Would You Trust Lazada to Buy Computer?

NoshowJones

On 8/30/2023 at 5:39 PM, NextG said:

No.
Are you drunk again? You are beginning to rival the smiths for nonsense posts. 

Post something useful and on-topic or find somewhere else to Troll. 

It does seem to a habit of his now. Mostly he seems to just want to argue. Seldom offers any real advice but never misses a chance to criticize anybody that does. Likes to facetiously call them 'professionals'. Of course sometimes they actually are.

Note that he will extend such bickering forever if you respond.

• Like 1

Like it's been said above, all the major shops like Banana IT, JIB and others have a presence on Lazada. But why would you want to go through that extra layer when you can order directly from them. Any claims would have to go through Lazada, and that can be a real pain in the neck. I should know, been there.

Last PC item I ordered was a motherboard from JIB. 2 hours after they received the payment, I got an email with a video of the item being packed. To my surprise, it arrived the next day. And I don't live in BKK.

Likewise, had a warranty claim with JIB once. Send the item back, received the replacement within a week, no questions asked.

It's just not worth the saving of a 100 baht or so to buy from an unknown seller.

But absolutely the best in terms of support is invadeit.co.th

Mind you, slightly more expensive than others, but well worth it if you run into problems.

• Thanks 2

I have been buying from Lazada now for 7/8 years.

Never had a problem.

From a digital piano to a pair of flip flops.

I have bought that many things from Lazada that I cannot how items.

I have never had to return anything.

Refunds are fast.

No problems at all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

I have been buying from Lazada now for 7/8 years.

Never had a problem.

From a digital piano to a pair of flip flops.

I have bought that many things from Lazada that I cannot how items.

I have never had to return anything.

Refunds are fast.

No problems at all.

Are you sure about refunds are fast, because mine were not, there is even a waiting time for the a to respond....????

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/30/2023 at 3:47 PM, dingdongrb said:

I am not sure who it was but I did take someone's advice and bought a BMAX 3+ a few months ago. I connected it to my existing 55" LED TV via HDMI and I can surely say it's a great little unit. 

NOTE: I bought it on Lazada,  fast delivery and no issues.

I've had a "BMax 2+" for several years and while it's a good value, mine has had several issues, the main one being the version of Windows (in my case Win-10Pro) they pre-install.  I don't know if it's a licensed copy or just a mirror copy but every time there was a Windows update, there were problems getting it to properly install and run.  Finally, after an update, it crashed, wouldn't open Windows.  The only thing I could do was do a total re-set and clean Windows 10 install from a legitimate source.

I used it connected via HDMI to a TV.  Often the TV would not see the HDMI on start-up, necessitating several re-starts. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you sure about refunds are fast, because mine were not, there is even a waiting time for the a to respond....????

I have had refunds to my Wallet before the delivery man picked up the returned item.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I have had refunds to my Wallet before the delivery man picked up the returned item.

I made a purchase and cancelled within minutes early in the month.... had to wait for the next billing cycle on my credit card before refund showed.

So yeah 26 days for refund.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Like it's been said above, all the major shops like Banana IT, JIB and others have a presence on Lazada. But why would you want to go through that extra layer when you can order directly from them. Any claims would have to go through Lazada, and that can be a real pain in the neck. I should know, been there.

Last PC item I ordered was a motherboard from JIB. 2 hours after they received the payment, I got an email with a video of the item being packed. To my surprise, it arrived the next day. And I don't live in BKK.

Likewise, had a warranty claim with JIB once. Send the item back, received the replacement within a week, no questions asked.

It's just not worth the saving of a 100 baht or so to buy from an unknown seller.

But absolutely the best in terms of support is invadeit.co.th

Mind you, slightly more expensive than others, but well worth it if you run into problems.

Usually discounts, lazada promoted deal days combined with thai credit cards promotions, and a cashback promotion, can sometimes knock 5-10% off vs buying on the Banana/JIB site directly.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

In my experience refunds very fast to my US bank card (cancel or unshipped items).  Suspect defective or returned items might not be.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

I made a purchase and cancelled within minutes early in the month.... had to wait for the next billing cycle on my credit card before refund showed.

So yeah 26 days for refund.

