Voting for next PM to go ahead with growing turmoil likely to end with General Prawit as PM

webfact

57 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

If the Thai population doesn't have the guts to fight this upcoming injustice tooth and nail by becoming martyrs of The Revolution, then I have no sympathy anymore for them and they deserve every ounce of bad luck that, by the Grace of Our Good Lord, will befall them.

It's a Buddhist country, the Good Lord only speaks for 1.2% of the electorate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I hope that MFP recognize that should the military clique of Prawit & Anutin become the government, they have the power to amend the laws to entrench the traditionalists further in power for the next election. Pheu Thai succumbing to a kind of centrist conservatism to be the government is lesser of the evil than the old power clique. 

I agree.

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I hope that MFP recognize that should the military clique of Prawit & Anutin become the government, they have the power to amend the laws to entrench the traditionalists further in power for the next election. Pheu Thai succumbing to a kind of centrist conservatism to be the government is lesser of the evil than the old power clique. 

Whoever is PM, the numbers in Parliament won't change unless MF are dissolved.

Meaning MF and PT alone possess a majority in the House, so any bill to entrench the old clique's power can be easily shot down.

However if part of the deal for Thaksin to come back is a condition that PT will support the junta parties, then the only hope is MF win by a landslide in the next election.

A lot depends on the conduct of PT, could they even support an extension of the senators' powers?

If so, Thailand is screwed 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, MarcelV said:

If the Thai population doesn't have the guts to fight this upcoming injustice tooth and nail by becoming martyrs of The Revolution, then I have no sympathy anymore for them and they deserve every ounce of bad luck that, by the Grace of Our Good Lord, will befall them.

You seem oblivious to the fact that many Thai's support the monarchy and by extension the military. And are very skeptical of these parties. There is no revolution. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hotchilli said:

If that happens Thailand will truly sink below the gutter level of politics and enter the sewerage system.

Internationally I hope there will be a backlash at this happening in a so-called democratic election.

Somehow, I doubt very much that there will be an international backlash.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, hotchilli said:

If that happens Thailand will truly sink below the gutter level of politics and enter the sewerage system.

Internationally I hope there will be a backlash at this happening in a so-called democratic election.

International backlash?

I doubt if anyone knows where we are.

The army are here to stay this time.

????????

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 7:17 AM, spidermike007 said:

That would be the worst possible outcome for the country, and would set Thailand back 20 years. 

Hey Prawit. What about your promise to fight corruption? I doubt if you remember back this far, but when you and Prayuth launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, and the government, at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do. You substituted 10 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire time protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy. For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. 

And now, you want to run the country? That is indeed a sad day for the nation. You don't deserve it, you haven't earned it. You are not worthy of it. 

Im sure prawit has just read this comment and is now contemplating retiring from politics as we speak .

• Haha 1

I blame the bulk of the people, only 38% people voted for real change, 29% people voted for 10,000baht, a few percent for other democrat parties, and an alarming near 20% for military parties - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Thai_general_election. Until you get at least 60% of populous awake then real change won't be possible. This election is lost. Try again in a few years. A chance to free themselves thrown away, it some ways it reminds of 'govern me harder please' people during covid.  I hope your 10,000baht goes far as it's going be a painful few years on top of the last 10!