Police Certificate For No Criminal Record

John9

I have lived in Jomtien for over 10 years ( Last six years on Retirement Extension and before that on yearly non immigrant multi entry visa from UK). I need Police certificate for no crminal record certificate of charactor. How do I get that ? Where to apply ? What is the procedure, costs and how long it takes to get it ? Do they give in Thai Language or in English ?

Please advice. All correct helpful information details welcome and I thank for that in advance.

FWIW, I'm working on my Thai wife's visa to travel to the USA and she needs a police clearance letter, she went to the big police station on Sukhumvit towards the north end of town to ask, and there was one small office (I don't know the name or the exact location) that said they could fingerprint her and send off the paperwork and it would take about 3 weeks or 1 week if she paid for express. I'm not sure if this is available for foreigners but it's worth a try, all they could is say no.

OK. It's a long time ago that I needed a Thai Police Clearance to apply for a visa to PNG.

I went to the big Police compound on Sukhumvit in BKK and after asking around I was directed to an office where I got the clearance immediately with just showing my passport and my stay extension stamp.