Threat to "throw coffin out" by cemetery

alyx

2 hours ago, ravip said:

Why bother about your carcass? Live a good life and let nature take care of your remains... just my 2 cents. 

I understand but right now I am dealing with the living

On 8/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, alyx said:

Hey 

A decade ago I bought two "burial spots" for my spouse who is buried there and myself.

Upon purchase I was given  a basic receipt  and was told it was an in perpetuity burial plot. but was not put in writing

5  years later I was asked to pay an annual fee, which, although surprised, I gladly did for a couple of years  upon reception of their reminder. 

Then for. two years no news, then I did not pay

A few minutes ago I checked my spams and found a mail notifying me that, according to a new policy., in case of failure to pay three years in a roll "graves would be demolished" telling me to pay "otherwise you have to move out."

On top of the fact that I am kind of upset that suddenly I have to pay a maintenance fee, I am now flabbergasted to learn that my spouse and I will be thrown in a pauper's grave three years after I am dead  as nobody will pay for the maintenance,

Do they have the right to do that ? 

(Kindly do not ask me any details about names and location)

in life and in death they will fleece you. Have your beloved exhumed and Cremated and either keep or dispose of her ashes at some pleasant location you both were fond of..change your arrangements to the same..just my thoughts..good luck

11 minutes ago, tandor said:

in life and in death they will fleece you. Have your beloved exhumed and Cremated and either keep or dispose of her ashes at some pleasant location you both were fond of..change your arrangements to the same..just my thoughts..good luck

Thanks ...but we do not want to be cremated and...I paid for it ...I just have to wait weigh the odds and see

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 11:01 AM, alyx said:

Why do you assume we are Christians ? works the same for Israelites and Muslims

I assume that SOME may be Christians! Since you mentioned it, Israel sure generates a lot of corpses in Palestine, men, women AND children! ☹️

Edited by 2baht

No one would ever visit my grave. Too far and they don’t visit any of our other relatives graves. Most don’t even know where they are anymore. So cremation is still the best bet for me. I hope you find a resolution, but I’m highly doubtful that it will work out as well as you’d like. 

7 minutes ago, jcmj said:

No one would ever visit my grave. Too far and they don’t visit any of our other relatives graves. Most don’t even know where they are anymore. So cremation is still the best bet for me. I hope you find a resolution, but I’m highly doubtful that it will work out as well as you’d like. 

Well I visit my spouse's grave and it took me despair and luck to buy this plot...and I did to avoid what is about to take place if I do not act 

12 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I assume that SOME may be Christians! Israel sure generates a lot of corpses in Palestine, men, women AND children! ☹️

Wow...not a political thread at all

On 8/20/2023 at 10:43 AM, 2baht said:

Don't good Christians go to heaven when they die? ????

If I recall, the soul goes. The body has to wait for the resurrection (when the oceans will give up her dead … US Navy burial at sea?).

Bear in mind that Buddhist Thais believe they will be re-incarnated so are all cremated - they are unconcerned about their mortal remains.

Muslims in Thailand regards graves as sacred - so move to a Muslim graveyard - that is if they will let an infidel in, which is unlikely.

The people with the strongest belief about the sanctity of graves are the Chinese. As far as I am aware there are some Chinese graves in common ground but most of those I see are private property. Probably worth investigating amongst the Chinese community.

Chances are that in a civil suit you will have a Buddhist judge who will not fully understand your emotional need to be together and may rule against you. It will also be a long, probably depressing and expensive process.

Good luck!

I don't share your beliefs but do not dispute your right to live by them.

12 hours ago, PaoloR said:

Bear in mind that Buddhist Thais believe they will be re-incarnated so are all cremated - they are unconcerned about their mortal remains.

Muslims in Thailand regards graves as sacred - so move to a Muslim graveyard - that is if they will let an infidel in, which is unlikely.

The people with the strongest belief about the sanctity of graves are the Chinese. As far as I am aware there are some Chinese graves in common ground but most of those I see are private property. Probably worth investigating amongst the Chinese community.

Chances are that in a civil suit you will have a Buddhist judge who will not fully understand your emotional need to be together and may rule against you. It will also be a long, probably depressing and expensive process.

Good luck!

I don't share your beliefs but do not dispute your right to live by them.

Agreed but

Regarding the other religions none of them had allowed to let us have the use of their cemetery ???? The protestants are the only ones open to other non protestants. 

From a legal point of view, I would hope that it will be conducted by the booking and not according to the mood and beliefs of some judges as there is clearly a breach of contract. I am pretty sure that a Committee does not have the right to change the terms of a long standing situation ( 5 years after I had "bought"  my plots) .... otherwise we are in for a long fight ....and it can be very long between the first hearing and the Supreme court. Hopefully it will turn all right

18 hours ago, alyx said:

Agreed but

Regarding the other religions none of them had allowed to let us have the use of their cemetery ???? The protestants are the only ones open to other non protestants. 

From a legal point of view, I would hope that it will be conducted by the booking and not according to the mood and beliefs of some judges as there is clearly a breach of contract. I am pretty sure that a Committee does not have the right to change the terms of a long standing situation ( 5 years after I had "bought"  my plots) .... otherwise we are in for a long fight ....and it can be very long between the first hearing and the Supreme court. Hopefully it will turn all right

You have far more faith in the Thai Judicial system than perhaps it deserves. Moods and beliefs are how the system works; along, that is, with facilitation payments!

I have won cases in Thai courts and lost them as well and am still no wiser after 25 years as to how the system works. It changes from court to court and province to province.

If you do proceed it is essential, in my opinion, to have a local lawyer who regularly appears in the court and knows the magistrates and clerks of that court. Many local lawyers are not qualified to act in the court so the choice is important and the cost can be quite high!

I would attempt to go to arbitration in front of a magistrate first. It is non-binding but much quicker and the opposing party usually folds if the magistrate rules in your favour.

Good luck!

32 minutes ago, PaoloR said:

You have far more faith in the Thai Judicial system than perhaps it deserves. Moods and beliefs are how the system works; along, that is, with facilitation payments!

I have won cases in Thai courts and lost them as well and am still no wiser after 25 years as to how the system works. It changes from court to court and province to province.

If you do proceed it is essential, in my opinion, to have a local lawyer who regularly appears in the court and knows the magistrates and clerks of that court. Many local lawyers are not qualified to act in the court so the choice is important and the cost can be quite high!

I would attempt to go to arbitration in front of a magistrate first. It is non-binding but much quicker and the opposing party usually folds if the magistrate rules in your favour.

Good luck!

Thank you for this sound advice. I will try to go along these lines if it comes to that

I appreciate