Would You Trust Lazada to Buy Computer?

NoshowJones

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Same here. Had it around 6 trouble-free years.

But if after a few months you did have a problem, it may have been hard to get it sorted. But from a reputable outlet, like Advice Computer, I think a problem would be less stressful.........????

As I read quite a lot of the OP's stuff on computers etc, I think he will be better off following my "Advice".........????

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, NextG said:

Is this some kind of leg pull?! Four years old? ????

Stop messing us around ☺️ Get the (likely) HDD within, swapped with an SSD. That will bring it up to speed for no more than 2k.  
How else can it be ‘showing signs of wear’? Unless it’s a Touchscreen, you wouldn’t be handling it other than it’s Power button. So it should be ‘as new’ other than it’s keyboard and performance. SSD will bring back the performance. A new keyboard is easy. 

Already got a new SSD about 2 years ago. Some times it takes ages to start.

1 minute ago, transam said:

But if after a few months you did have a problem, it may have been hard to get it sorted. But from a reputable outlet, like Advice Computer, I think a problem would be less stressful.........????

As I read quite a lot of the OP's stuff on computers etc, I think he will be better off following my "Advice".........????

I bought it from the Lenovo "store", so any Lenovo dealer/repairer would be able to fix it.

45 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Single component = Screen/monitor, CPU, Motherboard, WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, Microphone.....

By Un-useable I mean that it cannot be used. How else could you interpret it please?

I take my NUC mini PC on holiday with me plus an HDMI cable, and it's up and running in the hotel. A mini keyboard/mousepad is handy too.

Oh wow. What an incredibly stupid post.

May I point out to you, that if the SSD in your mini PC gets defective, it will become as un-useable as an all-in=one computer.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

May I point out to you, that if the SSD in your mini PC gets defective, it will become as un-useable as an all-in=one computer.

My post 'incredibly stupid' ?

OK, take away the SSD, which is easy to replace. What about the other components I mentioned.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Note that I never mentioned the SSD.

1 minute ago, hydraides said:

In my Opinion, DON'T DO IT.

Did it before, laptop came with white pixels on the sceen and unable to change to english language.

Bit off-topic, but I was sorting out a laptop for a friend, it's a couple of years old with Windows 11 Home. They could not add another language, switch from Thai to English.

Did a bit of searching, this edition of Windows 11 Home could not have an additional language....????

So be careful what you buy.

Anyhoooo, I installed Windows 11 Pro, then activated it...????

Now has any language they want, plus other stuff...????

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

My post 'incredibly stupid' ?

OK, take away the SSD, which is easy to replace. What about the other components I mentioned.

Single component = Screen/monitor, CPU, Motherboard, WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, Microphone.....

Same.

You imply that users could bring a Mini-PC to a hotel, and then that that hotel has a monitor that can be used through an HDMI cable. Well, what id the hotel does not supply a TV that has an HDMI port, or even, what if the TV in the hotel is also defective?

But the main point is: Mini-PC's are not meant to be brought to hotel rooms. They are basically meant to be used in the same fashion as a desktop.

A Laptop, is what one brings on a trip.

And CPU, motherboards, same. When they get defective, it will disable a Mini-PC a desktop, or an all-in-one, they will all be disabled.

And as for WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, Microphone..... , these just about never happen to be defective.

But you suggest that it could happen, so I will grant you that. But that they might get defective, while on a trip, in a hotel room, and what else.

But my apologies. I might have over-reacted a bit.

Regards

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Note that I never mentioned the SSD.

From your original post:

''But don't forget that if, say, the SSD or other single component goes tits up, the whole thing is un-useable. As in a laptop of course. ''

Even your memory is getting defective....

2 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

From your original post:

''But don't forget that if, say, the SSD or other single component goes tits up, the whole thing is un-useable. As in a laptop of course. ''

Sorry, the RAM is my head is getting defective.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

From your original post:

The point being that they are not at all user friendly. Look at this case alone…the OP is considering the replacement of the whole unit, primarily because of difficulty of him being able to effect any kind of modification of his current device. So having to pay for a new monitor and accept a lower quality of component in order to stay within budget. 
Having separate components that are easy to service, whilst not creating a bigger footprint, would be a better choice. Especially when access to shops is limited. No doubt OP could fit more RAM to an NUC/Mini PC. Whereas I wouldn’t even suggest that he tried with his AIO without seeing which model is involved. 

