Would You Trust Lazada to Buy Computer?

NoshowJones

37 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...it becomes very difficult to solve or send back".

Huh?  No it doesn't.  What's so difficult about Lazada's return/refund policy for faulty goods?

Recently I received a broken item out of the package. Video opening packet, photos of damage. Refund return was rejected.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

invade, Banana, and other big retailers are better than Lazada.

But don't forget that if, say, the SSD or other single component goes tits up, the whole thing is un-useable. As in a laptop of course.

A mini PC, NUC, and separate monitor would be better.

Cheers.

Excellent answer, but I have no one to help me set anything like that up, I already have an all in one, but it is showing signs of wear as it is now more than four years old now.

All I would have to do is change over the plugs.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Rejected by Lazada?  Don't believe it if that's all there was to it.

You can believe what you want and not going to mention names but I have a broken item upon delivery and the money was paid. Return refund was first approved and then rejected.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...it becomes very difficult to solve or send back".

Huh?  No it doesn't.  What's so difficult about Lazada's return/refund policy for faulty goods?

Maybe another issue is where you live ?

Last month bought a Drum for my Printer - Brothers DR1000 

They sent Brothers DR630... = to long will not fit, reported it and got the return labels,  only the Delivery driver will not take it as most phone/take it to there depot  = phoned they gave me the address of the depot were it must go to

As I live out in the sticks = mostly always buy everything on-line....  the address of the depot is 50 km from were I live to do 100 km return trip will cost far more than the item is worth so it is sat here, it is not the 1st from Lazada or Shopee for that matter

on the other hand re topic buy from Advice is delivered next day. [as was my Brother DR1000 as I needed it

]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Op I'm guessing you will need someone to set up for you, so no not Lazada, a shop with customer service to install and answer questions

I am 50 Ks away from any city so cannot get anyone to come and install. There is a local computer shop but the guy will not come to your house.

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

I have bought 1 new and 2 used laptops from Lazada in the past year. NO issues whatsoever. The last throwaway laptop I bought was Thinkpad X250 which I only paid 2,800 baht. Works great, but it does come with wear and tear and a fake windows 10 copy.

The most expensive electronics I bought from Lazada is a NUC that I urgently needed during Covid-19. And also fitted it with 64Gb memory (I think it came with 512 GB storage). No problem at all. Planning to buy a cheap laptop from AliExpress. 

7 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I am 50 Ks away from any city so cannot get anyone to come and install. There is a local computer shop but the guy will not come to your house.

If you buy a mini computer like BMAX they are ready to run - only have to attach HDMI to your TV or monitor and set the input.  Attach a USB mouse and keyboard and the power supply.  Press on and comes up - believe you have to set local time but that is about it.  Really easy.  I still use a Nokia basic phone but had no trouble setting computer up.  In worst case you could easily take to your local computer buy as will attach to any monitor or TV so fits in pocket (along with power supply cord).

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Excellent answer, but I have no one to help me set anything like that up, I already have an all in one, but it is showing signs of wear as it is now more than four years old now.

Is this some kind of leg pull?! Four years old? ????

Stop messing us around ☺️ Get the (likely) HDD within, swapped with an SSD. That will bring it up to speed for no more than 2k.  
How else can it be ‘showing signs of wear’? Unless it’s a Touchscreen, you wouldn’t be handling it other than it’s Power button. So it should be ‘as new’ other than it’s keyboard and performance. SSD will bring back the performance. A new keyboard is easy. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

What model name and number of your current AIO? From that we can gauge the current level of performance and upgrade-ability and also compare with the new models. 

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

Is this some kind of leg pull?! Four years old? ????

Stop messing us around ☺️ Get the (likely) HDD within, swapped with an SSD. That will bring it up to speed for no more than 2k.  
How else can it be ‘showing signs of wear’? Unless it’s a Touchscreen, you wouldn’t be handling it other than it’s Power button. So it should be ‘as new’ other than it’s keyboard and performance. SSD will bring back the performance. A new keyboard is easy. 

Oh, we have a professional doing their usual stuff, press this, press that, dead easy, blah, blah..........................????...........................????

