Depression that black dog

Is can help the brother or the sister of may help?

"Will you have sex with me?" 

"I may". Bit of a downer.

I'm not making light of anyone's very real problems, tho that has sure worked for me with my own problems. 'Can't fault a single thing you or Wiggy have to say.

On 8/30/2023 at 6:19 AM, BritManToo said:

An early morning walk outside every day will soon sort you out.

Agreed.  You do have to fight hard to do a simple thing. Schedule some simple tasks and do them like clockwork. 

Ignore idiots who are feeling fine.  They then think you should be fine.  Chemistry in the brain changes. You can just accept it and agree to yourself to fight it out and that its ok to feel <deleted>.  The most likely outcome is you will feel better in time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

This is the squishy language of alternative medicine losers, liars, and dimwits.

What about the Power of Prayer? I'll bet that can work too.

You got some reading to do

Vitamin D

Vitamin B ,,,,,,

Lithium water, Lithium oretate can work

Omega have multiple researches who prove it works, and a few can work

Placebo have pier viewed researchers it can work. 

In critical phases for those who needs it, approved medicine is for many needed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Long term treatment medicaments for depression have been in many cases proved to be both lethal and toxic physically and mentally. 

Medicine for mental illness is still try and fail when it comes to long term, and need careful follow up during years, and are no quick fix. 

If you have followed the science behind mental treatments you would had been a bit more enlightened when it comes to placebo, and not only placebo for psychiatric patients, also for other cases in medicine. 

If you are interested some quality google searches on clinical studies placebo.

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you are interested some quality google searches on clinical studies placebo.

Please kill me first. But best of luck with your thing.

I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life, so leave this thread to what my mother (from Brixton) used to call Gloomy Gus's.

9 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Please kill me first. But best of luck with your thing.

I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life, so leave this thread to what my mother (from Brixton) used to call Gloomy Gus's.

Good luck

Apparently they still do shock treatment in Australia

,I thought this had he banned in Australia but talking to a guy in the gym today he said his father had  received shock treatment as a last resort in a private psych hospital

He also suffered very severe depression and had no idea why 

Edited by georgegeorgia

23 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Not true really because their last question is 'do you think about suicide? That confirms depression.

Not so. I've thought about suicide, as past posts would confirm, but I'm not depressed. I just don't see the point in hanging around in the mad world we humans have created for ourselves. I haven't tried because it's actually quite hard to succeed and ending up a vegie isn't my idea of a better life.

I've had counselling provided by the NHS and not once did they ask me if I wanted to off myself.

8 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Apparently they still do shock treatment in Australia

,I thought this had he banned in Australia but talking to a guy in the gym today he said his father had  received shock treatment as a last resort in a private psych hospital

He also suffered very severe depression and had no idea why 

No reason shock treatment should be banned if done by a properly trained person. I've seen it done a few times and it's not at all barbarous.

If it works, why not?

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

Is can help the brother or the sister of may help?

"Will you have sex with me?" 

"I may". Bit of a downer.

LOL. Reminds me of the time I thought I was going to get lucky in Antarctica. She said "I would but I haven't got any condoms left".

Sadly, Antarctic bases back then didn't stock condoms as women were a pretty rare breed.

The few we had on base were popular, to say the very least. Regular queens of all they surveyed.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not so. I've thought about suicide, as past posts would confirm, but I'm not depressed. I just don't see the point in hanging around in the mad world we humans have created for ourselves. I haven't tried because it's actually quite hard to succeed and ending up a vegie isn't my idea of a better life.

I've had counselling provided by the NHS and not once did they ask me if I wanted to off myself.

You seem depressed…

Edited by NextG

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No I suffer from melancholia which could be easily confused with depression.

I used to think I was depressed, and I may have been but not for long.

Really? Who confuses it? You have ‘black bile’?

You’ll find that ‘melancholy’ is listed as a symptom of major depression in the 21st century. Did the 20th century not arrive for you? Who still blames ‘black bile’ for their troubles?

You’ll find that ‘melancholy’ is listed as a symptom of major depression in the 21st century. Did the 20th century not arrive for you? Who still blames ‘black bile’ for their troubles?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Reminds me of the time I thought I was going to get lucky in Antarctica. She said "I would but I haven't got any condoms left".

Sadly, Antarctic bases back then didn't stock condoms as women were a pretty rare breed.

The few we had on base were popular, to say the very least. Regular queens of all they surveyed.

Just say how about a bj then?

On 8/30/2023 at 12:17 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Even insurance companies don't have a illness called depression if you look close ,it has to have a meaning 

Maybe not but I'd do a lot of thinking before you put it on the record by seeing a doctor - you could have problems with insurance in the future.

Regarding depression in general - I used to be a bit like your brother/workmates.  I didn't believe in depression and regarded people who said they were depressed as malingerers (I still do to a certain extent with those that use it as an excuse to claim benefits in the UK). However, a few years ago, following multiple serious personal upheavals and then a potentially terminal cancer diagnosis - it hit me and I now accept that it is very real.

I stopped going out, quit my job, didn't want to do anything, didn't open my mail - in fact I struggled to do anything and only shopped when I was completely out of food.  With huge reluctance, I was persuaded to see my doctor by friends and family.  My doc wanted me to see a shrink and recommended anti-depressant drugs which I said I would consider.

OK, you state that yours is depression without a reason but maybe my way of tackling it will work for you, it did for me.

I woke up one morning, about a week after I saw the doctor and just thought - "I'm not going to let this beat me, I'm stronger than that.  I thought about my illness - my oncologist said she was going for a cure but warned me that the teatment only had a small chance of success and I was pretty far gone.  I asked her for an off record honest bet to which she replied - 2 - 4 years, meaning I probably had 2 to 4 years left to live.  F..... it, if I've only got 2-4 years left, am I going to waste that time sitting with my head in my hands thinking about all my woes?  I certainly was not!

Its not easy, you have to make yourself do everything - I decided that doing everything by the clock was best for me.  I got up at the same time every day, excercised, went back to work, ate, slept and even relaxed - all by the clock. every day.  I still didn't want to do anything, I just made myself do it.  I put all negative thoughts out of my head and refused to associate with negative people.  I can't be 100% sure but I think the excercise did the most good.

I started seeing the results almost immediately which gave me the impetous to carry on and just a few months later I was back to my old self. Depression will never enter my life again - because I won't let it.  As it happens my cancer treatment worked far better than expected and stunned my onclogist (now 8 years and counting). I'll probably never be completely out of the woods but at the moment I have no problems.  I've talked to several people about this - mostly healthcare professionals and they all say that although there is no clinical evidence, they believe that in many cases, a positive mindset contributes to curing cancer. I think it also works for depression

As for anti-depressants - not for me, they may work for some but I regard them as a crutch and I prefer walking without one.  They can also be highy addictive.

Give it some thought, kick yourself up the a r se and do as people have told you - snap out of it! To quote an old cliche: 'This is real life, you only get one chance at it, there are no rehearsals'.  It worked for me, it may work for you but you've really got to make yourself do it - even when you really don't want to.

Can you afford to waste one more day with your head in your hands?

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Apparently they still do shock treatment in Australia,I thought this had he banned but talking to a guy in the gym today he said his father was received shock treatment as a last resort in a private psych hospital

Yep forced on my family member too. Last resort sort of thing though. Im not totally against the idea because after a grandmal seizure i feel pretty relaxed.