Totally lost interest in marriage

bignok

Just now, 2baht said:

10,000 oil massages at approx 600 baht per hour equals 6 million baht, I think you could buy a nice house for that, bigbird! Even at half that price, it's still a pretty fair house!

Do 200 then

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I see marriage as a business or a good long term investment.

You get from a marriage what you put into a marriage, same as a business or a good long term investment.

16 + the best years of my life, that said, most marriages fail because like businesses or investments, no enough was done to make the business work or enough research was carried out on the investment, i.e. possibly incompatible in the first place, ego, gave up, drank too much, had an affair, gambled, became abusive, (either partner), all recipes for failure in a marriage.

I have invested a few mil into my marriage since we met 16 + years ago, wedding, house, car, bike, furniture and holidays of course, but that investment has paid off very well for me.

Breaking it down over that period would mean my investment cost me around 500 baht a day, and for what I have received in return over that period to me means I have done extremely well.

Now you might want to be single or pick up the odd girl every now and again because you think marriages are an open pit to pour money into, but to me, having a partner that is compatible means you want to spend the rest of you life with them, and is far better than being single in my opinion, that said, I also go on the principal of you only invest as much as your prepared to lose, and if your marriage fails, then you walk away with what you were prepared to lose and without blaming your partner for your lose because you knew what you were getting into, i.e. it takes two to Tango ????.  

My relationship so far is on 4000 baht a day, included everything we have done and invested in since we met. Small farm, houses, land, motorbikes, car, travels, and for each year we spend less money pr day compare to investment. 

So for those who want to invest in massage and short times, go ahead, make your day as it suits you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

So you want me to boss you around? Go do 15,000

I'm sure you have'nt got that sort of money, bigbird! That's what this post is about, right, the cost of marriage compared to 10,000 oil massages?

5 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I'm sure you have'nt got that sort of money, bigbird! That's what this post is about, right, the cost of marriage compared to 10,000 oil massages?

Only 3m baht. Over 16 years is less than 200,000 baht so about usd$6,500 a year.

So totally doable if one wanted.

I'm aged 64, married 3 years. To be honest I wouldn't do it again. If my current marriage to a Thai lady ended, I wouldn't date another Thai lady. I'd return to my home country.

I've seen too many old, cynical bachelors chasing the ladies and don't want to become one (although I think I might be rather good at it). Plus I can't be bothered going through all that meeting the parents/relatives, dramas etc. etc. etc. involved with another Thai girlfriend.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I'm aged 64, married 3 years. To be honest I wouldn't do it again. If my current marriage to a Thai lady ended, I wouldn't date another Thai lady. I'd return to my home country.

I've seen too many old, cynical bachelors chasing the ladies and don't want to become one (although I think I might be rather good at it). Plus I can't be bothered going through all that meeting the parents/relatives, dramas etc. etc. etc. involved with another Thai girlfriend.

I agree, I feel lucky because she had a few relationships with foreigners before me, and the last one before me, I guess I should thank him for the job he did with her, because she is fantastic in every way, and well adopted to western lifestyle as well kept her thai way of thinking when it comes to relationships. 

Not to forget she knows now whats a good partner and not means. Finding the same in Thailand, I see as impossible. 

But there is a few widows who where married to a western I have met, who is playing golf, Well off and educated, but some of them have high norms to live up to. 

• Like 1

I think some could careless if they get married but would like to continue a relationship with somebody! Women generally want to memorialize the institution!

Its ok by me !
This time around I have a friend , companion , who says several times a week ,

Thank you to love me!

Mariage? :cheesy: It doesnt mean a thing. It is technically, just a legal contract, which will mostly costs YOU at the end. Not only financially, but also emotionally.

Love? ♬What's love got to do with it. Just a second hand emotion.♬

19 hours ago, bignok said:

Im young enough to try again but whats the point. First one lasted almost 20 years. Couldnt be bothered trying ever again.

What about you? I think gf long term is fine. I see no point in marriages. All you do is waste money.

I've never been married to any of my girlfriends and it has worked out fine. Marriage has never been a needed base for relationship, and it's easy to separate, if that's the way to go.

The longest relationship in my home country lasted 16 years, and we continued to be best friends. My present Thai relationship has so far –  within a few months – lasted for 20 years. My girlfriend however says that she will marry me when I get 90 years old...????

In some cases an unmarried relationship can be regarded at same level as married when you split, even that you don't get any tax benefits like when having a legal wife. There has even been a few cases mentioned in the Thai news...:whistling: