Applying for Non-B visa in Sydney Australia

Hello,

I'm currently in Thailand on an ED visa but I have an employment offer here in Thailand, I was planning to travel back to Australia anyway, so I am planning to apply for the Non-B for employment purposes at the Sydney Embassy.

The Sydney consulate website says they process Non-b for business purposes, investment and teaching but do not mention employment specifically, the Canberra consulate website specifically mentions employment, so I'm wondering if it's maybe not possible through the Sydney Consulate?

Other than that, the Sydney embassy website says that you need to apply online and then wait for an invitation to visit the embassy, and then it should take 10 working days to have the visa approved. They suggest to apply 4 to 8 weeks before your intended travel date to Thailand.

I'm wondering if anyone here has done this recently, did it go smoothly? was there anything unexpected to be prepared for, how long after the application were you invited to visit the embassy?

My employer is collecting all the documents for me to take and will be applying for a WP3 pre-approval work permit while I'm in Australia.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just a general answer. I am currently going through this procedure.

It seems every embassy has different documents which they require and different procedures, online, offline, appointment, etc.

Looking at different websites from Thai embassies in nearby countries they all have different requirements and procedures. 

The person who prepares my documents told me she prepares all the documents which different embassies want (on their websites), just in case they write they want a, b, and c but they also want d.

Be prepared that the embassy might tell you that you also need other documents.

Thank you, yes my employer provided a bunch of papers just on case, it seems above and beyond what is being asked for, but hopefully it is enough.