Jomtien Immigration

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I never undertsand people who moan about Jomtien immigration. There is free parking near Romphoo 1 minute away or next door for 40 baht. In 17 years of going there 5 times a year i have never waited more than 30 minutes and often only 5-10 minutes. I think they do a great job. What else do people want?

I disagree. I waited hours one time when the lady did not call out my name clearly. She had a really low voice and would not speak up.

They need one of those number light boards like the bank has.

Edited by JimTripper

Actually,  I think a lot are missing the absolute genius here. 

Ill talk to a few large organiaations back in my own country and let them know of the idea of having some desks and staff setup offering service in the car park.  The advantges are obvious.  Brilliant! Outdoor experience,  clean fresh air,  cost savings,  more stream line access to indoors.  Great Fantastic idea. 

" i have never waited more than 30 minutes and often only 5-10 minutes.'

Would you, pls, tell what day and time you go here? What's the trick?

Or do you only go to 90-day reporting outside?

I've been there 3 times for 30-day extension (plus one time when I run out to avoid TM30 fines...) and always had to wait from 4,5 to 7 hours.

I shop nearly daily at Rompho Market and see long lines every time at Immigration.

35 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

jomtien? If so Ill go back and check again and ask why i was told otherwise. I'd much rather do online. 

Ask at Jomtein 10 times if you wish.....you could get up to 10 different answers.

Just do it.

Jomtein will never see the slip - until you go to do your extension application.

I have been doing my 90 days online for 2 years.

22 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Just my opinion even when they first moved to this location I felt it was too small and still do. The proper place really is to be up on the South End of Sukhumvit Eastside where there is plenty of land to build a much bigger facility, parking, instead of jam packing everyone into a building.

Today, I had to make a trip down to Jomtien to speak about a situation. Arriving I see they have been busy doing some modification. The entrance or parking area replaced with tents where everyone had to Q up snake out to the street has been replaced. Facing the building right side tent where one does their 90 days is gone.

What they have done they have constructed on the right side from where the 90 days report with structural buildings 3 big A/C rooms. Right where the 90 days it is now the main Q or information area or starting point, next door is the 90 report and the 3rd room closes to the entrance is the residential certificate room. All the rooms have sitting in A/C condition.

Across, where people use to Q and snake themselves up to the ramp to get inside to the information is gone they are near finished with 3 more rooms outside what they to be not sure? When you enter into the main room where the information booth use to be it is now gone which makes the place much larger. The tourist extension area and multi Entry desk seem longer.

The eating area and the independent visa offices before the public bathroom are still there. 

Interesting but I still rather see them move to a much larger location.

Hope they have improved the most disgusting toilets on the planet. Doubt it after all This is Thailand 

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Ask at Jomtein 10 times if you wish.....you could get up to 10 different answers.

Just do it.

Jomtein will never see the slip - until you go to do your extension application.

I have been doing my 90 days online for 2 years.

Thats what i was afraid of. 

Walking into a situation where tm30 receipt was required then showing how they accepted my online success then them saying tuff luck smart bottom.

Just trying to get to the closer end of certainty. I trust your point though.  Anything can happen. 

Ive actually just sent an email to ask. I guess, if responded to,  a postive answer could then be used as protective evidence if someone tries the old Mr sinister style on me and rejects.  Nothing like black and white evidence when fighting for your cause. Although succesfull online reporting is evidence in itself.  Haha.  Crazy. 

Edited by TimeMachine

1 minute ago, TimeMachine said:

Thats what i was afraid of. 

Walking into a situation where tm30 receipt was required then showing how they accepted my online success then them saying tuff luck smart bottom.

Just trying to get to the closer end of certainty. I trust your point though.  Anything can happen. 

Ive actually just sent an email to ask. I guess, if responded to,  a postive answer could then be used as protective evidence if someone tries the old Mr sinister style on me and rejects.  Nothing like black and white evidence when fighting for your cause. 

Not TM30.........  this is 90 day reporting.

There is no 'cause'.......there is only one 'winner' where Immigration is concerned.

Good luck with your email...............................I have been waiting 3 months for a reply to mine asking about the official time before you can apply for an annual extension.

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Not TM30.........  this is 90 day reporting.

There is no 'cause'.......there is only one 'winner' where Immigration is concerned.

Good luck with your email...............................I have been waiting 3 months for a reply to mine asking about the official time before you can apply for an annual extension.

Ok.  Someone above said tm30 too. I know 90 days stuff is ok. 

22 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Why not have two offices?

I was thinking that. People like me who have a Non O visa and do  90 day reporting  etc. normally have their own transport  so moving their requirements to the Darkside wouldn't normally be a problem.

While tourists would probably benefit from staying where they are are now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I was thinking that. People like me who have a Non O visa and do  90 day reporting  etc. normally have their own transport  so moving their requirements to the Darkside wouldn't normally be a problem.

