"Where is it at". Possibly compared to "before".

swissie

With my health restored, I can think of another trip to Thailand (mostly Pattaya). Haven't been there for 7 years. So I am not "up to date". Before, I always stayed on Soi Post Office/Soi Yamato. Loved to be near the sea, loved the friendly Guest Houses and loved the uncomplicated way to make friends with ladies on Beach Road.

"Not that great anymore" I was told. Suggesting all kinds of other places. Soi Buakao for example.

Note: I never got involved in the "Bar-Fine-Business", nor in "Tinder-Aquaintances". Not willing to change this concept.

Afraid, by relocating away from Beach Road, I will be entangeled in the "Bar-Fine/Tinder" hokus-pokus that I don't want to be part of.

Any updates? Remember, I haven't been in Pattaya for the last 7 years.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, swissie said:

loved the uncomplicated way to make friends with ladies on Beach Road.

Just make sure you wear a big thick  (*Insured*) Gold chain .....

There is a lady that rents out rooms in the Markland (sits on the beach soi 1 has pool gym etc.  The rooms are owned by people overseas , most have been done out with a kitchen & other additions --- she has about 19 of them, charges about 1,000 a night---a discount if your staying for a while. If that’s in your price range I can PM you her number.

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, newnative said:

Why?   Because he's a member of the far-flung legion who, when thinking about Pattaya, must quote Brokeback Mountain to sum it up best, "I wish I knew how to quit you."   But, they can't quit Pattaya, no matter how long they've been gone, no matter how much they might want to.  Likely spending time in Pattaya was one of the biggest highlights of their lives, and they just can't 'quit' it.  

So, wherever they have ended up in the World, they spend their valuable, dwindling, remaining time on the planet perusing the Pattaya Forum and commenting on anything and everything pertaining to Pattaya, even though they often have no idea what they are talking about because they haven't been here in years.  In this case, 'nearly 20 years'. 

Often their posts on Pattaya are in the disparaging, sour grapes vein.  Basically, I'm not there, I dearly wish I was there, let me post a nasty comment that will make me feel a little better about not being there.  Excellent example here, with the post you commented on.  Poster hasn't been here in nearly 20 years and is still forever fascinated about Pattaya, is still diligently reading everything about it after all this time, and is still trying to be a part of it.  But, says he's 'happy' about not being in Pattaya in nearly 20 years.  Umm, no you're not.  But, do keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel a little better.

What a deranged post.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, but considering the question posed in the OP, regarding Any updates, you are not really in a position to know much of recent changes in Pattaya, nor did you comment about any other Thailand areas. 

Happy to talk about any other areas. I dont find it much different to 7 years ago.

If he just wants hookers why bother though? If I just wanted that Id stay home hire one. Save the effort of travel.

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Happy to talk about any other areas. I dont find it much different to 7 years ago.

Well Pattaya has changed somewhat since 7 years ago, big shopping malls, underpass, no power poles, profusion of cannabis shops and coffee shops, a move to on-line ways of obtaining companionship, and the Covid created demise of a lot of nightlife, and a very nice beach now!

Still paving the promenade though... some things do not change!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, sandyf said:

A "Forth Road Bridge" job, by the time it is finished, needs doing again.

Wrong and I think you mean the Forth Rail Bridge!  Also note there are two Road bridges plus the rail bridge!

"Painting the Forth Bridge" is a colloquial expression for a never-ending task, coined on the erroneous belief that at one time in the history of the bridge repainting was required and commenced immediately upon completion of the previous repaint. Such a practice never existed, as weathered areas were given more attention, but there was a permanent maintenance crew. Between 2001 and 2011, the bridge was covered in a new coating designed to last for 25 years, bringing an end to having painters as a regular part of the maintenance crew.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Wrong and I think you mean the Forth Rail Bridge!  Also note there are two Road bridges plus the rail bridge!

"Painting the Forth Bridge" is a colloquial expression for a never-ending task, coined on the erroneous belief that at one time in the history of the bridge repainting was required and commenced immediately upon completion of the previous repaint. Such a practice never existed, as weathered areas were given more attention, but there was a permanent maintenance crew. Between 2001 and 2011, the bridge was covered in a new coating designed to last for 25 years, bringing an end to having painters as a regular part of the maintenance crew.

Been over both more times than I care to remember, best friend from school went to live in South Queensferry, a useful stop on the way north for a few years.

Tongue in cheek comment that didn't require a lecture.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Just stay where you planned.  Still plenty of guest houses, girls, bars, restaurants in and around that area.

The prices have gone up just like everywhere in the world, but plenty of fun to be had.

Not sure I would go along with staying in the same area, might recommend the Areca for location, service and facilities..... and agreed, plenty fun still to be had.... 12  beers and its 1990s again!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 6:54 PM, champers said:

Sois 13, 13/1 & 13/2 are busy enough. Same with the bars and restaurants on 2nd Rd in that area.

Coconut bar is thriving after dark, when everyone looks prettier.

You will be just fine.

Thx. Music in my ears.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Just stay where you planned.  Still plenty of guest houses, girls, bars, restaurants in and around that area.

The prices have gone up just like everywhere in the world, but plenty of fun to be had.

Thx. Message understood. Like it.