Southern Provinces

Kinok Farang

3 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Narathiwat. Wat Khuat (bottle temple) is worth a look. Made out of beer and tonic drink bottles along with sea shells. (Sisaket has something similar called Wat Lan Khuat, or 'Temple of a Million Bottles')

I only have 1 province to check off my 'Provinces to Visit' list. And that's Trat. I'm in no hurry to go there but I'm still looking for a nice feather to place in my cap for when the time should come. 

Thanks for the info on Wat Khuat. I have visited Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew in Sisaket or the temple of a million bottles earlier this year. I now have another temple to add to my list and have to make another pilgrimage to pray to the powerful god of beer and his wonderful and tasty elixir.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was there earlier this year  mainly rural parts of the south ..I had to go through 100's of army check points . only in a couple of areas did I feel unwelcome  and was told at the check points NOT to stop in certain villages , and getting a beer after a hot day on the  road was a bit hit and miss , but  visited some wonderful sites ????

Check out , my vid of the trip   Skip to about 1:30 mins to  miss the intro ????

@banglay It's so beautiful in the deep south. It's been a pleasure living here for the past 7 years.

And the number of actual checkpoints is not that high. At 99% of them, the soldiers just wave you through, if they're even checking people/cars/bikes at all. No stress about it.

Living in the area, you quickly get used to the military presence anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1