Heartless boss denies leave to woman grieving mother’s death in Thailand

snoop1130

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Not typical, I have a friend who has just undergone surgery requiring three weeks away from work..

Her boss allowed time off paid leave, made sure she had transport to and from the hospital, sent a colleague from work to her home everyday with food and drinks.

And took care of her two children while in hospital.

Of course it is not typical.

However it is if you want it to be.

If I were that lady's boss I would have helped in anyway I could. Perhaps that is just me though.

• Like 1

First I thought it was weird for the hotel name to be published, but then thought of it again - it would have come out one way or another and if it was seen hotel did nothing to sanction the manager, that would cause a major reputational damage to the hotel chain. So I am actually pleased that the hotel chain took action.

As for the supervisor... I am sure a large company like that would have standards of conduct training and policies, which would cover "headline test" of whatever you're thinking of doing, give a thought how it would look on the front page of tomorrow's news, and if it looks bad, don't do it. Usually the violation of such policies carries significant consequences, including termination of employment.

I'm not calling for anyone to lose their jobs and income. But some severe lesson needs to be given to supervisor to never even think of acting in such a mean way to anyone again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is exactly where Thailands defamation laws should be dissolved... 

Naming & Shaming on Social Media is the perfect way to deal with these ayholes and send out the message to others that their toxic behavior is not to be tolerated. 

It has, in an update in AN:

The hotel in question, the InterContinental Khao Yai Resort, responded via a Facebook post addressing the situation.

The Manager involved has been suspended.

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Still struggling to understand this Buddhism malarky ???? 

Easy to understand. Same as those claiming to be Christian but not following the teachings through Right Thought, Right Action. We can observe hypocrites in all belief systems no matter any positive attributes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Not typical, I have a friend who has just undergone surgery requiring three weeks away from work..

Her boss allowed time off paid leave, made sure she had transport to and from the hospital, sent a colleague from work to her home everyday with food and drinks.

And took care of her two children while in hospital.

I spent 3 months total in hospital this year, All paid leave.

1st hospital I was in for a few days my insurance declined the claim..... my employer paid the bill (200k) and HR manager arranged ambulance to move me to my registered social security hospital.

Daily visits by manager's and work colleagues once I came out of the coma. 

• Like 2