Just now, NextG said:

The point being that they are not at all user friendly. Look at this case alone…the OP is considering the replacement of the whole unit, primarily because of difficulty of him being able to effect any kind of modification of his current device. So having to pay for a new monitor and accept a lower quality of component in order to stay within budget. 
Having separate components that are easy to service, whilst not creating a bigger footprint, would be a better choice. Especially when access to shops is limited. No doubt OP could fit more RAM to an NUC/Mini PC. Whereas I wouldn’t even suggest that he tried with his AIO without seeing which model is involved. 

Tell him what an AIO is for starters..........????

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

What an extremely nice reply, to an exchange of texts, that did not start very well.

Regards

Thank you. It is so difficult to diagnose anyone's PC problems on a forum. It could be anything causing the problem.

I just reset my W11 NUC, re-installed the apps which Microsoft account did not, and it is as fast as 5..t off a shovel

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Them?  Many bad reports about whom?

I said good and bad reports, and it was about "Advice".

No, you did not, neither did you make any mention of "Advice".   

My comment was to use Lazada's returns system, you commented that "there had been many bad reports about them".  In response to my comment about Lazada the only "them" that you could possibly be referring to could be Lazada.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, rely on Lazada's refund process if what you get is not what you order.

Yes, but would it be wise to spend at least 15,000Bt on a computer from Lazada? How do I know I will not get a second hand upgraded one. I have had bad dealings in the past there and there have been many bad reports about them on this forum.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, you did not, neither did you make any mention of "Advice".   

My comment was to use Lazada's returns system, you commented that "there had been many bad reports about them".  In response to my comment about Lazada the only "them" that you could possibly be referring to could be Lazada.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, rely on Lazada's refund process if what you get is not what you order.

Yes, but would it be wise to spend at least 15,000Bt on a computer from Lazada? How do I know I will not get a second hand upgraded one. I have had bad dealings in the past there and there have been many bad reports about them on this forum.

There is a mix up here, I was answering the post you gave. Was it not something about "Advice"? anyway this debate is over.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, NextG said:

I just replaced the HDD and added RAM to an Acer Aspire 26 AIO, easy job. Installed W11 Pro and it is great. I shall be taking that in a suit case on my next hotel trip, and appreciate all that NextG says. Thanks.

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"i've seen sellers offering machines with a brand new case and used parts inside".

If you've "seen" sellers offering that then you must have seen the description also as that's the only way that you could know from a Laz/Shopee ad.    If they're describing the item as new with used parts inside, the responsibility of whether or not to buy rests with the buyer.   

reviews. ????

#

20 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

'Advice' computers appear to be expanding. Everytime I've been in one, there was a 'tech' guy present in addition to the sales staff. They do on-line sales too.  

For the OP, I bought my desktop computer HP and printer "Brother " at Lazada and I am very happy

but because Advice has "tech" ( and I have one near my home ) I wonder if they could replace my mother board , because I have Win 10 and good items  inside my computer and I don't want to buy a new computer just to install Win 11 in two years

you think they can do it ( replace motherboard and prepare it for Win 11 , i am not sure of myself ),  as said above, I have an HP desktop , very good 

thanks 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, roietfortress said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"i've seen sellers offering machines with a brand new case and used parts inside".

If you've "seen" sellers offering that then you must have seen the description also as that's the only way that you could know from a Laz/Shopee ad.    If they're describing the item as new with used parts inside, the responsibility of whether or not to buy rests with the buyer.   

Expand  

reviews.

Right...so, in fact, you're claim was false, you haven't seen that, you're just quoting hearsay.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Buy from a LazMall or other known source.  It is a bad seller - not Lazada - that can be an issue.  Read (several times) and make sure they have a record and sales.  As said most of the major computer stores have sales on Lazada platform.

What is LazMail? Where are they located?

• Sad 1