Would You Trust Lazada to Buy Computer?

NoshowJones

@NoshowJones

Already stated, buy from producer site, or linked authorized reseller.

Know your product & specs, and if they make computer or assemble computers.

They should have & honor 'worldwide' warranties, and should be at least 1, or 2 yrs.

ASUS fan, and they usually have 2 yr warranty, as our present & past units (4) have.  All still work 14 yrs on, though upgraded with each new purchase.  Latest just over 2 yrs old/July.

Saying that, ASUS (TH), doesn't get the best reviews for their Krung Thep service center.  And my latest unit had an issue, still under warranty.  Suspected it wasn't ASUS, and passed on sending in/dropping it off to them.  It went out of warranty, and a few windows & google chrome updates, and it sorted itself out.

I checked everything possible to diagnose the problem, eliminating all related to the ASUS unit itself.  My diagnosis was correct, and simply a conflict with Win10 and or Chrome.  They finally sorted it out within their update.   Didn't start, until 1.5 yrs after purchase, so thought right, it was one of their updates.

So know what you are buying, and source from authorized seller.  Most major issues, will show up almost immediately with electronics (my experience anyway), and they'll fix or replace.

11 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

What is LazMail? Where are they located?

LazMall is verified vendors LAZ themselves will make sure any stated warranty/replace guarantees are enforced.  Usually no questions asked.

Usually priced a wee bit more, but worth the piece of mind, claims will be honored.

Other listed vendors, may fight and returns/claim you submit.

You notice the designation on the LAX listing:

image.png.c46ff0dcf99bd46cdfa5180a720927ac.png

You also want to buy from authorized/'flagshop' stores on LAZ.

That red Thai script after ASUS, reads 'flagship'

Don't be misled by listing that might say something like 'ASUSonline' as it may not be ASUS themselves or a reseller.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Look on You Tube or Google the many ways you can install W11 on an 'incompatible' PC. Some even put there by Microsoft.

I have been there and done it several times.  It's easy.

you did it yourself . no problems of any sort ( updates etc ) ? 

6 minutes ago, Aforek said:

you did it yourself . no problems of any sort ( updates etc ) ? 

Yes, on both an 8 year old self-made i5 tower PC, and a 5 year old NUC.

Both now have W11 Pro, and update perfectly.

47 minutes ago, Aforek said:

For the OP, I bought my desktop computer HP and printer "Brother " at Lazada and I am very happy

but because Advice has "tech" ( and I have one near my home ) I wonder if they could replace my mother board , because I have Win 10 and good items  inside my computer and I don't want to buy a new computer just to install Win 11 in two years

you think they can do it ( replace motherboard and prepare it for Win 11 , i am not sure of myself ),  as said above, I have an HP desktop , very good 

thanks 

afaik, a lot of the big brands like dell, hp, etc use their own proprietary mobo sizes, not ATX, which is a standard size. You could ask at advice, but if they say "mai dai krup", this may be one reason, you also need to match the RAM and CPU to the board. Computers are imho just disposable these days, if you want something that is upgradable, then speak to the guys about building a custom machine, doesnt need to be expensive if you are just browsing the web, photos and admin stuff, it may well be cheaper than off the peg desktop. You might be able to recycle your RAM, HDD and power supply from your old machine.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2023 at 11:44 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Right...so, in fact, you're claim was false, you haven't seen that, you're just quoting hearsay.

i saw what i saw. i see what i see.

should we deep dive into philosophy? did i see it or did i only feel the presence of the reviews?

you sit on here all day calling people liars? for what purpose? you are the smartest farang out of all of us rice field squatters?

maybe find a better way to spend your time.

ps i have 30 years in IT and still work today.

#

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, roietfortress said:
On 8/31/2023 at 11:44 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Right...so, in fact, you're claim was false, you haven't seen that, you're just quoting hearsay.

i saw what i saw. i see what i see.

