Jomtien Immigration

9 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No thanks. I like it just where it is, and having used this office since 2006, I've never really had any problems with overcrowding. You have to go at the right time of the day/week. The current improvements are very good and make things a lot easier and quicker. Most expats only need to apply for an extension once a year, and reporting has always been quick and easy.

Moving it to the East side of Sukhumvit is a bad idea as most of the "business" is from tourists who would have a problem getting to the East Side.

I couldn't disagree more with your opinion but it is your right. 

When it comes to Immigration if you need it your going to travel to get it.  Transportation it will develope on it own so will other businesses that it will serve. Tourist wherever will find its way no different than those who aren't tourist. 

You take a location like one of the Thai oil gas stations. Place the Immigration building in the back with parking can sub lease to other business,  gas station,  KFC, Watson,  Amazon Coffee, Mini Tops,  long list which equal Baht on top of Baht it becomes a center.  And if they get a happy ending with Immigration they can with maybe a Massage shop renting. They can thank me later!????

Edited by thailand49
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I couldn't disagree more with your opinion but it is your right. 

When it comes to Immigration if you need it your going to travel to get it.  Transportation it will develope on it own so will other businesses that it will serve. Tourist wherever will find its way no different than those who aren't tourist. 

I'm not surprised you disagree as you started a thread about... but you could have disagreed a bit less. The location currently is convenient for all tourists and most expats. It will never move to the Dark Side.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I'm not surprised you disagree as you started a thread about... but you could have disagreed a bit less. The location currently is convenient for all tourists and most expats. It will never move to the Dark Side.

Why! I could also ask you to do the same.  Being on Sukhumvit it is in the middle start of the Darkside. You would be surprise the volume of expats on the Darkside I wouldn't use the volume most that freely. 

you are right they will never! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Why not have two offices?

Was in Sailor Bar (Soi 8 ) last night as I looked out towards the Back of it I could see a sign that said "Immigration Office", why not open this one for 90 Day Reports / Certificate of Residences /TM30 which are pretty straight forward processes & keep Jomtien for the more complex activities like Extensions, Visa Conversions, Visa transfer to new passport etc... 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

why not open this one for 90 Day Reports / Certificate of Residences /TM30 which are pretty straight forward processes & keep Jomtien for the more complex activities like Extensions, Visa Conversions, Visa transfer to new passport etc... 

Jomtein already have a separate line or 90 days.

90 Days and TM30 can be done online.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Interesting but I still rather see them move to a much larger location.

Location is not the problem. The problem is the main building being too small. It should be a multi-story office building.

The solution now is to keep the Q  outside , once you have entered the main building, everything moved very fast.

I tried to avoid the long Q by not going on Monday, Friday, anyday before or after a holiday. Also don't show up all at once at opening hour.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

Yes, spotted that when I was there last week doing my extension & in fairness to them the 90 day queue seemed to be moving pretty quickly.

But was thinking that just like Bangkok moved some services (90 Day, TM30,  Extension to Visa Exempt) from CW/MTT to IT Square/Laksa Plaza, maybe Jomtien could do something similar & so split the queues across 2 sites.

44 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

Location is not the problem. The problem is the main building being too small. It should be a multi-story office building.

The solution now is to keep the Q  outside , once you have entered the main building, everything moved very fast.

I tried to avoid the long Q by not going on Monday, Friday, anyday before or after a holiday. Also don't show up all at once at opening hour.

The location  is the problem not for many because they don't live on the Soi. Isn't that convienent for those who don't there is no parking so a multi level doesn't nothing for the area again.  

Having such heavy traffic in a mix use area would never pass an environmental review except here because there isn't any. Even with the add on just wait for high season. All they done is take people from outside better sorting into a limited A/C seating room. 

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Why! I could also ask you to do the same.  Being on Sukhumvit it is in the middle start of the Darkside. You would be surprise the volume of expats on the Darkside I wouldn't use the volume most that freely. 

you are right they will never! 

