How To Avoid The 'Wham Bam, Thank You' Scam

Brewster67

Meanwhile in a parallel universe a girl is writing ✍️ a thread with the titel: "How to avoid the short scam?"

He take you for dinner, wine and dine you, tells you how unique and beautiful you are and that he will love you forever, but after you sleeps with him, he NEVER answer the 50 text messages you send him and never calls back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2023 at 4:57 PM, BritManToo said:

Thai husbands have Mia nois, and visit brothels at every opportunity.

My 3  BILs tried to take me to a brothel, they said "you don't tell our wives and we won't tell our sister" I made an excuse and went home.

Good decision. Could have easily turned into a crash and burn scenario. Quite probably the “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” would have blown up in your face.  

Should be mandatory, every guy gets a Yelo book and pink card and put nothing in their name , Cons are running full steam , all households in this country owe the banks money from Covid , I couldn't bother having a relationship right now 

On 8/26/2023 at 4:06 AM, whereyougo said:

Dont marry an ex prostitute for starters. Her job has been to lie and she is an expert

I used to work for the U.S. of A. government as a federal agent.   Part of my job was to lie too!  ????    

On 8/26/2023 at 8:02 PM, spidermike007 said:

This usually happens to guys who are inexperienced and do not take their time getting to know her. 

How long did you take to get to know her, before you married her, or got serious with her? I always advocate really taking your time here. Time is ALWAYS our ally, and never theirs. So take you time, get to know who they really are, and how they act under duress. The vast majority of Thai people are way immature for their age. And many women and men are emotionally undeveloped, and really just 13 year olds, who look like adults. There is something about this society that does not allow most people to grow up with an understanding of themselves. I think face has something to do with it. The utter refusal to take responsibility for one's actions and the unwillingness to "own" a situation, and man up when you screw up. That and the inability to question people, and situations. And the subsequent lack of curiosity. It is all a perfect storm, when it comes to preventing alot of people from becoming well developed human beings, with communication skills, and the tools needed to conduct meaningful relationships, beyond the surface.

So, the best solution is to move slowly. If she pushes back, explain to her that you need at least a year or two to get to know her. And that is time together, not apart. If that does not suit her, move on. See ya! 

I disagree with you on almost everything. I lived with my wife for a year before getting married. My mistake was letting her move to the village. Before that we were happy, but her sister wanted her to divorce me and marry someone that gave them lots of money ( I didn't ), so eventually the marriage failed.

If I had the opportunity to do it over, I'd only get a village wedding, so she knew I could walk away at any time, I would not give her any money, but pay the bills.

We'd never live anywhere near the family- as far away as possible and no spare room for them to stay in.

I didn't build her a house or buy her a car or anything like that, as I wasn't that daft.

She worked for her money, and I'd never have given her an "allowance".

I got taken worse financially by my first western partner, so I did learn some lessons, but people change, no matter how we "research" them before getting married. My wife was lovely for years, till the family got to her, then it all changed.

On 8/29/2023 at 7:21 AM, daveAustin said:

Did similar regards mortgage/car. Each to their own but why did you feel the need to get married at all? It’s not compulsory. Thailand is one of the best places to be single in… this coming from a non-mongerer perspective. 

Can't speak for anyone else, but I got married because I thought that way I'd have sex all the time without trawling the bars every night.

I was wrong.

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2023 at 5:47 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

"Different" to who ?

"Different" to guys who cheat on their partner ?

Yes, I am different to those people(who cheat) 

Are you different to the guys who don't cheat ?

LOL. I never cheated on my wife, but we got divorced as she became the screaming harpie from hell.

On 8/27/2023 at 2:02 AM, observer90210 said:

I would not mix tablecloths with napkins. Sorry for the metaphor !!... The point is that sadly some believe one can buy indisputable loyalty, love, full submission in the kitchen and bed.... thanks to a good exchange rate !!

I never expected my wife to "love" me, but I was more than a little PO'd when she stopped having sex, with me.

NB. One does not need to love someone to have sex, and it's normal for wives to have sex with their husband. Part of being married, isn't it?

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never expected my wife to "love" me, but I was more than a little PO'd when she stopped having sex, with me.

I expected my former Brit wife to love, honour and obey me.

That was her oath before God, I didn't ask her to make it, she was the devout Christian.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I disagree with you on almost everything. I lived with my wife for a year before getting married. My mistake was letting her move to the village. Before that we were happy, but her sister wanted her to divorce me and marry someone that gave them lots of money ( I didn't ), so eventually the marriage failed.

If I had the opportunity to do it over, I'd only get a village wedding, so she knew I could walk away at any time, I would not give her any money, but pay the bills.

We'd never live anywhere near the family- as far away as possible and no spare room for them to stay in.

I didn't build her a house or buy her a car or anything like that, as I wasn't that daft.

She worked for her money, and I'd never have given her an "allowance".

I got taken worse financially by my first western partner, so I did learn some lessons, but people change, no matter how we "research" them before getting married. My wife was lovely for years, till the family got to her, then it all changed.

That is part of the reason I advocate taking your time, and getting the know the family.

But, in terms of disagreeing with everything I write, I think that is so cool. I love that. Imagine if we all agreed with each other? How boring a world that would be. I respect your personal opinions, and that of others. It is what makes life so fascinating.  

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 7:07 AM, radiochaser said:

I used to work for the U.S. of A. government as a federal agent.   Part of my job was to lie too!  ????    

Have you ever known a federal employee of the US govt. who did not lie? Especially those in the 20 so called intelligence departments, which suck up how much money each year? Nobody even knows. One trillion dollars annually, perhaps?

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Have you ever known a federal employee of the US govt. who did not lie? Especially those in the 20 so called intelligence departments, which suck up how much money each year? Nobody even knows. One trillion dollars annually, perhaps?

I lied to those that violated laws, which I was charged to investigate.  Some of those people ended up in prison, because they put other peoples lives in danger, whose job it was to save lives. 

Most of my work involved safety of life and property issues.   There were many times when I would tell someone, or some business, you need to fix this.   Next time I will have to write you up for a violation of fine.  The next time I visited, they were good.    Pissed the boss off because he looked good when there were multiple violations and fines issued from his office.

As to the "so called intelligence departments", most of those work in the various intelligence agencies, never have anything to do with the public.   Their jobs are either to collect the intelligence, or to keep the cogs and wheels turning so that others can do so.  It's the 1% or less (I have no clue of actual numbers) who the public see that are the ones that lie to the public.   Like a large number of "ex" intelligence personnel that were in leader ship positions, that lied to the public a few years ago!  And politicians, like, whose name I do not recall!

And there are those employees that don't lie, to the public, because there is no reason for them to do so, even when they have contact with them. 

Painting everyone with a broad brush, does not present a good argument. 

Edited by radiochaser