Public support for new Brexit referendum revealed

Social Media

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

I'd say 50 percent of leave voters will be daed or very near it in the next 10 years.

And it is all very academic. As you say, who says that a return is even an option at this point. The UK is hardly negotiating from a position of strength at his point.

Nothing new there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, transam said:

You would know about that............????

Indeed, it's easy to see with someone like you . . . no qualifications required. 

22 hours ago, candide said:

Ok, so let's update my comment!

The telegraph article is misleading, as it omits to show the Eurozone GDP forecast, which is more than twice higher than the UK forecast.

It should also be mentioned that another poster (youreavinalaff), thinks that  the IMF numbers on which this article is based may not be reliable.

You'll have to type slower for him, it seems.  Now he takes umbrage at being referred to in the third person.

2 hours ago, Sing_Sling said:

Indeed, it's easy to see with someone like you . . . no qualifications required. 

You'll have to type slower for him, it seems.  Now he takes umbrage at being referred to in the third person.

That's funny, incorrect and misleading.

You referred to me in the third person whilst speaking directly to me.

It was, and still is, grammatically incorrect.

You even said "another poster" with my username in brackets whilst replying to my comment. 

Now you decide to try and deflect your errors by lying. 

A good belly laugh.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sing_Sling said:

That reminds me of a song.................:guitar:

28 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

That's funny, incorrect and misleading.

It was, and still is, grammatically incorrect.

You even said "another poster" with my username in brackets whilst replying to my comment. 

A good belly laugh.

There is a confusion. It was me, not Sin Sling.

BTW, my reply was not really a reply.

I was just informing you that I had modified my initial comment by integrating your contribution. The reply function was the most simple way to do it.

I can modify it again, and rewrite it as a reply.

The Telegraph article (which was based on IMF forecast numbers) is misleading, as it omits to show the Eurozone GDP forecast, which is more than twice higher than the UK forecast.

Additionaly you have cast more doubt on the reliability of this article by outlining that IMF forecast numbers have not always been accurate.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, candide said:

There is a confusion. It was me, not Sin Sling.

BTW, my reply was not really a reply.

I was just informing you that I had modified my initial comment by integrating your contribution. The reply function was the most simple way to do it.

I can modify it again, and rewrite it as a reply.

The Telegraph article (which was based on IMF forecast numbers) is misleading, as it omits to show the Eurozone GDP forecast, which is more than twice higher than the UK forecast.

Additionaly you have cast more doubt on the reliability of this article by outlining that IMF forecast numbers have not always been accurate.

Correct. However, it was an error. Just admit it. 

I madecan error and therefore, apologies to Sing.

Yes, you are right. I doubted IMF, based on historical forecasts. That is all I did. Nothing more, nothing less. Your rants are inane as they seem to suggest I've done something that I haven't. 

Edited by youreavinalaff

42 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Correct. However, it was an error. Just admit it. 

I madecan error and therefore, apologies to Sing.

Yes, you are right. I doubted IMF, based on historical forecasts. That is all I did. Nothing more, nothing less. Your rants are inane as they seem to suggest I've done something that I haven't. 

I know that was surely not your intent, and that's why I added a laughing emoticons in my first reply. 

That's basic logic, if you cast doubt on IMF forecast numbers, you also (albeit indirectly) cast doubt on an article based on these numbers.

Edited by candide

10 minutes ago, candide said:

I know that was surely not your intent, and that's why I added a laughing emoticon.

That's basic logic, if you cast doubt on IMF forecast numbers, you also (albeit indirectly) cast doubt on an article based on these numbers.

Have I said anything else?

It appears your blinkered view led you to believe I was doubting the IMF's forcast for UK alone.

That's why you are confused. 

I will repeat one more time, I don't believe or trust IMF forecasts due to many wayward forecasts in the past.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Have I said anything else?

It appears your blinkered view led you to believe I was doubting the IMF's forcast for UK alone.

That's why you are confused. 

I will repeat one more time, I don't believe or trust IMF forecasts due to many wayward forecasts in the past.

Another mutual misunderstanding. I actually believed that you initially were doubting the IMF forecast for Eurozone only.

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

You're confused . . . take a break.  A nap perhaps. 

A good belly laugh.

Is it alcohol?  Are you posting drunk?  Can you differentiate between posters?  

