Chonburi Couple Arrested for Concealing Miscarried Infant

snoop1130

S__165969933-696x391.jpg

A Thai couple was arrested on Wednesday, August 16, 2023, for trying to conceal their allegedly miscarried infant by burying it near the Huai Chak Nok Reservoir near Pattaya.

The arrest was made by Huay Yai police in collaboration with Pattaya police.

The officers received a tip-off from concerned citizens that a man was seen suspiciously attempting to bury something under a tree near the Huai Chak Nok Reservoir in the Huay Yai sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/17/chonburi-couple-arrested-for-concealing-miscarried-infant/

-- The Pattaya News 2023-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I'm sorry for this Thai couple... What a shame the police are there for arresting them. Clearly the fetis was a miscarriage and they were only practising their right to busy it. How can this be illegal? I can understand if it was illegally aborted... But a fall causing the miscarriage is not a crime. Nor would I think it is a crime to bury it. I wonder how large the brown envelope will be for them to be released and charges dropped for this bad arrest. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Sounds more like an illegal abortion to me, if a miscarriage you don't just chuck it in the rubbish on the side of the road barely buried. 

The fetus was 3-4 months old. the couple have only been together 3-4 months. :saai:

Should have gone to a temple in that case.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

I'm sorry for this Thai couple... What a shame the police are there for arresting them. Clearly the fetis was a miscarriage and they were only practising their right to busy it. How can this be illegal? I can understand if it was illegally aborted... But a fall causing the miscarriage is not a crime. Nor would I think it is a crime to bury it. I wonder how large the brown envelope will be for them to be released and charges dropped for this bad arrest. 

Oh, so you saw it all and can corroborate their story.............?................:huh:

If any board members are careless and happen to impregnate a Thai girl (by accident) please be aware that if the infant is unwanted that The Pattaya Orphanage is a very good facility and will take the child for care and possible adoption.

https://www.thepattayaorphanage.org/

Edited by likerdup1