a METV or Tourist visa would actually check if your onward ticket after 60 days is valid. How does one even talk to a human at air Asia or a host of other airlines even if you process the ticket yourself and need help or something???

So I am the person who "came along and said this"  This by the ways is not an " attitude" it's a simple fact. Also there IS a need to pay for an onward ticket because it's a rule. 

9 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

There is a YouTube walkthrough above that, - read the thread !

I DID!!!!!!!! You mentioned a guy on farcebook so maybe you knew one on YouTube yourself!  Now do you get my simple response to you. 

8 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I DID!!!!!!!! You mentioned a guy on farcebook so maybe you knew one on YouTube yourself!  Now do you get my simple response to you. 

If you Google "METV Thailand "

And search limited to "videos" 

It's spits out many results.

I didn't select this one in link because it's good. 

It's just one example and the blogger's name came up earlier

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

No one who checks your info for a METV or Tourist visa would actually check if your onward ticket after 60 days is valid. How does one even talk to a human at air Asia or a host of other airlines even if you process the ticket yourself and need help or something???

So I am the person who "came along and said this"  This by the ways is not an " attitude" it's a simple fact. Also there IS a need to pay for an onward ticket because it's a rule. 

The point I'm making is if you're going to submit a fake ticket there are ways to do that without paying.

I can see the argument for paying for a genuine onward ticket

I can also see an argument for using a fake ticket.

I can't see the argument for paying for a fake ticket.

• Haha 1

Such details should be given by the Thai embassy. But considering how rude some can be in the visa offices abroad, or even the fact that often they don't even answer the phone for visa issues, one has to find the answers and pray it won't be rejected by the chap handling the paperwork at the embassy. The ones in Europe seem the slowest and most inefficient to help the visitors calling for help - the only answer they give is "check on website".  Not to mention that the process is real slow and lasts weeks to a month if not more.

2 hours ago, freedomnow said:

No-one said buy a fake ticket.

Far enough ahead - a real one is same price as 48-hour reserved slots.

I would be very interested in leads to booking sites that can sell you a one-way international flight out of Thailand for US$12. I have considered myself very clever in the past tracking down tickets at double that price.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

I would be very interested in leads to booking sites that can sell you a one-way international flight out of Thailand for US$12. I have considered myself very clever in the past tracking down tickets at double that price.

The longer fake time period tickets cost more than that. But I'm thinking more SETV applied locally than METV which can be unknown application scale.

Anyway, in my case I actually wanted to go to Laos after 60 days so got that for my exit flight and a single coming in.

So why not just tell them you are departing Thailand by land rather than all the BS of a fake ticket? 

I have never ever had an airline ask to see my departing flight ticket though i guess it is possible....but some people indeed may be doing a trip around several countries and do not know when or where they plan to fly home from and do not want to commit to some nonrefundable ticket or big change fees..it's called being a tourist.

That is what i did with thai evisa bunch, going out overland,   and they did accept it and issued the e visa.

10 hours ago, 7euner said:

Thank you all.

Thx

That is what happened to me...got an email from them saying where is your outbound flight...i responded i planned to leave thailand overland.  Next day i got the evisa via email with no further comment or questions.  This was from Los Angeles embassy.  No idea if they are all same or not.

• Like 1