Songs That Cheer You Up?

Neeranam

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have read that the Russians tortuted Ukrainian victims by forcing them to listen to music non-stop. They choose songs from ABBA for that ???? (no joke, this is what they wrote). Must have been terrible.

Edited by moogradod
  • Haha 1

Just now, xylophone said:

I was meaning the piano exit by Derek and the Dominoes which played at the end of the movie "Goodfellas".........sorry.

I meant that one too. They laughed in her face when she asked for a publishing credit.

• Sad 1

On 8/30/2023 at 10:58 AM, Neeranam said:

Whenever I am feeling low, I listen to depressing songs which actually cheer me up. I also listen to uplifting songs and ones that I have fond memories of. Here is one that reminds me how good my life is. When I heard it first on the radio, re 1990/91 in a drug/alcohol treatment centre in Aberdeen on a  wintery January  day, I thought 'that's what I need' and made it to Thailand a year or so later. 

'Walking on the beaches, looking at the peaches.'????

26 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

'Walking on the beaches, looking at the peaches.'????

Saw the Stranglers twice in Aberdeen Capitol, where my mate's father worked on Security. 

Was bizarre struggling to get to the front, fighting the bouncers, ''hey Mr Cheyne, how's it going'' ! 

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Not so much cheer me up but left me aching with laughter was Prayuth singing My Way :cheesy:

Like this you mean?

Back on topic.... this guy's music always brightens me up

Edited by VBF

20 hours ago, VBF said:

Thanks - got everything by the Goons (shows, music, books) and most of Milligan's solo work ????????

With all this talk of The Goons, reminded me of this.

Missed this when originally broadcast in Oct 72, but remember watching it early 90's on a re-run. Definitely one to cheer me up.

Sellers does his Michael Caine impression, "Not many people know that".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RayWright said:

With all this talk of The Goons, reminded me of this.

Missed this when originally broadcast in Oct 72, but remember watching it early 90's on a re-run. Definitely one to cheer me up.

Sellers does his Michael Caine impression, "Not many people know that".

Another brilliant performance proving they hadn't lost it over the years. 

Just HAD to watch it again ????????????

Edited by VBF

10 hours ago, oldies1 said:

For all your 1960s pop needs ???? but NO hits.

I collect obscure 60s pop singles for almost 4 decades.

Lesser known/obscure POP Songs that never made it big, yet had the right ingredients: catchy, melodic, orchestrated ... 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGH9LKqcnLS4z3GxcUunH0g

Thank you ????  There are some crackers on there!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 4:04 PM, moogradod said:

I have read that the Russians tortuted Ukrainian victims by forcing them to listen to music non-stop. They choose songs from ABBA for that ???? (no joke, this is what they wrote). Must have been terrible.

I thought it was the CIA that did that, but not with Abba. I could listen to Abba for hours.

On 8/31/2023 at 8:46 PM, VBF said:

Thanks - got everything by the Goons (shows, music, books) and most of Milligan's solo work ????????

I used to love the Goons and bought a lot of their shows on CD, but Milligan was my least favourite  character.

Sadly, other attractions have taken my time and I haven't listened to them for many years.

Strangely, the best memories of my wife are of when we lived in the village  and I'd sing the Ying Tong song to her as we rode on her m'bike. She just loved that song.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I used to love the Goons and bought a lot of their shows on CD, but Milligan was my least favourite  character.

Sadly, other attractions have taken my time and I haven't listened to them for many years.

Strangely, the best memories of my wife are of when we lived in the village  and I'd sing the Ying Tong song to her as we rode on her m'bike. She just loved that song.

There you go - they're universal.

For me Spike was my comedy hero, and i was lucky enough to meet him once courtesy of a friend who worked for the BBC.

Of course Sellars was also wonderful - who can forget  The Pink Panther!

How about the song Talk, Talk by the group Talk, Talk?

Album name is Talk, Talk

Here's the chorus: 

All you do to me is talk, talk
Talk, talk, talk, talk
Talk, talk, talk, talk

• Like 1