Would You Trust Lazada to Buy Computer?

NoshowJones

I have been trying to buy an All in One desktop computer. Power Buy in both Nakhon Sawan and Phichit only sell laptops, I saw one in IT City I wanted to buy there and then.

The sales girl said I have to wait till "mechanic" in her words comes sometime in the afternoon before I can buy. That sort of service is no use to me, what is the salesgirl there for anyway? I just wonder how that store stays in business.

Apart from going to Bangkok, Lazada has what I want, but I just don't trust their sellers, I know there is a way you can check a sellers background, but This is Thailand and money can buy anything, probably even good reports.

Going by looking through Lazada's AIO's the cheaper ones have no warranty, I would not buy anything like these anyway, but the one's at about 15,000Bt upwards usually have a sellers warranty of two years, the ones I have seen in the shops have a three years warranty in store.

Any advice anyone?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Definitely, 'Advice' computer shop is the way to go! 

I went to their shop in FortuneTown in BKK on a weekend a couple months back... The sales staff there were terrible and didn't appear to know their XXXX from their XXXX when it came to computers. I wouldn't go back there...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I went to their shop in FortuneTown in BKK on a weekend a couple months back... The sales staff there were terrible and didn't appear to know their XXXX from their XXXX when it came to computers. I wouldn't go back there...

That sounds like an in-mall store?, you'll need to find their  Main shop in what ever city you live

• Thumbs Up 1

JiB is a well known computer store all over Thailand, they have their own website here, and you can order online:  Jib website

And they sell on Lazada, and you can even chat with them before purchase;

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/jib-computer-group/?spm=a2o4m.pdp_revamp.delivery_options.1.6e5e5ea1kTbct0&itemId=330896869&channelSource=pdp

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, roietfortress said:

with buying tech on Lazada or Shopee is to make sure all components are new. i've seen sellers offering machines with a brand new case and used parts inside.

"i've seen sellers offering machines with a brand new case and used parts inside".

If you've "seen" sellers offering that then you must have seen the description also as that's the only way that you could know from a Laz/Shopee ad.    If they're describing the item as new with used parts inside, the responsibility of whether or not to buy rests with the buyer.   

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As believe I posted elsewhere I bought a BMAX 3 and a 32 inch ViewSonic monitor on Lazada a few months ago to replace an old all in one system and am very happy with the set up.  No noise and a unit that could be put into a large pocket and attached to hotel TV.

I am not sure who it was but I did take someone's advice and bought a BMAX 3+ a few months ago. I connected it to my existing 55" LED TV via HDMI and I can surely say it's a great little unit. 

NOTE: I bought it on Lazada,  fast delivery and no issues.

• Like 2

Why would you avoid Lazada? They have official stores from most large computer companies. If you go to their official store or to LazMall, that should always show manufacturer's warranty that comes with the device. There are also shops like IT City, ChiChang Computer, etc. that have stores in Lazada and provide genuine hardware with all the same warranties as in store. I've received product that was defective (minor visual annoyance) which the shop accepted as a return, opened the new one in store and showed it off in a video to make sure replacement had no issues, before shipping it to me.

So it's not really about Lazada or not Lazada. It's about store you choose on their platform (or any other platform) which either is trustworthy or it's not. So if you know the brand, model, shop price, shop warranty - then the online shops should offer same for same or very similar price. If you get any weird price offers and the full price is totally off, sending from overseas, and shop having only a few or no reviews and named after what keyboard outputs when cat walks over it... then stay away. Especially if it says Brand: OEM or None at the bottom of the description.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I have heard of mixed reports regarding Advice, some good and some bad.

32 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, rely on Lazada's refund process if what you get is not what you order.

Yes, but would it be wise to spend at least 15,000Bt on a computer from Lazada? How do I know I will not get a second hand upgraded one. I have had bad dealings in the past there and there have been many bad reports about them on this forum.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes, but would it be wise to spend at least 15,000Bt on a computer from Lazada? How do I know I will not get a second hand upgraded one. I have had bad dealings in the past there and there have been many bad reports about them on this forum.

Buy from a LazMall or other known source.  It is a bad seller - not Lazada - that can be an issue.  Read (several times) and make sure they have a record and sales.  As said most of the major computer stores have sales on Lazada platform.

• Thumbs Up 2