For sure the expat volume on the bright side of Sukhumvit is much higher than on the dark side, but tourists are the predominant "business" of the Jomtien office, which is in a very good location, just off 2nd Road Jomtien, so the Dark Side expats will be able to get there quite easily as most expats living way over there have their own transport.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

For sure the expat volume on the bright side of Sukhumvit is much higher than on the dark side, but tourists are the predominant "business" of the Jomtien office, which is in a very good location, just off 2nd Road Jomtien, so the Dark Side expats will be able to get there quite easily as most expats living way over there have their own transport.

Expat, Tourist, agents, using Immigration services will have to go whether it is convenient or not just like when it was on Soi Nine to Jomtien.

If it was to move further down Beach rd,  Jomtien or 2nd Rd Jomtien if one need the services will get to the location convienent or not. 

In the end the current facility the lot is too small to accommodate the volume of visitor or congestion. That is the final take as to my opinion on the facility location my report was more to inform others of the current work being done to improve? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I've never really had any problems with overcrowding. You have to go at the right time of the day/week.

You have to go at the right time of the day/week because of the overcrowding. In other words, the overcrowding has affected you because you have to go at specific times to dodge it, not at any time the place is open.

Again, no big deal if you can work around it, and I'm glad they are doing things to address the problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thailand J said:

90 Days and TM30 can be done online.

TM30. I thought could be done online too and actually got a  successful message when I tried,  but after checking with staff at Jomtien if its all done and dusted,  they said, no, must line up and get paper receipt. 

It really does seem people take joy in the hassle put to others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

TM30. I thought could be done online too and actually got a  successful message when I tried,  but after checking with staff at Jomtien if its all done and dusted,  they said, no, must line up and get paper receipt. 

It really does seem people take joy in the hassle put to others.

You should down load and print the receipt after successfully filing online.

• Like 2

It's not difficult to park on beach road and on Second Road M-F.

The bath bus route is close by, 10B or 20B if you had to park too far.

Of all the visits to the immigration, I have never ever seen the 40B parking lot across the immigration office being full. As I've said, avoid Mondays, Fridays and anyday before and after a holiday, don't show up in a herd at the opening house.

Edited by Thailand J
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Woof999 said:

You have to go at the right time of the day/week because of the overcrowding. In other words, the overcrowding has affected you because you have to go at specific times to dodge it, not at any time the place is open.

Again, no big deal if you can work around it, and I'm glad they are doing things to address the problem.

Yes, right now being low season, things shouldn't be too bad, but we will have to wait until Nov/Dec/Jan , to see what happens, if there is a high season this year?

51 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

You should down load and print the receipt after successfully filing online.

The staff put it as if online cannot do.  Must go to office??  I dunno why.  Have you shown such a receipt to staff and asked if its acceptable? 

4 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Yes, right now being low season, things shouldn't be too bad, but we will have to wait until Nov/Dec/Jan , to see what happens, if there is a high season this year?

Why do you think there would not be?

Did you experience Jomtein in Januray/February this year?

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Why do you think there would not be?

Did you experience Jomtein in Januray/February this year?

Yes i did, very busy. I am sure there will be a high season, I was just wandering because now everywhere is open. other countries I mean, how 'high' this year will be! Bearing in mind the high season last year, just gone, Dec/Jan/Feb was first time after covid  Thailand was really open and I am sure people were eager to travel. Also airfares remain high!

23 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Yes i did, very busy. I am sure there will be a high season, I was just wandering because now everywhere is open. other countries I mean, how 'high' this year will be! Bearing in mind the high season last year, just gone, Dec/Jan/Feb was first time after covid  Thailand was really open and I am sure people were eager to travel. Also airfares remain high!

I am pretty sure that it will be busy again this year.....maybe not such an impact from the Russians, but I think the post Covid bar has been set - most people will suck up the airfares, they weren't cheap this year.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I never undertsand people who moan about Jomtien immigration. There is free parking near Romphoo 1 minute away or next door for 40 baht. In 17 years of going there 5 times a year i have never waited more than 30 minutes and often only 5-10 minutes. I think they do a great job. What else do people want?

If you do the 90 day report online only need to go once a year.

• Like 1