Public support for new Brexit referendum revealed

Social Media

41 minutes ago, Social Media said:

Nearly half of Britons

Nothing new in that. 48% is " Nearly half".

43 minutes ago, Social Media said:

Less than a third of people (30 per cent) think Brexit is “done”, while almost half (49 per cent) said it is not complete. However, in an earlier survey conducted between 28 February to 1 March, only 18 per cent thought Brexit was done while 60 per cent said it was not

60% and then 49% agree with what I've been saying all along.

Only 18% then 30% agree with the 3 amigos on here.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Social Media said:

When asked how they would vote if there was a referendum on joining the EU, half of the participants said they would vote to join.

Yeah the sad help me I can't help myself brigade.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you look more closely at the graph, you'll see that a far higher percentage of Remain voters than Leave voter think Brexit isn't done. Given the increasingly negative evaluation of Brexit by UK citizens, the opinion that Brexit isn't done doesn't exactly  look like a vote of confidence.

It depends what side of the fence you are on.

I can see both sides. 

If something is not finished, it could get better or worse. Many people could be confident. Many might not. Your comment is biased towards "not".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, maybe you think it's just as likely that remain supporters think that things will get better as Brexit progresses as it will get worse. Given other polling, that seems like a very very dubious assumption. Especially given that at this point polls consistently show far more voters think it was a mistake than not. Is it likely that those who think Brexit was a mistake think the outcome will turn out to be better than remaining would have been?

55% I believe. That's what this poll shows. Hardly "far more".

• Thumbs Up 1

I suggest we revisit the polls on how people would vote before the actual vote in 2016 before we take this too seriously. 

They all predicted Remain. Hence the shock and horror on the face of the “totally unbiased” BBC pundits when the result came through.

Even if we voted to rejoin I doubt the EU would be interested. They have enough problems such as their powerhouse economy Germany being in recession and the corruption scandal.

Last thing they need is Farage and co. ruining their cozy setup.

Nah, we’re out of the corrupt federalist project. Thank goodness.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12444543/Germany-remains-sick-man-Europe-economy-stagnates-Brexit-Britain-continues-growth.html

Germany's stagnating economy - which had fallen into recession earlier this year - is in stark contrast to Brexit Britain's economy, which continues to see growth. The UK's economy grew by 0.2 per cent in the second quarter of the year, with June's sunny weather encouraging Britons to eat out and spend more.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Another option would be to negotiate a new deal with the EU.

Have to wait until Zelensky Ukraine has joined before the EU would consider the UK for any EU accession process and will the support to rejoin remain if the UK has to use the Euro as currency

2 hours ago, Sing_Sling said:

???? ???? ???? ???? The country is a laughing stock, its economy is in tatters, the fifth PM in eight years and the list goes on.  Brexit is done and the only ones dragging it along in the British public's mind are the politicians who still go on about the horrible EU, Brussels, von der Leyen, Germany, France etc...  Great at deflection for the uneducated and xenophobic masses

Are you German, by any chance.............?   ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1