Influenza infection cases triple in a year, topping 970,000 with one fatality reported

webfact

5 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Amazingly enough, the incidence of influenza - a virus that spreads from human to human - plummeted when people were staying home, keeping well away from others whenever they left the house, and wearing masks to block their saliva droplets. You don't need a conspiracy theory to explain that.

Maybe not, but you do need a conspiracy theory to explain how those very same people managed to get the dreaded 'covid-19'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jaideedave said:

So this fellow dies from Covid 19...(the unfortunate case is a 39 year old male beset with complications stemming from both alcoholism and chronic liver disease) whats the message here? his health was in jeopardy due to drinking but covid killed him?  

One foot on a banana peel the other on a skateboard.  

No the flu caused his demise not Covid

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

oh you maskers ....   do you really think a sheet of toilet paper across your face does any good ?

(unless you're talking poop )   what about the  sheepies who wear them ,, then take them off to sit with a group in a restaurant and dip their spoons into the  same dish ( aka swapping spit ) !

come on Forrest .     stupid is as stupid does

wait am i forrest or a masker ? i like chocolate. 

• Love It 1

20 hours ago, stoner said:

so 1 person in a million who was already gravely ill died ? don't see how that is alarming in any way. 

He was a young man, only 39.  An elder with none of the health problems can be even more high risk.  Influenza season is just beginning.  

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Thats because of mask wearing.

Yes, quite probably, along with other isolation measures assuredly.  Probably leading to a reduced prevalence of flu/cold virus 'going about'.... although masks don't work and create health problems was a nonsense being bandied about at the time. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I think there were differences in flu cases in the UK.  I can't remember the details but I think that lockdowns, social distancing and mask wearing caused a drop in cases, but that also meant that there was a drop in immunity that normally builds up. That then caused an increase in flu and other diseases transmitted by close contact as we got back to normal. 

Not a surprise but just needs a bit of care until we get back to normal

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

You sound scared,  pull yourself together man for gods sake,  were you like this before covid??  no of course you weren't.  There are always seasonal viruses floating around, people catch them, a small percentage will die, that is normal. Stop worrying and stop trying to scare others

I grew up in Northern Canada. Every fall/winter people got colds. Runny noses and maybe a cough and sometimes the flu. Some did some didn't. It didn't warrant mass injections of questionable substances.We carried on with life.I never ever saw a face mask until entered industry and they were called dust masks.This mass hysteria every time someone gets a sniffle is called a pandemic makes me wonder.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I don't know where you are based, but here in CM a small minority still wears them - unless you are in a hospital then I agree the majority.

A small minority? Must live in the tourist zones, or more likely deliberate porkies pies, so common these days. Chiang Mai gate market this morning, easily 80 % + of people had masks on. As this is shopping day I'll be at Rimping Ping river branch in an hour. Expect only 60-70 % there, because of the non thai customers.

Edited by Dcheech

5 hours ago, rabas said:

Oh ye lemmings of another faith.

Across the world, mask use had the highest correlation with the near complete disappearance of influenza during Covid. End of story.

Instructions: 1. Read. 2. Weep.

Disappearance and Re-Emergence of Influenza during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Association with Infection Control Measures

And we could all provide an article that opposes that view. We could be here all day exchanging articles, studies, etc etc.      At the end of the day it should be a choice for each person whether they wanna wear masks or not, that's the bottom line.  

5 hours ago, paulikens said:

And we could all provide an article that opposes that view. We could be here all day exchanging articles, studies, etc etc.      At the end of the day it should be a choice for each person whether they wanna wear masks or not, that's the bottom line.  

Sorry, science doesn't work that way.  You can't just say maybe someone something.  You refute a valid argument like the one presented. But I don't think one can.

I didn't mention choice but there we agree.

On 8/21/2023 at 12:40 AM, paul1804 said:

So ironic, no flu during the BS covid pandemic yet now thats behind us it seems we may have a pending influenza pandemic! 

Yes and BTW- be sure to get your flu shots everybody. ????

23 hours ago, rabas said:

Oh ye lemmings of another faith.

Across the world, mask use had the highest correlation with the near complete disappearance of influenza during Covid. End of story.

Instructions: 1. Read. 2. Weep.

Disappearance and Re-Emergence of Influenza during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Association with Infection Control Measures

We are still double masking just in case. ????