3 hours ago, transam said:

That reminds me of a song.................:guitar:

????????

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Then, your assumption was incorrect and subsequent posts inane, as I've previously pointed out.

Ok  so it was just a coincidence.

However  there was nothing inane in stressing that in case IMF numbers were to be considered as unreliable, then the Telegraph article should also be considered as such ( on top of using a truncated set of data).

14 minutes ago, candide said:

Ok  so it was just a coincidence.

However  there was nothing inane in stressing that in case IMF numbers were to be considered as unreliable, then the Telegraph article should also be considered as such ( on top of using a truncated set of data).

In reply to my comment, it was inane.

9 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

It is clearly you who has been drinking.

Either that or you chose to ignore my apology for the error I made.

Sure, it was me as I confused two posters.  

You were wrong, live with it.  Alcohol is a curse if consumed to excess - learn a lesson.

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Left wingers sabotaging an event again , they seem to thrive on disruption , not unhappy unless the focus is on them .

Although we should be thank-ful that they didn't stop the performance  and throw orange paint around 

The event was not sabotaged, it went rather smoothly with no interruptions to the program.

How you determined the people peacefully waiving EU flags were ‘left-wingers’ remains to be explained.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Left wingers sabotaging an event again , they seem to thrive on disruption , not unhappy unless the focus is on them .

Although we should be thank-ful that they didn't stop the performance  and throw orange paint around 

There are those on this forum that support low-life spoiling ordinary folks enjoyment, over time you will spot them....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Refer topic of discussion.

All that EU flag waving at the last night of the proms is consistent with what is discussed in the OP.

They were given free flags when entering the arena  , tens of thousands of free flags were given to people and its traditional to wave flags around at the concert . As its quite dark inside the concert (I was there myself recently) hall , I doubt whether people opened their free flags and give it much thought about Brexit .

Its not as though thousands of the audience support Remain and took flags along to show their support, they were given free flags when entering 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

They were given free flags when entering the arena  , tens of thousands of free flags were given to people and its traditional to wave flags around at the concert . As its quite dark inside the concert (I was there myself recently) hall , I doubt whether people opened their free flags and give it much thought about Brexit .

Its not as though thousands of the audience support Remain and took flags along to show their support, they were given free flags when entering 

They didn’t have to accept, much less wave the flags.

I doubt anyone supporting Brexit accepted an EU flag and then waved it around in the audience.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Sing_Sling said:

Sure, it was me as I confused two posters.  

You were wrong, live with it.  Alcohol is a curse if consumed to excess - learn a lesson.

23 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

made an error and therefore, apologies to Sing.

A quote of my post yesterday. Mistake acknowledged and apologised for. No need for me to " live with" anything, especially a small mistake on a forum like this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/10/2023 at 11:34 AM, n00dle said:

I'd say 50 percent of leave voters will be daed or very near it in the next 10 years.

And it is all very academic. As you say, who says that a return is even an option at this point. The UK is hardly negotiating from a position of strength at his point.

Well, the EU is hardly going from strength to strength is it?

Germany's reliance on car manufacturing will hit it hard long term as the Chinese begin to dominate the market, especially the EV market.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-11/euro-zone-outlook-cut-by-eu-shows-germany-sinking-deeper-in-mire

image.png.5e52ad0ab526f0cd4b9227f845f457e5.png

in a few short years the top 2 has taken a hit. The UK gone altogether, Germany in decline.

It's all gone a bit Pete Tong for the corrupt federalist project.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/products-eurostat-news/-/DDN-20180511-1

image.png.07619b4b0f9a362cc17f0253de3e58f7.png

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well, the EU is hardly going from strength to strength is it?

Germany's reliance on car manufacturing will hit it hard long term as the Chinese begin to dominate the market, especially the EV market.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-11/euro-zone-outlook-cut-by-eu-shows-germany-sinking-deeper-in-mire

image.png.5e52ad0ab526f0cd4b9227f845f457e5.png

in a few short years the top 2 has taken a hit. The UK gone altogether, Germany in decline.

It's all gone a bit Pete Tong for the corrupt federalist project.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/products-eurostat-news/-/DDN-20180511-1

image.png.07619b4b0f9a362cc17f0253de3e58f7.png

Did you really just post some graph from 2017 under yor claims about his it’s going for the EU?

Yes you did.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1