Two cases of new COVID Omicron sub-variant reported in Thailand

snoop1130

40 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

"bet this will really piss off the woke mob."

Not really - your kind of people (US Total Deaths. 1,138,602) kicked the bucket first last time and may happen again ????

Then again, your kind of people kicked the bucket from the adverse effects of the vaccine , so 1-1 draw in that respect 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

All recent disease epidemics are denied by a minority when first reported. I well remember when a vocal minority claimed that HIV was a hoax, and the immune system damage and deaths were caused by the anti HIV treatments. A generation from now, you will have forgotten that you denied the existence of Covid. Anti vaxxers will have moved on to attacking more recent vaccines.

I don't think so Tim. Not for me anyhow.

Seeing as you brought it up, and at some risk to my AN membership, I'll respond. HIV, AIDS and any of the covids - including c-19, and its variants, - are not as we were/are told by the authorities. I could say why - in an in-depth essay - but as I say, at a risk to my membership. I have too many friends on this platform to chuck it all away by telling the truth as I see it.

But I must add, that it is refreshing for a m--------. to post a constructive view, rather than a threatening one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Where is your source of that disinformation?

the UK government has said manufacturers are not prohibited from selling the vaccines in a private market.

How high are Covid rates in England and what are the vaccination plans? | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Who is eligible for a COVID vaccine?

• Residents in care homes for older adults
• All adults over 65
• People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group (more on that below)
• People aged 12 to 64 who live with someone with immunosuppression
• Frontline health and social care workers
• Carers and staff working in care homes for older adults!

Sky News

Edited by Rimmer
quoted reply of removed post removed
  • Thanks 2

On 8/31/2023 at 6:40 AM, Eleftheros said:

North Korea has had strict mask mandates for 3 years, not lifted until July this year.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/north-korea-appears-lift-covid-mask-mandate-reports-say-2023-07-04/

So it all depends on whether, from your own political perspective, you consider North Korea to be "far left" or not.

Jeez, talk about building a strawman!

On 9/2/2023 at 12:19 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

Then again, your kind of people kicked the bucket from the adverse effects of the vaccine , so 1-1 draw in that respect 

You believe in fairy stories.

1 in a thousand died from Covid.

1 in a million died from the vaccines.

Your panties are in a bun over nothing.

On 9/1/2023 at 10:21 PM, BritTim said:

All recent disease epidemics are denied by a minority when first reported. I well remember when a vocal minority claimed that HIV was a hoax, and the immune system damage and deaths were caused by the anti HIV treatments. A generation from now, you will have forgotten that you denied the existence of Covid. Anti vaxxers will have moved on to attacking more recent vaccines.

A lot of the HIV deniers were HIV positive. They denied that there was a link between HIV and AIDS.

That particular vocal minority literally died out.

So many Covid hoaxers died from Covid that I thought the Denial movement would likewise die out. But, no, there are no limits to stupidity.

• Like 1

It's a common fallacy that viruses weaken over time.

The reality is that viruses randomly mutate, and those mutations that best increase production of the virus survive. But that doesn't mean weaker iterations.

For example, its possible that a delayed reaction variant might emerge, where the virus provides no symptoms for weeks or months, allowing the virus to spread, before killing the host.

Interestingly, many who think that viruses weakrn over time also believe that Covid was engineered in a biolab.

So, the inventors of Covid got lazy after the initial version, and didn't bother to create a more lethal variant.

• Like 1

New weekly COVID hospitalizations (in red below) reported by the Thai government (if their numbers are to be believed) are down to their lowest levels since April... under 200 per week nationwide, and reported COVID deaths are down to about 1 per day (shown in gray below).

1938820706_THCOVIDDashboard202308-27to09-02.jpg.0ff0f212a669fe8acab711df80a8c41c.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=main

Of course, no one publicly has any idea how many people in Thailand continue to come down with some variant of COVID and don't end up being hospitalized or formally counted anymore, since the government these days only reports hospitalizations and deaths.

Still, if true, that's a whole lot better than the U.S., for example, where COVID hospitalizations have been steadily rising for more than two months now,  and COVID deaths just have starting rising again lately...although still at low levels.

COVID markers continue rise in the US and globally

August 26, 2023
"In the United States, COVID hospitalizations have been rising for 7 straight weeks from a very low level, and last week, hospitalizations rose 21.6% from the week before."
"Deaths, one of the CDC's other main indicators, rose this week for the third week in a row, up 21.4% from the previous week."
Early indicators also rose, including emergency department (ED) visits for COVID, which rose 20.4% compared to the week before."

Screenshot_1.jpg.f44c8e53e5d16cacf1e1bebfb33fbbcc.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2023 at 11:49 AM, Danderman123 said:

So many Covid hoaxers died from Covid that I thought the Denial movement would likewise die out. But, no, there are no limits to stupidity.

I am very concerned when I read recent commentary from these deniers... as if the time of the pandemic was just a long bad dream.. the images coming out of the hospitals, the statistics and numbers, mass burials in various countries..... all forgotten and denied now. If we failed to learn anything from it, we will suffer more from the next one. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

WHO airs concerns about global COVID trends

At a briefing on global health issues today, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said there are concerning trends ahead of the Northern Hemisphere winter, including rising deaths in parts of the Middle East and Asia and increased hospitalizations in multiple regions.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, PhD, included the caveat that data are limited, with few countries reporting information....

Tedros added that one of the WHO's biggest worries is the low number of at-risk people who have recently received a dose of COVID-19 vaccine."

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/who-airs-concerns-about-global-covid-trends

I have not heard or seen anything lately regarding whether Thailand has any plans to make available the newly updated COVID vaccines that will be rolled out in the U.S., U.K., and elsewhere in the coming months.

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

WHO airs concerns about global COVID trends

At a briefing on global health issues today, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said there are concerning trends ahead of the Northern Hemisphere winter, including rising deaths in parts of the Middle East and Asia and increased hospitalizations in multiple regions.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, PhD, included the caveat that data are limited, with few countries reporting information....

Tedros added that one of the WHO's biggest worries is the low number of at-risk people who have recently received a dose of COVID-19 vaccine."

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/who-airs-concerns-about-global-covid-trends

I have not heard or seen anything lately regarding whether Thailand has any plans to make available the newly updated COVID vaccines that will be rolled out in the U.S., U.K., and elsewhere in the coming months.

WHO's main concern is that funding from Big Pharma is drying up.

This organization has no credibility whatsoever.

The biggest positive takeaway from the last few years is that more people around the world have woken up to the real ambitions of these three letter organizations.

Their priority is population and energy use reduction, by whatever means. They don't even try and hide this anymore.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...