Thai social media uproar over claimed registration of “Pang Cha” trademark

webfact

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Am I the only one who is tired about hearing of "social media uproars" or "angry netizens"? Who are these people, and do they actually have a life? 

I remember a British comedian, I can't remember who right now,  once said,  "If a tweet cost a much as sending a letter there would be a lot less complaining".

And no you're not the the only one. 

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Since when do Thais care about trademarks

IMG_20230830_060404.jpg

You're missing the point.  It's foreign trademarks they don't care about. You try brewing a beer and call it Chong using the same script and design as Chang. Then you'll see the difference. 

It's the same as flags. It's extremely rude and not allowed to have a Thai flag on shorts as you'll be sitting on it. Similar for a doormat. A US or UK flag is a different matter. I don't care to be honest but trying to explain the hypocrisy to my wife a few years back was pointless. Her argument was "but it's my national flag".

I did get some success, although it'll be long forgotten now, with copied CDs we saw for sale. They were all of western musicians. I said imagine they were Carabao. For that moment she understood. 

Edited by kimamey