What the best Term Deposit rate at the bank nowadays…..any suggestions..?

Here's a list of current bank deposit interest rates. The right hand column shows FD's up to 24 months indicating that both K Bank and SCB paying up to 2.0% p.a. Note that this can be a bit misleading as they are typically step-up interest rates meaning the FD might commence at say, 1.10% for the first 5 mths and eventually increase to 2.0% for the final 5 months. It doesn't appear to be an exhaustive list of current FD offerings as I know that LH Bank (unsure if they have a branch in Chiang Mai) have a current promotion of 2.1% p.a. for 11 months.

https://www.bot.or.th/en/statistics/interest-rate.html

Edited by mark5335
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Did one in k-bank a couple of months ago at around 1.75%. They kept pushing the products that renewed at a significantly lower rate at the end of the term. 7 and 11 months if I recall. A bit of persistence got them to show me their 24 month term that renewed at whatever the 24 month rate is at renewal time.

Avoid the ones that renew at low rates. They'll say you just need to come in again and renew. F that. They are counting on you to forget.