Last day before turning 50

Celsius

4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I want this day to last forever.

why dont you get so drunk that you slip into a coma? then theoretically this day will last forever, at least from your perspective ???? 

only kidding, enjoy your final day of being 40 something!

16 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I want this day to last forever. Life is not fair, I still feel like a spoiled child.

What are the actual benefits of being this old? I don't see any. I guess I can now live forever in Thailand on retirement visa? What an amazing benefit. What else?

Give me something positive you aged misbegottens. 

For me it’s not an age thing, it’s a world view thing and how greeting others from any background without a predisposition or assumption and not giving a damn about their positions or beliefs that may oppose mine, some of the best friendships I have in the US are with those that are polar opposite on beliefs. It’s all in the head and how we perceive the world, minus toxic company.

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I want this day to last forever. Life is not fair, I still feel like a spoiled child.

What are the actual benefits of being this old? I don't see any. I guess I can now live forever in Thailand on retirement visa? What an amazing benefit. What else?

Give me something positive you aged misbegotten. 

Today is Thursday, tomorrow is Friday.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

That’s the age where you get into “weird medical”. Stuff like prostrate exams, other strange medical stuff they start pushing you to do. Enjoy!

I agree.... prepare for numerous invasions in unexpected quarters.

• Haha 2

When you're out with family and friends in the same age bracket, the conversations will become more about your medications, your aches, pains and other conditions that no longer go away after a week or so. Ye will talk about friends who got heart attacks, strokes, cancer and other exotic conditions and ye shall laugh merrily about how things have changed.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

When you're out with family and friends in the same age bracket, the conversations will become more about your medications, your aches, pains and other conditions that no longer go away after a week or so. Ye will talk about friends who got heart attacks, strokes, cancer and other exotic conditions and ye shall laugh merrily about how things have changed.

At 50 I also became more curios about what happened to people I knew when I was younger, teachers, friends, college buddies.

You end up finding some of them on the internet or Facebook and learn about how they died ????.

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

At 50 I also became more curios about what happened to people I knew when I was younger, teachers, friends, college buddies.

You end up finding some of them on the internet or Facebook and learn about how they died ????.

I found a bunch of people I knew decades ago on the internet......But after I found them I realized I had nothing to say....lol

The one guy I really wanted to talk to, had moved and changed his phone number dozens of times....So I hit a dead end there... 

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I found a bunch of people I knew decades ago on the internet......But after I found them I realized I had nothing to say....lol

The one guy I really wanted to talk to, had moved and changed his phone number dozens of times....So I hit a dead end there... 

No chance of ever getting that tenner back so

2 hours ago, LaosLover said:

No one cares what you think, say, or do. It's like a super-power.

Tho a lot of boomers want even more attention than before.

-And so richly deserve the c-block drubbing to come.

They're realizing that almost everyone else hates boomers and they're in self-preservation mode. Guess they ran out of illegal migrants to hire to cut their grass. ????????‍♂️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Celsius said:

Now you can have a 'mid life' crisis.  Was one of my thoughts when hitting 50, almost 19 yrs ago.

Thinking that was never going to happen when younger, so why not shoot of 100.

Just keep moving forward, new hobby, new sights, new things to do, perfecting & enjoying what you already know & do.

Too much time on your hands, start cooking at home.  That new hobby, eat healthier, cheaper, and might even make it to 100.

For comic relief, read the daily doom & gloom news, and the sad sots on AN complaining everyday, about everything, realizing that they are miserable and that they are still alive.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Don't know about the spoiled part, but you definitely act like a petulant child in the interactions I've had with you. 

What interactions. Here on this thread you are whining about boomers again.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

“weird medical”. Stuff like prostrate exams, other strange medical stuff.

Enjoy!

I don't get this from my health care provider. Your gay doctor may be trolling you.

"Enjoy", you say? Sounds very consensual.

• Haha 1

Belated HBD! If you feel good, content and happy then 50 is but a number. Each year is a blessing though. It's my last year in 30s, I used to think I will be old and wrinkly haha. Many think I wasted my life for not being married but those are the same toxic people I cut off from life. Surround yourself with people who aren't toxic, you are blessed each year with life not to live for others but to make the best out of your life! Do what makes you feel excited and puts a smile on your face, so long you're not stepping on others. ????????

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Celsius said:

At age 49 I came to reside in Thailand, six months later I turned 50.

15 years later I'm still here and enjoying life to the full..

Life doesn't stop after having a 50th birthday... it is what you make it.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Celsius said:

Happy Birthday for tomorra..no benefits whatsoever.