3-day hotel booking ok for SETV from Laos?

Hi all, I have an appointment at Vientiane tomorrow and want to know if a 3-day hotel booking in Thailand and proof of a flight out within 60 days will suffice to meet the itinerary requirements, or do they want to see hotel bookings for the entire stay?

That seems to be somewhat flexible and might depend on things such as your nationality and history as a tourist in Thailand.

Chances are you'll be fine, and could be remedied quickly otherwise, by making a "pay later" or refundable booking that can later be canceled.

Please report back how it went.

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

That seems to be somewhat flexible and might depend on things such as your nationality and history as a tourist in Thailand.

Chances are you'll be fine, and could be remedied quickly otherwise, by making a "pay later" or refundable booking that can later be canceled.

Please report back how it went.

Thanks Caldera. I've booked 3 nights at a hotel in Udon Thani upon my return so I can visit a friend near there. Hope that's enough. Will update the forum on what happens. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/29/2023 at 8:30 AM, steve0101 said:

Hi all, I have an appointment at Vientiane tomorrow and want to know if a 3-day hotel booking in Thailand and proof of a flight out within 60 days will suffice to meet the itinerary requirements, or do they want to see hotel bookings for the entire stay?

The Thai Consulate in Vientiane are strict now and you need to submit the requirements for the tourist visa as stated on their website.

However as your recent history of staying in Thailand long time... and the fact that you have already used your 2 land border entries into Thailand this calendar year, you need to prepare for your application for the tourist visa be DENIED  .. and IF that happens what NEXT?

You stated in a recent reply...

"Hmmm, my history has been back-to-back since 7 December 2022. Already done 2 land-border crossings as well. This is my first application for a 60-day visa though, the rest were fly-ins/exempt. I also just noticed that they have changed the processing times to 3 days. I remember it always being a 2-day affair. "

There have been reports of those who seek the Thai tourist visa be denied for already having been in Thailand with various visas and extensions, including COVID extensions.

Good Luck ????

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, travelerjim said:

However as your recent history of staying in Thailand long time... and the fact that you have already used your 2 land border entries into Thailand this calendar year, you need to prepare for your application for the tourist visa be DENIED  .. and IF that happens what NEXT?

Policy changes at embassies/consulates without notice are always possible. However, based on recent reports, you should be safe applying for a tourist visa in Vientiane. That said, having backup plans is never a bad idea.

1 hour ago, travelerjim said:

Like your post.

Just underlying your point.

When planing a stay similar recipe to the OP....The SETV should have been applied for after his FIRST visa exempt entry (land) .

In worst case of tourist visa denied he could enter on his second visa exempt.

Ace up the sleeve so to speak. 

As for if denied What Next.

He would need to enter via air.

Perhaps CM being his best gamble. 

Or fly to another country eg Vietnam and consider next step. 

Edited by DrJack54