New condo. How to prove address without yellow tabien baan?

I bought a condo, I got the contract, the chanote and blue tabien baan, but I don't have the yellow tabien baan. The local amphur asked me for a translation of passport's data certified by the embassy, but I have to wait two months to do it (!).

How do I prove my address?

30 minutes ago, zhounan said:

I bought a condo, I got the contract, the chanote and blue tabien baan, but I don't have the yellow tabien baan. The local amphur asked me for a translation of passport's data certified by the embassy, but I have to wait two months to do it (!).

Go to immigration and get a certificate of residence

9 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Renew Non-O Visa

So you previously have been on extension based on retirement?

Meaning this is not your first extension.

Not being rude but no such thing as "Renew Non-O Visa"

How did you obtain extensions previously regarding proof of address.

Which immigration office? 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Based on Thai spouse. 

Exactly, it's not the first extension, before I was living in a rented condo and visa extensions were based on owner signed ID card and rental contract.

Now I bought my own condo. Real estate agent made the chanote and blue house book (but, of course, without my name). So I have: the chanote, the contract, the blue book.

The immigration office is Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok.

(Don't worry, you're not rude)

Edited by zhounan

8 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Based on Thai spouse. 

Exactly, it's not the first extension, before I was leaving in a rented condo and visa extensions were based on owner signed ID card and rental contract.

Now I bought my own condo.

(Don't worry, you're not rude)

Is your new address same province 

Edited by DrJack54

14 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok.

Yes, my new address is in the same province.

Given your post about your condo purchase not at this time complete. 

I really cannot give reliable advice.

Hopefully @BritTim

Can provide more clarity. 

Is your next 90 day report due prior to annual extension. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, zhounan said:

The exact same day

Strange.

Anyway you can apply for address report 14 days prior to due date.

At CW they have appointments available for 90 day report.

I did one recently. 

Very helpful io. 

You could consider making an appointment with whatever proof of address you have. 

They might even process a TM47 and that would be sufficient for your extension. 

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The yellow book should not be essential for proof of address. If you have the chanote that identifies you as the owner of the condo, that should be sufficient to lodge the TM30 notification, and subsequently to do the 90-day notification using TM47 and your extension. Getting the yellow book can sometimes involve a lot of bureaucracy, depending on your local office, but it is not essential.

Thank you, now I feel more optimistic and hopeful ????????

10 hours ago, zhounan said:

For the SF30 my local IMM accepted the Blue Book, when I need proof of residence the Condo administrative personnel make me a residence letter which is what I use for my annual IMM extension and also when I need IMM residence letters for DL, bank accounts, etc.

1 hour ago, Soondae said:

For the SF30 my local IMM accepted the Blue Book, when I need proof of residence the Condo administrative personnel make me a residence letter which is what I use for my annual IMM extension and also when I need IMM residence letters for DL, bank accounts, etc.

Excuse, what do you mean for "residence letter"?

11 hours ago, zhounan said:

Now I bought my own condo. Real estate agent made the chanote and blue house book (but, of course, without my name). So I have: the chanote, the contract, the blue book.

Contract is superceded by Chanote and the blue book doesn't have name, so is pretty much useless.

The Chanote should have your name in Thai. I always have to include copy of my chanote for proof of address to get TM30

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, zhounan said:

He was meaning "certificate of residence" 

At CW it costs 200b and is mailed out within 2 weeks.

It's used for such things as opening bank account, TDL etc.

To obtain one at CW requires you to have made 90 day report. 

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why be so pedantic. Lots of people say renew when they actually mean extend.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zhounan said:

It is a letter on Condominium letterhead that states I am the owner and reside there at the condominium, it is all I need when I renew my annual extension, and as I previously stated; I use it for IMM to produce the IMM residence document that I need for Driver's License renewal and to open  bank accounts.

11 minutes ago, Soondae said:

It is a letter on Condominium letterhead that states I am the owner and reside there at the condominium, it is all I need when I renew my annual extension, and as I previously stated; I use it for IMM to produce the IMM residence document that I need for Driver's License renewal and to open  bank accounts.

Your Chanote already says that, you don't need an additional letter

21 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Your Chanote already says that, you don't need an additional letter

Of the three banks I opened accounts at, only Kashikorn would accept the Chanote. However, this info works for individuals whom don't own but rent as well.... think a little outside the discussion.

• Like 1

Pardon my ignorance but why would you need a yellow Tabien Baan when you have a blue one? Will they even issue a yellow one when a blue one has been provided to the same person?

Surely the fact that your name is on the Chanotte and in the blue Tabien Baan is enough.  Most foreigners don't have a yellow Tabien Baan and use a Confirmation of Address from immigration.

Edited by MangoKorat

10 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Pardon my ignorance but why would you need a yellow Tabien Baan when you have a blue one? Will they even issue a yellow one when a blue one has been provided to the same person?

Surely the fact that your name is on the Chanotte and in the blue Tabien Baan is enough.  Most foreigners don't have a yellow Tabien Baan and use a Confirmation of Address from immigration.

If the only resident of the property is a foreigner, the blue book will be empty.

The chanote in your name, plus the explanation that you not yet have a yellow book should be sufficient for things like TM30 notification. However, if you are a foreign owner, the yellow book will simplify matters in some cases.

58 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The chanote in your name, plus the explanation that you not yet have a yellow book should be sufficient for things like TM30 notification.

In over 30 TM30 applications I have never been asked to explain why I don't have a yellow book. A chanote copy in your name is all that's needed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

In over 30 TM30 applications I have never been asked to explain why I don't have a yellow book. A chanote copy in your name is all that's needed

Indeed - my experience (in Phuket) is also that a Yellow Book is definitely not necessary, but if one has such it will suffice.

The last time I went for an extension on a Type-O visa (when I still had such a Type-O visa), at Phuket immigration, the "Phuket volunteers" (who help the immigration officers) advised me to get a Blue Book (copy) and a copy of the ID of my condo owner.  When I advised them that I was the owner of the condo, they told me then to bring my Chanote (with a copy) and also bring the Blue Book (plus copy) - where bringing the Blue book made no sense to me as I am not a Thai resident (and hence my name is not in the Blue book).  

When I next showed up (when meeting the IO) with my Yellow book (plus copy) and my Chanote (plus copy)  the IO handed back to me the Chanote and the Chonote copy, and kept the copy from the Yellow book. 

Still as noted not everyone wants nor does anyone need a Yellow book", and hence I believe the Chanote (plus copy) would have sufficed for the residence proof (in addition to other documents noted (TM30 copy and TM47)).