37 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Doesn't sound like you have an/y options.

Maybe move to city ????

• Confused 1

Just now, transam said:

Oh, we have a professional doing their usual stuff, press this, press that, dead easy, blah, blah..........................????...........................????

What’s the point of this post?

Easy for him to organise a Tech to do the swap, even if it means an hour drive each way. 1k for the drive, 1k for the work. Much more responsive PC. Job done. 

1 minute ago, NextG said:

What’s the point of this post?

Easy for him to organise a Tech to do the swap, even if it means an hour drive each way. 1k for the drive, 1k for the work. Much more responsive PC. Job done. 

See what I mean....................:coffee1:

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

invade, Banana, and other big retailers are better than Lazada.

But don't forget that if, say, the SSD or other single component goes tits up, the whole thing is un-useable. As in a laptop of course.

A mini PC, NUC, and separate monitor would be better.

Cheers.

I do not know what you mean by 'other single component', but if the SSD gets defective, you just put a new one in. But then, what did you mean by 'un-useable'? Do you mean that one cannot use it until it is repaired?

And I do prefer an all-in-one to a mini PC, even though a mini PC is a very good option....

4 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I do not know what you mean by 'other single component', but if the SSD gets defective, you just put a new one in. But then, what did you mean by 'un-useable'? Do you mean that one cannot use it until it is repaired?

And I do prefer an all-in-one to a mini PC, even though a mini PC is a very good option....

Single component = Screen/monitor, CPU, Motherboard, WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, Microphone.....

By Un-useable I mean that it cannot be used. How else could you interpret it please?

I take my NUC mini PC on holiday with me plus an HDMI cable, and it's up and running in the hotel. A mini keyboard/mousepad is handy too.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

See what I mean....................:coffee1:

No.
Are you drunk again? You are beginning to rival the smiths for nonsense posts. 

Post something useful and on-topic or find somewhere else to Troll. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Even swapping the storage drive would mean disassembly and a matter for a more experienced person. Whereas the same with Mini PC might be a matter of removing two screws, easily completed by a novice. 
Which is why I had to suggest that he takes it to the computer shop to get it done. That’s the issue with AIO. A single component failure can render the whole thing useless. 

Absolutely not. And I buy alot of stuff on Lazada. But, I have learned that you avoid them when it comes to most electronics and higher end items. It is all about service. Easier to deal with the big box dealers, who will be there when you need them. 

As an example I recently bought a wine cooler on Lazada, and after about 3 months it broke down. I tried contacting the seller, they told me that the 60-day warranty had expired and there was nothing that they could do for me. I asked could you at least refer me to a repair person that is capable of fixing the unit and accessing parts? No response, so I ended up contacting a local appliance guy who used a thermostat from an old unit to fix my unit and it worked perfect. Problem solved, but not through Lazada and not through the Lazada dealer. Last time. 5,000 baht is my limit with Lazada. A lifetime rule now. 

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

In général i do not see a problem to purchase mail order from any major retailer for cheap stuff.

But for more costly items,. I would definately feel unconfortable with the delivery courrier efficency. Depending on the area, I would not blindly trust the honesty or efficency.

COD could be an alternative and if possible to have it delivered at a pick-up point.

Not to mention that in case of warranty issues, it can be a nightmare to get a refund or replacement, despite many who may argue the opposite.

Thus to keep it safe, I'll may suggest to do it old school. Go to the shop, annoy the salesgirl or guy with my stupid questions for an hour and get your money's worth for the service????.

We have shopped with Lazada for nearly a decade....  indeed, when a seller wants to get out of anything, they can make up all types of excuses and Lazada will follow that... they try different things hopeing you dont have like a video of you packing it and this and that...  one onem is from Nov 2022 and still ongoing with them asking for this  and that and everything..  and its no point saying what as they just come up with another excuse, changing all the time...  including you have the items when they picked them up...  so I see they hope to wear you down, in fact if it wasnt for the fact I am always online they would win....  well win this and that but overall huge loss in the millions as I tell all... not to mention all our purchaces as we have many properties...