Why Republican voters believe Trump

Social Media

2 hours ago, Presnock said:

Lots of folks pointing fingers in all directions.  BUT while we are all here, google the SS funds "surplus" for many years yet now we continue to see the doom and gloom within a decade.  Reagan + other political leaders had a bill passed to increase the amount of social security taxes that workers had to pay so

that the future generations would be able to get benefits without those benefits being cut.  However, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Trump took those "increased"

taxes since it was mounting up so that future retirees could get their monies back.  However since all since each of these "leaders" along with our great

congress people continued to pay for their "pork barrel" projects.  Now think about all those workers who have been paying the "extra" SS tax every year,

soon to retire and being told that their benefits now will be cut drastically!  Having live in foreign countries most of my adult life, I notice that the politicians

in just about every country are as corrupt as those in the US.  I noted recently that the Indian Parliament has tried but failed to pass an anti-corruption

law for 5 years without success.  In the US too, our politicians escape insider-trading sanctions although that is illegal.  Also, I read regularly news articles when senior politicians are visiting foreign countries, they take along family members who join companies (without having to pay any monies yet receive lots of 

valuable stocks) in those companies strictly because their family is a ranking member in the congress or government office. I don't know if all the stories I read

about these activities are in fact true, but since the DOJ seems to investigate them plus, I am sure that the IRS must be keeping track.  I for one would never

trust any politician anymore, as they change their values regularly depending on whatever their audience wants, even if it is blatantly false.  After almost 60

years of being able to vote, I gave up on each of the parties so now ignore the elections.  What ever happened to the values that our founding fathers had?

Now greed and hate seem to be the determining factors for people to run for office in my opinion.

Hope all have a nice week.

Stop with the nonsense about Reagan. Reagan ran record deficits in peacetime because of his tax cuts. He claimed that his tax cuts would pay for themselves with increased revenue to be taxed. Later, his budget director, David Stockman admitted that was a falsehood.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

Stop with the nonsense about Reagan. Reagan ran record deficits in peacetime because of his tax cuts. He claimed that his tax cuts would pay for themselves with increased revenue to be taxed. Later, his budget director, David Stockman admitted that was a falsehood.

Yeah, very few political leaders have ever been able to control the pork barrel projects of our congressmen/women and maybe that is

why so many are so corrupt.  Yeah, I forgot to include Reagan on the spending which he did trying to bankrupt the Russians (which he did

successfully).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Presnock said:

Yeah, very few political leaders have ever been able to control the pork barrel projects of our congressmen/women and maybe that is

why so many are so corrupt.  Yeah, I forgot to include Reagan on the spending which he did trying to bankrupt the Russians (which he did

successfully).

It wasn't the spending it was the tax cuts. Big tax breaks for the wealthy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1