While tourists would probably benefit from staying where they are are now.

Adding to that they could add a section of the Driving and Vehicle Licensing place to cut down from having to go to the 36.

23 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Was in Sailor Bar (Soi 8 ) last night as I looked out towards the Back of it I could see a sign that said "Immigration Office", why not open this one for 90 Day Reports / Certificate of Residences /TM30 which are pretty straight forward processes & keep Jomtien for the more complex activities like Extensions, Visa Conversions, Visa transfer to new passport etc... 

That is where the Immigration office for Pattaya used to be

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Some want spoonfeeding, some want everything done for them, some just want to bash the Thais. 

Like you, I have never really had any problems with Jomtien, and now 90 day is robust online, only need to visit once a year.

PH

Let me stir the pot a bit since I started the conversation.  No doubt there are people who want to be spoon feeding guess that is why there are visa agents or the reason so many never do any research come on Asean and ask the same questions over and over again. 

As for bashing I can say Im one of them what else to do that take someone weaknesses and have a good laugh on them. But note me and others who I think is a great majority of this board take any thread daily and if your eyes are open will see.  One thing I don't go to sleep thinking tomorrow is Thai bashing day there isn't one individual who can make the claim they don't. 

Then a minority that got their heads in the sand think they love the place so much want it to stay as it is selfish reason because then the exchange rate will always benefit them. Their love or like fluctuate with the baht. 

Personally, I'm not been pamper since 2007, as often it takes I've gone down religiously and did what I needed myself driving my motorbike Darkside near the Lake rain or shine standing in lines being abused verbally by staff at the door because I wasn't standing correctly at the moment. I never had a problem I like to interact and watch people going down watching is very entertaining.  Now with the 90 online working so well at times I get a smile when my application get rejected. 

in spite of my cheerful and patient demeanor no problem with going to Jomtien I stand whole harded the facility itself too small and location to be too conjested for my taste. 

In the end I've not degraded,  called anyone names or argue with them they must side with my views. ????  If they moved it anywhere they got me and everyone that need the Services will need to follow or start using spoon feeding methods the only way that is going to happen is they move immigration up the man's butt T49 has his limits LOL

Edited by thailand49

Location is not the problem. Overcrowding, at least now during off season, isn't the main problem either. When I went there for my exemption extension a few weeks ago, the lines were short. And ,in spite of the fact that all my paperwork was in order, it still took 3 hours and 45 minutes, most of it just sitting around waiting, till I got my passport back.It used to be much faster in the cramped old office on Soi 8.On the bright side, the scowling faces from the old office are all gone. At Jomtien  you even get the occasional smile, which the officers on Soi 8 were forbidden to exhibit. Maybe these guys work faster when they are allowed to scowl and frown. So bring the sour faces back, and get things done again in under one hour. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2023 at 10:17 AM, JimTripper said:

I disagree. I waited hours one time when the lady did not call out my name clearly. She had a really low voice and would not speak up.

They need one of those number light boards like the bank has.

I've never heard Jomtien call someone's name as that's why they give you a ticket with your number on it. Jomtien also had many number boards to tell people what number they are up to. The new TM30 and 90 day report section has a number board in the middle of room and a number box on the counter.

No wonder you missed your turn if you were waiting for your name to be called

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The place is not too big or small IF there were 1 or 2 workers who know what to do.

One pro worker could check everybody's papers ON LINE outside. We were there 2 hours before getting in.

If something's missing give him/her a number (to go & come back w/o new wait) and send them to go to get needed papers.

Now, if something's missing or wrong, a person is wasting 1-2 hours in line before getting in and finding out.

After finally getting inside, and waiting again, they check papers and give a number to "A" or "B" room.

In the room an other person checks papers again and if all is OK gives a number to wait outside. In my case I didn't have a copy of passport's front & back page and was sent to "copying boy" outside the room to get them. There were a long line to him, an other 20min wait. The first guy who checked papers didn't catch missing passport pages...

Then I was called in again, went to pay and give my passport to an other guy in the back room. Then back outside to wait processing.

By now I've been there for 5 hours.... and it was an other 2h to get my passport back w extension approved.

I may tell something wrong or missing but it was 35+ C and not enough water... I was getting dizzy.

If I didn't have years of quality training in Van Nuys DMV (California Department of Motor Vehicles) I don't think I couldn't handle it. Luckily I had, training run by Russian Armenian.

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I've never heard Jomtien call someone's name as that's why they give you a ticket with your number on it. Jomtien also had many number boards to tell people what number they are up to. The new TM30 and 90 day report section has a number board in the middle of room and a number box on the counter.

No wonder you missed your turn if you were waiting for your name to be called

I believe that when you wait to get your reentry permit done and have your passport back, they call out your name only. This may have changed now since I did it last time.