Totally lost interest in marriage

bignok

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Any member can talk about ANYTHING, but some of your subjects are hard to understand, or completely silly, as are others, not just picking on you..

Topic is marriage. Anyone over 18yo understands marriage.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, bignok said:

Im young enough to try again but whats the point. First one lasted almost 20 years. Couldnt be bothered trying ever again.

What about you? I think gf long term is fine. I see no point in marriages. All you do is waste money.

No upstanding woman in Thailand would enter into a long-term relationship, without marriage... 

Avg Bar Girl (or like might), but it's peer pressure from village, family etc, marriage is expected.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jenkins9039 said:

No upstanding woman in Thailand would enter into a long-term relationship, without marriage... 

Avg Bar Girl (or like might), but it's peer pressure from village, family etc, marriage is expected.. 

Rubbish.

17 hours ago, bignok said:

I see no point in marriages. All you do is waste money.

I see marriage as a business or a good long term investment.

You get from a marriage what you put into a marriage, same as a business or a good long term investment.

16 + the best years of my life, that said, most marriages fail because like businesses or investments, no enough was done to make the business work or enough research was carried out on the investment, i.e. possibly incompatible in the first place, ego, gave up, drank too much, had an affair, gambled, became abusive, (either partner), all recipes for failure in a marriage.

I have invested a few mil into my marriage since we met 16 + years ago, wedding, house, car, bike, furniture and holidays of course, but that investment has paid off very well for me.

Breaking it down over that period would mean my investment cost me around 500 baht a day, and for what I have received in return over that period to me means I have done extremely well.

Now you might want to be single or pick up the odd girl every now and again because you think marriages are an open pit to pour money into, but to me, having a partner that is compatible means you want to spend the rest of you life with them, and is far better than being single in my opinion, that said, I also go on the principal of you only invest as much as your prepared to lose, and if your marriage fails, then you walk away with what you were prepared to lose and without blaming your partner for your lose because you knew what you were getting into, i.e. it takes two to Tango ????.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I see marriage as a business or a good long term investment.

You get from a marriage what you put into a marriage, same as a business or a good long term investment.

16 + the best years of my life, that said, most marriages fail because like businesses or investments, no enough was done to make the business work or enough research was carried out on the investment, i.e. possibly incompatible in the first place, ego, gave up, drank too much, had an affair, gambled, became abusive, (either partner), all recipes for failure in a marriage.

I have invested a few mil into my marriage since we met 16 + years ago, wedding, house, car, bike, furniture and holidays of course, but that investment has paid off very well for me.

Breaking it down over that period would mean my investment cost me around 500 baht a day, and for what I have received in return over that period to me means I have done extremely well.

Now you might want to be single or pick up the odd girl every now and again because you think marriages are an open pit to pour money into, but to me, having a partner that is compatible means you want to spend the rest of you life with them, and is far better than being single in my opinion, that said, I also go on the principal of you only invest as much as your prepared to lose, and if your marriage fails, then you walk away with what you were prepared to lose and without blaming your partner for your lose because you knew what you were getting into, i.e. it takes two to Tango ????.  

500 baht a day is 2 massages. Over 10,000 from 16 years.

• Haha 1

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

In those 16 + years, I got to live in this huge house, drive a nice car from new, have a pretty woman to look at, who cooks, cleans, washes, Irons, and gives me a massage and that happy ending whenever I want.

Sounds like your paying to much for your investment ????

10,000 women vs 1.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Even if you got them for a dollar a pop, bigbird, that's 10,000 bucks! ????

Think about it. Visit 200 towns get 200 women to give you an oil massage. Not a bad life.

Not saying you should do it if you don't want to but it probably beats most marriages.

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Think about it. Visit 200 towns get 200 women to give you an oil massage. Not a bad life.

Not saying you should do it if you don't want to but it probably beats most marriages.

It's NOT free bigbird!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Never said it was. Still cheaper than half a house.

10,000 oil massages at approx 600 baht per hour equals 6 million baht, I think you could buy a nice house for that, bigbird! Even at half that price, it's still a pretty fair house!