Srettha says he had to eat his words so Pheu Thai can form a government

snoop1130

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pheu Thai party’s prime ministerial candidate Srettha Thavisin said today (Monday) that he has had to renege on promises he made during the election campaign,

Srettha, the only 2023 Prime Ministerial candidate thus far to NOT be elected be the people. He did not stand for office in the election, nor in the party list.

Democracy at its finest.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

That may be right, but it will only fly till the next election, when I believe those disaffected by PT's treachery will hopefully join the 14.2 million voters of the MFP party to start a new path for the normal people of Thailand, not the privileged few.

Its a shame how many decades have past by with that same thinking that it'll be better next time and only having more of the same, just with different faces and new pockets to fill. 

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

That may be right, but it will only fly till the next election, when I believe those disaffected by PT's treachery will hopefully join the 14.2 million voters of the MFP party to start a new path for the normal people of Thailand, not the privileged few.

Yeah this is what will happen. I think we'll see 55%+ for MFP next time, and hopefully the dissolution of the senate, that should be enough to secure a real future for Thailand.

6 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Srettha is through. But I only like politicians who do after the election what they promised before the election. 

446 yeas and 159 nays. Quite overwhelming considering he only need 376. Quite a lot of abstentions. Would be interesting to see the voting details.

2 hours ago, chmeatloaf said:

Thai logic. The Kingmaker's are the Senators. Why have a general election when the Kingmaker's themselves will decide who will be the next Prime Minister!

And still....most don't seem to get it.

It's the way it's always been.

Oligarchical reasoning.