You sure did not see the inside components of the computers that you referred to that were being advertised on Lazada!...unless you bought one.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You sure did not see the inside components of the computers that you referred to that were being advertised on Lazada!...unless you bought one.

where did i say i saw the inside of a computer sold on Lazada? please quote me. you keep adding things to your argument. i read the reviews. how about you?

you're cracking me up Lou. i question your motive for attacking my original statement. it was a pretty simple advice comment. maybe advice triggers you?

#

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, roietfortress said:

where did i say i saw the inside of a computer sold on Lazada? please quote me.

Ok, you posted...

"one thing i'd worry about with buying tech on Lazada or Shopee is to make sure all components are new. i've seen sellers offering machines with a brand new case and used parts inside".

If the Lazada seller does not state that there are used parts inside (and they do not) the only way you could know for sure is by seeing the inside of the computer.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 2:58 PM, The Fugitive said:

'Advice' computers appear to be expanding. Everytime I've been in one, there was a 'tech' guy present in addition to the sales staff. They do on-line sales too.  

Agreed, I have an "Advice" store near me... excellent service from the staff and  3 resident tech engineers, with a walk-in help service.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Maybe they have an "online service" to purchase and have it delivered if not in your area?

• Thanks 1

Was looking for a GPD Pocket 3 mini pc 8" touch screen Windows 10/11 for international travel, nowhere to be found in Bangkok electronic stores. But available on Lazada 30,000 baht imported from a small Chinese startup company (capitalized by GoFundMe). Paid with Lazada Wallet - Lazada chat with vendor got free a specialized carry case and rechargeable touch pen (screen can swivel into a flat tablet position).

Arrived 2 weeks later because of import requirements. Now 6 months later no operational issues. Recently saw on US Amazon for equivalent 60,000 baht.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I was looking for one two years ago it seemed that most shops kept very little stock on site and you had to order from their pamphlet. I bought from Lazada in the end and have had no problems for the two years I have owned it. The shop still sells computers on Lazada.

20230902_071658.jpg

On 8/30/2023 at 2:17 PM, NoshowJones said:

I have been trying to buy an All in One desktop computer. Power Buy in both Nakhon Sawan and Phichit only sell laptops, I saw one in IT City I wanted to buy there and then.

The sales girl said I have to wait till "mechanic" in her words comes sometime in the afternoon before I can buy. That sort of service is no use to me, what is the salesgirl there for anyway? I just wonder how that store stays in business.

Apart from going to Bangkok, Lazada has what I want, but I just don't trust their sellers, I know there is a way you can check a sellers background, but This is Thailand and money can buy anything, probably even good reports.

Going by looking through Lazada's AIO's the cheaper ones have no warranty, I would not buy anything like these anyway, but the one's at about 15,000Bt upwards usually have a sellers warranty of two years, the ones I have seen in the shops have a three years warranty in store.

Any advice anyone?

Two things, I bought a laptop via Lazada no problems at all happy with the purchase. Second, a Warranty in Thailand 555555. 

I don't get why people need a desktop unless you are some kind of architect who needs to put building drawings on multiple monitors.

A laptop has great functionality and superior compact form.

I work with Xcel spreadsheets and Word and PDF documents all the time and I just change the magnification temporarily if I want to zoom in on something.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CecilM said:

Lazada, no.

JIB/ Banana/ etc, yes. 

Who are actually selling on Lazada.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=jib&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.11257f6dOj2AN5

https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/banana/?q=banana&catalog_redirect_tag=true

Edited by lopburi3

On 8/30/2023 at 3:58 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Op I'm guessing you will need someone to set up for you, so no not Lazada, a shop with customer service to install and answer questions

well, there you go, some good advice - - you want somebody near who can easily help w/small problems... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

Welcome in Stoneage:post-4641-1156694572:

I have stopped using the site, not because I am a dinosaur, but because it is a very poorly designed site and the high incidence of stuff which was simply wrong. Things totally unrelated to my order. Plus all of their the stuff is from China and of poor quality. And they don't do sex toys in Thailand ????

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, khunPer said:

You can also buy online directly from trusted computer outlets like Banana and JIB.

And you can buy from the same stores on Lazada links I provided.  Lazada may have issues with some sellers - but the platform is legit - as are most sellers.