Did US debit card in July and refund was in account within 3 days (next business day) but believe they say 15-30 days.  Believe that next cycle is credit card accounting.

Edited by lopburi3
correct information

Are you married to the "desktop" configuration. I can only see negatives compared to the 17" Mac Book Pro, max RAM, max HD will last you 5 years and has Applecare that actually supports you until the issue is fixed. There are no PCs I have found that have anything close. Try calling Acer/Toshiba/IBM support! The Mac will get about 5yrs trouble free and it is PORTABLE (have you ever taken/moved a desktop computer/monitor anywhere?)

PS I can understand abandoning your old desktop in a computer repair place, but who leaves a laptop anywhere? Pretty easy to carry/pick up. The Biden Jnr stuff sounds fishy to me, but what doesn't in Yank politics?

IH

Edited by Datsun 1200
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2023 at 2:26 PM, KannikaP said:

invade, Banana, and other big retailers are better than Lazada.

But don't forget that if, say, the SSD or other single component goes tits up, the whole thing is un-useable. As in a laptop of course.

A mini PC, NUC, and separate monitor would be better.

Cheers.

i disagree whole heartedly.

On 8/30/2023 at 2:17 PM, NoshowJones said:

I have been trying to buy an All in One desktop computer. Power Buy in both Nakhon Sawan and Phichit only sell laptops, I saw one in IT City I wanted to buy there and then.

The sales girl said I have to wait till "mechanic" in her words comes sometime in the afternoon before I can buy. That sort of service is no use to me, what is the salesgirl there for anyway? I just wonder how that store stays in business.

Apart from going to Bangkok, Lazada has what I want, but I just don't trust their sellers, I know there is a way you can check a sellers background, but This is Thailand and money can buy anything, probably even good reports.

Going by looking through Lazada's AIO's the cheaper ones have no warranty, I would not buy anything like these anyway, but the one's at about 15,000Bt upwards usually have a sellers warranty of two years, the ones I have seen in the shops have a three years warranty in store.

Any advice anyone?

Replying to the topic title, I would like to point out that Lazada isn't selling anything,

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

This combo from Lazada, better than almost any AIO you'll find for under B20K

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.kMnSF

8gb/512 sufficient, 16gb/512 better

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/wanke-24-144hz-27-4k-2k-19201080-hd-led-19-i4692565385-s19549227135.html?   I have the 27" version of this monitor and it is very good.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/logitech-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-mk235-i160579425-s193390932.html?

Almost any pair of cheap PC speakers will be better than what you will get with an AIO

14 hours ago, Datsun 1200 said:

Are you married to the "desktop" configuration. I can only see negatives compared to the 17" Mac Book Pro, max RAM, max HD will last you 5 years and has Applecare that actually supports you until the issue is fixed. There are no PCs I have found that have anything close. Try calling Acer/Toshiba/IBM support! The Mac will get about 5yrs trouble free and it is PORTABLE (have you ever taken/moved a desktop computer/monitor anywhere?)

PS I can understand abandoning your old desktop in a computer repair place, but who leaves a laptop anywhere? Pretty easy to carry/pick up. The Biden Jnr stuff sounds fishy to me, but what doesn't in Yank politics?

IH

My PC is like Triggers broom, must be 15 years old now, works great, but, but unlike the OP, I can and like messing about with it............:stoner:

1 hour ago, transam said:

My PC is like Triggers broom, must be 15 years old now, works great, but, but unlike the OP, I can and like messing about with it............:stoner:

September 2008 and same base spec? If you've replaced the motherboard then I wouldn't necessary call it the same PC, as that probably means upgrade  processor a few generations and DDR2 -> DDR3 - > DDR4 etc... 

16 minutes ago, circa02 said:

September 2008 and same base spec? If you've replaced the motherboard then I wouldn't necessary call it the same PC, as that probably means upgrade  processor a few generations and DDR2 -> DDR3 - > DDR4 etc... 

Google "Triggers Broom"..................????

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

I'm in the market myself. Please let us know about delivery, packaging etc. Also, how easy it is to set up and go?

Everything great. Got my new AIO. Very easy to set up, I did it all by myself despite one idiotic poster who thinks I should stick to writing on a notebook.

• Like 1